Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Eviction
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ginderella
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever had to evict a tenant. I'm renting my home and realize my tenant is delusional. He quit his job thinking he is going to get some kind of invention going in time to pay rent. I'm sick with worry. Any suggestions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well, you can't evict him for being delusional. You have to follow the law. IF he fails to pay rent, you proceed according to the rules of the law. The laws differ according to where you live. Do some online research into your local laws.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure what part of the world you live in Ginderella, but if it's Canada the process of eviction can be a long and tedious one. Do a search in Google for Landlord and Tenant Act in your juristiction. Good luck!
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
it took us 6 months to evict someone, its terrible how they can not pay but you have to follow every law to get them out, but they can go on not paying.i wish you luck hon

5% products discount

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I'm realizing as I get older ,there is a type of personality disorder, I've only seen in men, which makes them believe they are right and there is something wrong with the rest of the world. They are only able to hold jobs for short periods of time. You can't talk sense to these guys and they are the ones who without good families wind up on the streets homeless.Does anyone know what this disorder is?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
It's called the male menopause

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear you're having tenant troubles. I think it's a good idea to research your local laws, but eviction can be a very complicated process and the rules vary from place to place. I urge you to consult with a lawyer during the process, or to hire a lawyer (one who specializes in landlord/tenant issues) to do it for you. I know the upfront expense can be high, but if you make a mistake it can cost you months and months in the courts.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't know where you are located, ginderella, but where I am there are local tenant / landlord associations that can get you started regarding the basics.

But, as far as you have posted, this guy is not working but has he been late with the rent? Are you jumping the gun? Fine, research the laws but until he stops paying rent, there's nothing you can do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Where I live it is very hard to evict a tenant. Even if rent has not been paid it is hard to have someone leave their rental. If someone is sick (physically/emotionally) or has young children it makes it much harder to evict. As long as you rent is being paid their is not much you can do right now unless you sold your property.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
In Ontario (Canada), you can give your tenant 60 days notice at any time if you require your rental property be vacated so that you or a family member can move back in, or if you are selling the rental property. I've used this method to give notice to a couple who were renting my fathers basement apartment (total nut-bars), and it worked perfectly. Look into your 'legal' options for moving into your rental property, as they do exist. This may be one way to get your current tenant out before matters escalate into something serious with him.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Having been a property manager myself and also currently renting my basement I agree with what you say Scots Lass - except for one thing. You can't give notice if you are selling. Your buyer has to assume the tenants and they give them notice after they take possession. Currently you can also give notice to vacate if the tenant is disturbing the "quiet enjoyment" of the other tenants and/or the homeowner. I once had to evict a party animal on those grounds and he eventually left in his own sweet time Sad. You should check the required notice periods in each region - the laws vary from Province to Province here in Canada.
Another valuable tip - all notices to vacate must be delivered in writing and acknowledged by the tenant - otherwise they can deny they ever received it and you're back to square one.
Lunarmm is right - unless he's in arrears with his rent, you just have to accept that he might be a bit eccentric and there's no law against that Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anya - You are right! Thanks for clarifying the difference between a new owner taking possession of the rental property and giving 60 days notice to the tenants, versus an existing owner who is selling and wants to evict. Smile This is where that legal clause that allows the current owner to evict in order to take over their rental property for personal use comes in handy!!! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
You really need to check the local laws. And you're not going to be able to do anything on a suspicion that he's not going to be able to pay rent. You have to wait until he actually does not pay rent.

Here in Georgia, it's really easy to evict someone. You can do it in less than a month if you start as soon as the rent is late and all the dates fall correctly. But you still have to follow specific rules.

If you really think you're going to have to go through an eviction, I'd start putting some money away so that the lack of rent for some period of time doesn't cause bills to go unpaid (if the rental income is income you count on).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, no problem Scots Lass Very Happy Ginderella hasn't told us where she lives, so its hard to give advice specific to her area Confused
ginderella
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

Thanks for all the info. He has missed July's rent and has talked about getting a great job as a preacher paying 150,000.00 a year US. Then he said he was going to fast track an invention that some people were interested in. Then he moved in his sister with two kids who also has no job. I live in the state of Maryland and have filed eviction papers yesterday. The court date is August 2nd which is very fast, although I think after that it still takes a few weeks.

Oh well I should have paid the money and had a background check

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link I found about eviction in the state of Maryland http://www.peoples-law.org/housing/ltenant/legal%20info/failure%20to%20pay%20rent.htm

It sure seems a lot easier to evict a tenant in Maryland than in NY where I'm from! Wow...
ginderella
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

Well the eviction is finally going to happen.The sheriffs office called and we're throwing my crazy tenant out on the 21st of this month. I only wish I had started the proceedings sooner. Apparently Maryland law is very quick compared to other states and countries.

Maybe Daniel in the "I'm in a weird place" would want to rent my place for a short term to see the beautiful eastern shore.

I'm so thrilled. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Having been a property manager myself and also currently renting my basement I agree with what you say Scots Lass - except for one thing. You can't give notice if you are selling. Your buyer has to assume the tenants and they give them notice after they take possession. Currently you can also give notice to vacate if the tenant is disturbing the "quiet enjoyment" of the other tenants and/or the homeowner. I once had to evict a party animal on those grounds and he eventually left in his own sweet time Sad. You should check the required notice periods in each region - the laws vary from Province to Province here in Canada.
Another valuable tip - all notices to vacate must be delivered in writing and acknowledged by the tenant - otherwise they can deny they ever received it and you're back to square one.
Lunarmm is right - unless he's in arrears with his rent, you just have to accept that he might be a bit eccentric and there's no law against that Very Happy

Sorry to hijack the original thread...I just had a comment. We just bought a house that is tenanted. The realtors involved both agreed that the seller was to give notice to their tenants to vacate within 60 days, and not us, the buyers. So far so good, no problems. We're in Vancouver and I'm not sure if the laws here are different than Ontario...
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
AFAIK Puglove the owner can only give notice to vacate 60 days prior to the end of the lease on behalf of the buyer. Notice is only valid if the buyer requires the unit for their own personal use.
Quote:
Notice, purchaser personally requires unit

49. (1) A landlord of a residential complex that contains no more than three residential units who has entered into an agreement of purchase and sale of the residential complex may, on behalf of the purchaser, give the tenant of a unit in the residential complex a notice terminating the tenancy, if the purchaser in good faith requires possession of the residential complex or the unit for the purpose of residential occupation by,
(a) the purchaser;
(b) the purchaser’s spouse;
(c) a child or parent of the purchaser or the purchaser’s spouse; or
(d) a person who provides or will provide care services to the purchaser, the purchaser’s spouse, or a child or parent of the purchaser or the purchaser’s spouse, if the person receiving the care services resides or will reside in the building, related group of buildings, mobile home park or land lease community in which the rental unit is located.

That's how it is in Ontario Wink
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Eviction laws vary drastically from city to city, be sure to check with a lawyer if getting those tenants out in 60 days is very important. Sometimes they don't leave and this is why (generally) vacant buildings sell for a higher price than occupied ones.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |