Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Top 10 Cult Beauty Products according to Sunday Times (UK)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
1 Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
2 John Frida Frizz-Ease Serum
3 Johnson's Holiday Skin
4 Shu Uemera eyelash curlers
5 Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
6 Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
7 Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret
8 L'Oreal Elnett hairspray
9 Mac Spice Lip Pencil
10 Clarins Tonic Oil

Plus their 5 "Tipped for the Top"
1 Nude Cleansing Facial Oil
2 Philips Sonicare toothbrush
3 By Terry Light Expert
4 Trilogy Everything Balm
5 Max Factor Mirace Touch

Of their top 10, only two (2 & 5)make it into my list of "lives up to the hype" products.

But that Sonicare toothbrush sounds interesting...it was voted one of CNN's 'five inventions to change your life' and supposedly whitens teeth and cleans like nothing you've ever experienced (£70 at Boots). Has anyone tried it?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Sonicare is a must for me. I use Sonicare Elite. It's expensive, but worth every penny. My teeth just do not feel as clean with normal brushing. Once you use Sonicare, you will never want to be without it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
The Phillips Sonicare is the only product on the list(s) I have used. I absolutely can't live without it!
I started using the regular Sonicare years ago, then switched to the Elite model when it came out. Both are good, but the Elite is great. My teeth don't feel clean if I have to use a regular toothbrush. Plus, when I get my teeth cleaned, the dentist always marvels at the lack of plaque on my teeth.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm another Sonicare fan. I hate using a manual toothbrush now - doesn't feel nearly so clean.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Well, looks like I'm going to be buying a new toothbrush. Smile Thanks for confirming that it really is something that works.

As for the original "top 10" list - I overlooked number 8. Best hairspray ever. (Midnight Secret is the one on that list that I'd shout "Emperor's New Clothes!" at - that "sleep in a bottle" tag is a joke, albeit a very clever one.)
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I use John Freida frizz ease serum and it really does live up to the hype.

I have thick, long hair and this keeps the frizzies at bay during high humidity.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised that I only use one of the products on the list. I would have thought that a product junkie like me would have more of them!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Sonicare sounds like a great toothbrush, wonder how much it cost and how long does it last?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for the Sonicare toothbrush. I'm on my second one... the first one's battery kind of died after a couple of years. I love it and I normally hate electric toothbrushes.

Have been wanting to try that Mac Spice lip pencil since the 90s but somehow I never remember to buy it, probably cos I don't use any other Mac products.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I love my sonicare. Ever since I got one for christmas quite a few years ago I haven't had a single cavity. Before the sonicare, it was a given that I'd have a cavity when I had my yearly visit. I think that it does also help to keep your teeth whiter.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was just not impressed with those Nude product, so I am not sure about the cleansing oil as a top tip.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used none of them but the Sonicare brush caught my attention here. How long does one brush head expected to last?
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking whether I should use sonicare.... Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I used none of them but the Sonicare brush caught my attention here. How long does one brush head expected to last?

Just like a normal toothbrush, the head needs to be changed after 3 months of use.
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I completely agree with number 5 Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I have used it every evening for over a year now and i love it. Its contains naturally active ingrediants like cocoa butter and eucalyptus oil and it can remove my makeup including stubborn mascara with out stinging my eyes.

It is a wonderful product

Hannah x

p.s i think im going to have to get myself one of those Sonicare toothbrushes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried that new (I think) Ultreo toothbrush? It's supposed to be designed by the same company that came up with the Sonicare.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I am a dental hygiene professor teaching Preventive Dentistry and Periodontics and there is NOTHING like an excellent power toothbrush. I have both Braun Oral B and a Sonicare. Love them both. Brushing your own teeth with a toothbrush for a half hour won't even come close to a comprehensive two minute brushing with an effective power toothbrush. Now that's a bargain!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sonicare is great. I now have the Elite but started with the original.

When my battery died within the warantee period on my original Sonicare, the company mailed a new one out to me right away with a box postage paid to return the one that died on me.

BTW, the Sonicare folks (Philips, I think) also are the makers of the Clarisonic which I also have now. Two great products!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Love my sonicare!! My dental hygienist got on to me this year. (A new dentist, the one I went to before never said anything) and told me that I was brushing too hard and had damaged some of my gum line. YIKES!

She recommended I get a Sonicare or another one (maybe Braun??) Anyway, I told my bf about it when I got home and mentioned that I needed to get one. He went out and got us both one! He got the Elite. We have been using it since June. We both love it. Your teeth feel so clean!

Deb
mrspopov

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I have sonicare.. Highly recommended!!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I tried John Freida's Frizz Ease serum - didn't work for me at all! And while I don't use Sonicare, I use another brush you can only get from a dentist, Prodentec with microfiber bristles with a rotating head. My teeth feel dentist clean, a can't live without product.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
From the top 10 list, I have only used 3 of the products but will very soon try out the Laura Mercier concealer.

I;ve used:
Shu Uemera eyelash curler, which I've used once and it really does curl my lashes, well before than the shiseido one anyway.

Johnsons holiday skin= didnt really tan my skin and with consecutive use, makes my skin orange!!!

YSL touche eclat- its not a concealer but a highlighter so it does highlight but its a bit expensive for a small tube of highlighter?!
Deneve
5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am also another Sonicare user. I bought it a long time ago when it first came out and I loved it. Right after I used it I couldn't believe how clean my mouth felt. And it really did look cleaner too. Ah how I miss those days with the Sonicare. My mum made me return it for it was very exp.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I want to try the By Terry Light Expert
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I want to try the By Terry Light Expert

It's EVERYTHING it's cracked up to be... And they just came out with more colors!
I'm pleasantly surprised that it is getting it's due on that list.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |