Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Amatokin - Stem cell wrinkle cream??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else heard of this product? I read that it is the most controversial anti-aging cream to hit the market in more than three decades! It claims to harness the power of stem cells to renew old skin and make it young again. Supposedly it was hitting the market this summer (summer 2007) at roughly $200 !!!

I read that it was developed in some high security lab in Russia somewhere and originally it was being developed to help burn victims heal. That's really all I have heard about it, does anyone else know anything about this?

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
If you do a search for Amatokin, there are individual posts from members using it in their routine along with other products. I don't know how helpful these will be, but here are some of the dedicated threads that came up Search…

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=206398&highlight=amatokin#206398

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18715&highlight=amatokin

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=308941&highlight=amatokin#308941

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=307587&highlight=amatokin#307587

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=295515&highlight=amatokin#295515

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=295514&highlight=amatokin#295514

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=272245&highlight=amatokin#272245

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=255452&highlight=amatokin#255452

HTH Smile
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I was reading the Aug. newsletter on the Elysee website about their new product Youthspan which I'm thinking about ordering and I came across the Amatokin ingredients. I'm assuming (?) these creams are comparable so I will post the ingredients for all these products. HTH

YouthSpan � Last Month For Intro Price!

YouthSpan Facial Resurrection Night Creme was launched back in June as one of the very first to feature breakthrough technology into truly throwing breaks on the aging process. Our proprietary anti-aging blend features an advanced new ingredient called Renovage along with two other complexes, which together provide the following benefits.

�58% increase in cell lifespan (resets your skin's aging clock by more than 5 years!)

�58% increase in moisturization

�46% improvement in the lipid barrier

�6% decrease in appearance of UV damage

�90% improvement in pore size

�32% improvement in volume (lipofilling effect)

This summer many new products have hit the market with similar positioning. We have included these items below along with ingredient listings so you can make an informed choice. They all are good products, and we invite you to look over this information and experience the Elysee difference!

YouthSpan Creme (1.7 oz./$152.92, Intro Price $89.95): Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Teprenone, Thermus Thermophilus Ferment, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Decyl Oleate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Phospholipids, Dextran, Acetyl-Tetrapeptide-2, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Triethanolamine.

Amatokin Emulsion For Face (1 oz./$173): Water (Aqua), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Yeast Extract (Faex), Silica, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Glycereth-26, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone/ Divinyldimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Polypeptide 153, Albumen, Cetearyl Glucoside, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyol Benzylamide Diacetate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Potassium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Chloride, Aluminum Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Phosphate, Trisodium Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben.

Dr. Brown�s Peau Magnifique Youth Recruit (0.12 oz./$1500): Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Madecassoside, EGF, FGF, Telomerase Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-33, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-14, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben.

Isomers Telomers Renovage Youth Precursor Serum (1 oz./$99.99): Aqua/Water, Sorbitan Stearate, Sorbityl Laurate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Teprenone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used it but I broke out in bad hives the same time I used it so I stopped using it for a month. I have read a couple reviews on it but they kinda sound like someone hired from the company to say it. I would only believe reviews from members on message boards who have been members for a long time with hundreds of posts, not someone who pops in with only 1 post. I just started to use it again, this time I am only using it under my eyes and crows feet,thats the only place I have lines that I need to improve on....its very expensive and I figure if I just use it there the bottle will last me 4 months.If I see a big improvement in my crows feet I will consider using it on my whole face.I do think you have to give it a month or 2, not a week.By the way its available on ebay way cheaper around a 100 to 130.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Someone posted on MUA that she loves the product and she was lucky enough to participate in a trial for it. She also has pictures in her profile. She looked great for her age.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
I was reading the Aug. newsletter on the Elysee website about their new product Youthspan which I'm thinking about ordering and I came across the Amatokin ingredients. I'm assuming (?) these creams are comparable so I will post the ingredients for all these products. HTH

Thank You for posting the ingredients for the Amatokin product! I saw this months ago when I was first being hyped and my guess all along has been that the company behind it is spending ALOT more on marketing than on product research. Maria1 first a question for you and then a few thoughts on the Amatokin product.

Why do you assume that the creams are comparable?

What I find very interesting is that they hype the Polypeptide #153 which from what I have read is a peptide with 153 amino acids. I have no clue if such a large peptide can penetrate the skin and be effective. My guess would be that it could not but I would not say that for certain without researching it further. They also claim that polypeptide 153 has been used successfully to treat burn victims. So??? Then they go on to say that if it can help burn victims then imagine what it can do for wrinkles and aged skin. Yes I suppose that we can only imagine since there are probably no studies of this peptide done in the area of rejuvenating aging skin! I am not a total skeptic as I do realize that quite a few of our "anti-aging" actives were originally developed for wound healing but to make the assumption that if something helps with wound healing/burns then it must be good for aged skin is drawing conclusions that may not be warranted.

What I found very interesting is the Peptide in this product that is NOT being hyped in the advertising materials-Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyol Benzylamide Diacetate. This is the active ingredient in Syn-Ake which does have at least some studies to support it's benefit for reducing wrinkles. It is considered to be one of the muscle relaxing peptides. I am not so sure that I would want to be using such a peptide under my eyes or on other areas where sagging due to relaxed muscles might be a concern. Did I miss something or is the manufacturer of Amatokin conveniently choosing to not highlight the fact that this product contains Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyol Benzylamide Diacetate?

Here is a link to some information on Syn-Ake.

http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/SYN-AKE%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
h. kitty, I was assuming these products are comparable because of the statement made by the owner of the company in her newsletter. I copied and pasted it below. If they are not comparable, I'm sorry, I don't want to mislead anyone. I should have used the words similar positioning to describe the products.

"This summer many new products have hit the market with similar positioning. We have included these items below along with ingredient listings so you can make an informed choice. They all are good products, and we invite you to look over this information and experience the Elysee difference!"

h. kitty, thank you for the information. You know your stuff. I'm just starting to research ingredients, products and it can be overwhelming. Thanks for the link on Syn-Ake. I'll check it out.
Have a good day. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have been using this cream for a few months now and really like it. This and Cellex-C age-less I find are giving me really good results.
I tried other products by Voss (the manufacturer), and was NOT impressed, so I was skeptical about the Amatokin. Smile
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
The same question about Amatokin was asked on the YTF Spectacular Skin Forum. At that time I did a little research to find out what it was and what I found concerned me. Here's the answer that I wrote on that forum...

There are two things that worry me about the sincerity of this product. First of all, the "advertisements" that I read all speak of a "stem cell face cream". They keep talking about the power of "stem cells" in this cream. But, there are NO stem cells in this cream. What is actually being done (read in the fine print) is the "polypeptide 153" (supposed "secret ingredient") is stimulating your skin's own ability to replenish stem cells. Is this true?? I don't know. I do know that you are not allowed to use ANY ingredient that alters any bodily function. Creating stem cells might fit under the definition of a bodily function. If that's true, then this should be a prescription drug. If it can't do that, then does it even work??

Next, I started to look up the "secret ingredient" polypeptide 153 which is supposedly made north of St. Petersburg Russian under armed guard in a barb-wire protected facility (What?? Are you kidding me??). I could not find "polypeptide 153" in any of my INCI dictionaries or in any CTFA source. If I can't find it in those sources, formulators technically cannot use it. Even an internet search on this material gave me no additional information other than the same advertisement blurbs I've described above.

At $173.00 for a one month supply, I would be VERY, VERY suspicious of this product.....

Until I see more in the way of an INCI name, listing in the dictionaries, and perhaps some trial studies published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science, I will remain unconvinced about the product and its claims.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your comments John!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
The ingredient list seems awfully long - over 40 items. Will it be gilty of "angel dusting"?
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info everyone. John - Your input was great - I too am very suspicious of this product especially the Stem Cell hype.

Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
h. kitty, I was assuming these products are comparable because of the statement made by the owner of the company in her newsletter. I copied and pasted it below. If they are not comparable, I'm sorry, I don't want to mislead anyone. I should have used the words similar positioning to describe the products.

"This summer many new products have hit the market with similar positioning. We have included these items below along with ingredient listings so you can make an informed choice. They all are good products, and we invite you to look over this information and experience the Elysee difference!"

h. kitty, thank you for the information. You know your stuff. I'm just starting to research ingredients, products and it can be overwhelming. Thanks for the link on Syn-Ake. I'll check it out.
Have a good day. Smile

I don't think you were being misleading at all. The fact that you thought they were similar based on the Elysee newsletter made me take a closer look and it seems that they are all trying to work the stem cells/cell senescence angle although the ingredients that they use to address this issue are quite different.

The Amatokin uses what they call polypeptide 153 which is supposed to...." 'awaken' the body's own resovior of stem cells to rejuvenate the skin.....

The Peau Magnifique uses telomerase for which the following claims are made...."Activates and differentiates dormant adult stem cells. Is the only product that recruits adult stem cells into brand new skin cells without surgical intervention."

And finally (this I really thank you for because I was not aware of this ingredient and would not have even looked into it had you not posted the ingredients for the Youth Span and Isomers products) Teprenone!

It would appear that this is the active ingredient in Sederma's RENOVAGE (please correct me if I am wrong John!). Here is some information on what RENOVAGE does...."In vitro studies showed several properties of RENOVAGE™ as cutaneous functional and structural recovery, and above all, it avoids premature entry into cell senescence."

Quote taken from the following article on RENOVAGE:

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/news-by-product/productpresentation.asp?id=1069&k=roughness-isotropy-hydration

I also have a link to what I believe is the Sederma patent and will provide it if anyone is interested!

I am not even going to begin to analyze any of these claims here but I can see how they are being "postioned" in a similar way and why their claims are somewhat similar.

John-If you have any further information on RENOVAGE that you wish to share with us please do!!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
h.kitty, thank you for the additional information. I learn something new here everyday. Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this stuff from the same ppl who brought us Stri-Vectin????? What a lot of hooey!!!

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well I just read in BodyPhilosophy.net that Courteney Cox, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Elton John all use Amatokin. Let's see if it works on them before using it? They can afford to waste or not waste their money anyway. LOL.
lucieloulou

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have used most of my bottle in about a month and 1/2, and it really hasn't done anything at all. I have some fine lines, but not many, so I thought I would be in Luck repairing a little damage since the product claims to do so much. I find I have the best looking skin when I put my omega 3 flax oil in some juice and drink that once a day. Oh well.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:23 am      Reply with quote
ACrystal wrote:
Well I just read in BodyPhilosophy.net that Courteney Cox, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Elton John all use Amatokin. Let's see if it works on them before using it? They can afford to waste or not waste their money anyway. LOL.

Mmm, I am a bit sceptical to claims that certain celebs use product A or B. I think it is a lot of commercial talk, and I am pretty sure that the celebs change their skincare quite oftenly as well (as we do?). I thought Courtney Cox was the face of Kinerase...
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:25 am      Reply with quote
On the other hand, this product makes me very curious.
However, I have read some negative news as well from products that suppose to stimulate the production of skincells. I would not like to risk cancer in order to look pretty. I think I will wait for the research to come in (for a couple of years).
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
A topical treatment that is supposed to make adult skin cells into stem cells??? Anyone who created such a product would get the Nobel Prize for medicine! As it is, there apparently is absolutely nothing in the scientific literature that I could find that suggests that this miraculous breakthrough has been made.

Be smart consumers. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |