Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
BEST Products from experience.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anom
5% products discount

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I am 30yrs old and have finally found all the right products for my skin. I suffered from Cystic Acne as a teenager and until recently still suffered from cysts on my face. A lovely dermatologist put me onto Ultracueticals and I haven't looked back. Now my skin is FLAWLESS, I am not kidding, people comment all the time, it's so embarassing. Anyway the products I use are:
* Ultraceuticals Ultra Hydrating cream
* Ultraceuticals Sheer Vitamin C (not oily)
* Ultraceuticals Eye & Lip Cream (Vitamins A,E & E, which is all you need)
* Ultraceuticals Dark Circle Eye cream
* Ultraceuticals Skin Clear (has totally cleared my pimples and cysts)
* 'Simple' Face Wash

I also use a Buff Puff which basically srubs all the dead skin and muck off my face every day. I use a face mask every second day (Clay mask)

For pigmentation I use a cream with Hydroquinone, the only known product to get rid of pigmentation.

For a sunscreen I use Dr Lewinn's Sun Defence, it has the highest amount of zinc oxide than any other sunscreen.

I don't need make up, but if i was to use a compact face powder it would be Ultraceuticals eventone.

I hope this helps people with skin problems. It took me 15 years to find the right products for my skin and I thought i would pass on my experience to others that may need it.
Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your post. I remember once seeing this girl with the most beautiful, poreless skin and I felt compelled to ask what she was using. The answer was, as you must have guessed by now, Ultraceuticals.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow, very interesting! Actually, believe it or not, I don't think I've even heard of Ultraceuticals. Embarassed Anom, can you tell me what the active ingredient in the Skin Clear is? TIA!

5% products discount

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you found stuff that works. Your list is huge though. Isn't that expensive to keep up with?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Anom , can you only get this line from the dermatologist?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad you have found products that you like. But are you not able to substitute hydroquionne for something else? This ingrediant has been banned in some countries so obvisouly there is a reason for it. And it makes the skin very sensitive to the sun. Long term effects are bad from it, and on top of this it causes bad hyperpigmentation once stopped Exclamation
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
anom, can you please elaborate on your skin type - dry or oily, hyperpigmentation problems etc? Does this skin line carry different products for different skin types? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. That's great that you found products that are truly taking care of your skin.

Could you please give us some more detail about your skin type?? I would appreciate. Very Happy
anom
5% products discount

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your replies. To answer everyone's questions.....
MANSLAYERLIZ...the active ingredient in skin clear is Retinol, BHA,AHA,Tea Tre and Green Tea extract. I use to use benzoyl peroxide 10% but found it to basically rip the layers of skin of my face. Ultraceuticals Ultra Clear Treatment Gel keeps my skin flawless from cysts and even small pimples.

MAMAJEANS.... yes it can be expensive but as long as I can afford i will keep buying it. I suffered so long from cystic acne and awful skin I count my blessings that I have found the right products for my skin

IAIMEI..... I buy it online from either activeskin or adorebeuty as I found these places to be the cheapest. If you buy it from a store you will pay double the price.

SIMRAN..... I have tried so many products promising to clear pigmentation, I have literally wasted hundreds of dollars looking for the right product to get rid of pigmentation. Usually you will need a doctor's prescription to buy a product with hydroquinone but if you ring up or visit the Lotus Institute on the Gold Coast they sell their own formula with this product in it. It is FANTASTIC. Any cosmetic surgery centre usually sell their own hydroquinone products. Or any place that usually carries out such procuedures as Botox injections etc. You are right in saying that you need to stay out of the sun while using the product otherwise it's a waste of money. You need to stay out of the sun anyway even if you are not using it or use a sunscreen with a high amount of zinc oxide if you want to stay clear of pigmentation. I don't use it all the time, only for a few weeks on then a few weeks off. And I haven't experienced hyperpigmentation. Like I said my skin is flawless, poreless and no pigmentation whatsoever. I still use the product as a preventative measure.

LIFEISBEAUTIFUL...... My skin type USE to be oily, clogged and enlarged pores, shiny, horrible, brown spots everywhere. It was so bad that I use to have to wipe the oil from my face every hour or so. Now my skin is normal since I have started using Ultraceuticals... no oil, no spots, not dry, dewy, just perfect. Ultraceuticals sell products for oily skin, dry skin and problem skin. If you have a look at their website you will see a range of products. I forgot to mention that I also use their vitamins, especially the Age Defiance as it contains fish protein which is used to produce collagen and delay wrinkles.

I was told by a dermatologist that basically all your skin needs are Vitamins A,C and E (internally and externally).

Another product that is also really good is Silica in the drinkable form. It costs about $40 and you can buy it from Health Food stores. Other forms of Silica are usually in tablet form and are horsetail based but it's more effective in the drinkable form.

Hope this helps.......
Razz
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hydroquinone is not healthy and I got bad hyperpigmentation from it.

I use DDF glycolic lotion that I added glucosamine, niacinamide and some other ingredients that help the skin and are not toxic. I have no spots on my hands any more and the skin is thicker.

Hydroquinone is mutagenic and has been banned as a cancer risk by some countries.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
MDF cleanser with glcolic acid
MDF facial Lotion Smile

5% products discount

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think most beauty products (except Ultraceuticals) pose some sort of health risk. I use to use Glycoloic Acid (John Pluckett's I think) but this didn't work and I didn't fancy using 'acid' on my skin. I didn't realise that Hydroquinone was so dangerous. I am wondering why they still produce creams with this product in it if they knew of the risk's (especially the skin surgery centre's)?
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
The "bests" by far for me are:
Obagi system
Retin-A
Laura Mercier MMU
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Hydroquinone is not healthy and I got bad hyperpigmentation from it.

I use DDF glycolic lotion that I added glucosamine, niacinamide and some other ingredients that help the skin and are not toxic. I have no spots on my hands any more and the skin is thicker.

Hydroquinone is mutagenic and has been banned as a cancer risk by some countries.

Hi Sharky, Are you using the DDF glycolic body lotion (12%)? What do you recommend for sun spots (old acne scars) on face? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes lifeisbeautiful. I love that product I use it every day. for spots you need other additive. I have put about 2oz of the ddf lotion in a small jar and added glucosamine, niacinimide, ALA and a few other ingredients to form a gel. I have found this gel to be excellent at removing sunspots. My hands had some spots ealier in the summer but they are gone now. (I am not alway vigilant about using products on my hands but when I do it makes a big difference). I credit the DDF lotion with making a big improvement in the skin quality on my hands.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sharky. Do you mind telling me where you got these chemicals? TIA

5% products discount

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
The only product that has remained in my collection throughout the years has been Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant..everything else is in constant rotation. I am always in search of a new product for acne scaring, and something to brighten my complexion. Ahh yes..and a new anti-redness product for my wintertime issues. Oiy..will the issues ever end! Smile
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
My tried & true product has to be Alpha Derma CE & their mineral skin prep. I have been using it for about 4 years and love it. Definitely worth the $ in my opinion.

I also use & really like:

True Radiance Eye Cream - Awesome Product
Emu Oil
PSF Acne Mud Treatment Mask
PSF HA

And most recently (Only been using for 3-4 weeks so can't give a definite solid review yet) Skin Biology Cooper peptides - So far I am really loving them!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Until I tried Decleor, I thought all skincare products are more or less the same. Since Decleor, I have learned otherwise.

I had good skin from childhood and I took care of it in any case, however, since using Decleor, my skin has become even better. My mother's too has become better since using Decleor. We can't stop raving about it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
Until I tried Decleor, I thought all skincare products are more or less the same. Since Decleor, I have learned otherwise.

I had good skin from childhood and I took care of it in any case, however, since using Decleor, my skin has become even better. My mother's too has become better since using Decleor. We can't stop raving about it!

It is so difficult to compare a semi-natural brand like Decleor to a cosmoceutical brand like Ultraceuticals. I go through stages of trying both, but my skin always seem more receptive to the natural brands. I think it would be worth trying Darphin for you, they have a similar background to Decleor, but they claim to use a higher percentage of essential oils to Decleor. Mary Cohr is another brand you might like to try.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you.I will keep it in mind.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Sothys' hydrating mask

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I received some samples of Ultraceuticals soy cleanser from fountain cosmetics (they carry ultraceuticals at decent prices by the way)and found it to be quite clogging. Anyway, that turned me off it abit. It also smelt very medicinal.
I agree about Decleor products - as i get older I feel the less chemicals the better. Decleor is very wow and smells SO GOOD.
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree with LJ604 about dermalogica microfoliant. I always like to have some of this on hand. I keep hearing great comments about decleor...am very keen to try some of their products next.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I keep getting periods of breakouts, and only one rutine repairs and clears my skin:

Eminence Organics Sweet Red Rose Cleanser (leave it on for a minute, then wash off with COLD water) follow with

Dr Hauschka Cleansing cream (also leave on for a minute as a mask, then add on some cold water and "press and roll" while washing off)

Finish with Jurlique's Herbal Revovery gel.

At night, I sometimes use Devita AHA serum to retexture.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |