Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone know a good sunscreen with high amount of zinc oxide?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anom
5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in anyone's opinion.... I have researched sunscreens with the most amount of zinc oxide in them as this is what really blocks out the sun. The best 3 that I came up with were:
* Dr LeWinn's (19% zinc oxide)
* Megan Gales Invisible Zinc (18% zinc oxide)
* Sun Cancer Council(?) not sure of the exact name (30mg/g zinc oxide)

I haven't tried Megan Gales sunscreen but have tried the other two but found them really greasy. Does anyone know of any other sunscreen with a high amount of zinc oxide but is not greasy? Thanking you in advance. Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know the answer to this too! Laughing I was really interested in Badger Balm or UV Natural until I found shea butter and cocoa butter in the ingredient list. While those ingredients are very good for dry skin, it's completely unsuitable for oily skin.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
The other day I saw one with 25% zinc oxide but didn't save the link.

When I searched again today, this is the best I could find with 20% zinc:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34234&itemType=PRODUCT&searchid=inceptor
anom
5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bkkgirl. I clicked on the link you supplied and had a read of the ingredients and it looks good.

Do you know why the SPF is only 15, I don't really know much about the science behind it but I would have thought a product with such a high amount of zinc oxide would have a higher amount of SPF. I don't know if the zinc oxide outweighs the SPF??
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Some other brands that contain high % (above 10%) of zinc:

Shishedo suncare
Mychell

There are a few threads here had reviews on either brand, if you are interested.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
MyChelle is acceptable for oily skin. I have oily/combination skin and live near the Equator and I can use MyChelle sunscreen. It's not one of those super-heavy ones.
Gemstar
5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I find Megan Gale Invisible Zinc to be greasy too for my combination skin (not as bad as Dr. LeWinn though), the Kids formulation seems to be better. Have to say out of all the sunscreens that I've tried the MG ones seem to be me the best protection.
anom
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Gemstar, I will be buying the kids formula in the Megan Gale brand.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered DHC Moist Color Base in Beige-- it's spf 30+ and has a concentration of 20% zinc oxide, titanium dioxide 12%. It's supposed to come today; I'll have to report back on how I like it!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been using 302 skincare for over 2 years now. Excellent products. They have a new sunscreen line with a 30 SPF and 20% zinc. I haven't been able to locate it yet in an online store, but it may be available in spas in California. The ingredient list sounds good to me, but like I said, I have not tried it.

http://www.302skincare.com/products_spf30.html
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Epicuren Discovery's has a large % of zinc oxide.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Osmosis has a sunscreen called Shelter which has 18% Micronised Zinc. It is a really nice sunscreen and is very suitable for oily skin. I have been a major fan of the Remergent sunscreens but the Osmosis sunscreen is so nice to use, I love the ingredients and it is very effective.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
i also use the mychelle sunscreen and love it.

it's super gentle, non-stinging to the eyes, give a matte look, and light.

it contain 11.6% zinc, and .67% Titanium Dioxide. this does not leave a white cast and is fragrance free. i ordered two more from amazon and can see myself using this for a long time because again, it's very gentle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Cellosmet I think its called has one. EDS sells it and there is a SPF 32.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Osmosis has a sunscreen called Shelter which has 18% Micronised Zinc. It is a really nice sunscreen and is very suitable for oily skin. I have been a major fan of the Remergent sunscreens but the Osmosis sunscreen is so nice to use, I love the ingredients and it is very effective.

Bushy-

Do you have a link to this SS? Thanks!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
bushy wrote:

Bushy-

Yes, the info is at:
http://www.osmosisskincare.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
vonstella wrote:
bushy wrote:

Bushy-

Yes, the info is at:
http://www.osmosisskincare.com/

Thanks Bushy, even though I have 2 to currently try I'll have to bookmark this and try it out too...

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
beanelia

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals is good as well.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Marie Veronique's creme de jour

http://www.m-vskintherapy.com/organic_skin_products.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Is zinc oxide a better ingredient than titanium oxide?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Time for my standard HG plug: Devita Solar Protection Creme 30! Only 14% micronized zinc oxide, but it's totally transparent and has a wonderfully light, non-greasy texture, unlike any other physical SS I've tried.

Melody, I think most research shows that zinc is a better blocker for the UVA end of the spectrum than titanium. Also, titanium dioxide tends to leave a white cast, whereas it's not impossible to find transparent zinc oxide, so it usually produces a more cosmetically elegant formula. Hope this helps!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
honeyface

Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

could you tell me how much the Osmosis shelter is please? I can't see any prices listed.

Thank you!!

Honey
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
http://www.hydraskincare.com/OsmosisShelter-29Sunblock-Moisturizer-20ml_p_243-381-reviews.html

You can google for more results.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |