Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Female Entrepreneurs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just read an article in More Magazine about female entrepreneurs. Apparently, women-owned companies are growing at twice the rate of all firms in the US. This is something I've always wanted to do, but I would need to have a good idea first (slight problem). I was thinking about all of the knowledge about skin care, products, making your own products that the women on here have. Do any of you use this for work or have you ever thought of turning all of your knowledge into something profitable?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SnowWhite, this is something I always want to do too but it does take a lot of confidence and encourage to make the first step. I do know a lot about certain skin care and such but when it comes to putting it altogether into a business, it seems quite far fetched Sad I guess if u have the motivation and patience to start your own business, I'll for sure 100% support u emotionally of course haha Laughing and not to mention that u have to be financially stable to start a business too.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
If any of you have followed the Favorite Products sold by EDS in the Product Reviews section, it may interest you to know that PSF got its start making skincare products in the kitchen. Now they're all grown up and have real labs and everything! Not owned by a woman, but PSF is a great example of someone who took skincare knowledge and turned it into a business. There are other examples of women who've started home-based skincare companies, but I can't really offer more detail since any discussion of home based skincare business isn't allowed on EDS forum. [it caused a great deal of tension and bunfights between competing companies]

Eventually I'll probably start my own retail consulting business but I'll have to find a partner to deal with the administrative end. I have no patience for interacting with bureaucrats and their endless forms and red tape!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Good topic! Just today I made an appointment with my local SCORE office to discuss small business ideas.

SCORE stands for (or used to according to Wikipedia) Service Corps of Retired Executives and is affiliated with the U.S. Small Business Administration.

It's kind of great because you can check on-line for your local chapter and set up an appointment at one of their offices to meet with any number of experienced business people who are willing to share their expertise. There is no fee for this service. I'm hopeful that if I go prepared with questions they will be able to provide some direction. Unfortunately, I have zero experience with independent business ownership, yet am so interested in pursuing this. (If anyone has had experience with the SBA or SCORE I'd be interested in your opinions.)

There's also an organization called the Association of Women's Business Centers and individual states often have offices related to helping small businesses.

Of course, local colleges have classes, too. Hmm, just found that a local law school offers pro bono legal advice for small businesses. They mention woman-owned small businesses, in particular. Seems there is quite a bit of help available. Good for us! Laughing

Best of luck, gals! I wish you all much success!
mooon
5% products discount

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm not alone as I always wanna have my own business. My husband said its becoz I'm blood O type, which seem more aggressive compared to his blood A type. Anyway, I wanna have a tea shop, where I can serve good tea and sweets!! But the problem is I don't drink coffee at all.... Confused There is no way a tea house serves no coffee Sad So I probably think of other businesses that I can get involvement!!! I'm still thinking and thinking....
Liv Luvs LS
5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever considered a career in Direct Sales? There are more than 14 million direct sellers in the US. Women are finding starting a home based business allows them the flexiblity to earn extra money that meets their own unique lifestlyes. Wheter you are looking for part time or a career change direct sales could be your answer. finding the right product & opportunity for you is important so be sure to do alot of research. It is important to find a company that is a member of the DSA-The Direct Selling Association. This site is a great resource for evaluating Direct Sales companies

I started in direct sales with Lia Sophia Jewelry almost 2 years ago part time to supplement my full time income. I have since left my full time job and I am pursuing my direct sales business full time. I love being the boss! This was the best career choice for me and my family.

Good luck!
girlygirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I actually started out stirring up skin care in my kitchen 25 years ago and little by little it has turned into a pretty good business for me. I moved the biz out of my home two years ago and love it even more. I highly recommend moving your biz out of your home if at all possible. It is so much more rewarding...not to mention how large your home will get Very Happy

I just recently found this forum and I get great inspiration from everyone here. Every so often I have to find something to inspire me to keep me from getting bored. This forum is a great place for that! Very Happy
rgw0125w
5% products discount

Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I agree, home based ,direct selling offers many benefits, choices and TONS of tax benefits.

I thought alot about selling my DIY products, but after investigating insurance, liabilities, employees (down the road) I decided to search for something that would create a passive income for the future.

I love to travel, so I started a Internet travel business, I have a website where anyone can go make their own reservations, it runs 24/7/365. And I make the commissions. Therefore, I make money when I am sleeping. I can run my business from anywhere in the world, so I get to do alot of personal travel. Plus I get all the perks and benefits of upgrades to my personal travel of which is a fraction of the cost compared to the average traveler.

The most important is to find something you really, really love and you believe there is a large group of people who would want your product as well.

Make sure it is a quality product and that you have superior customer service. There are soooo many opportunities available here. Keep searching, find something you love with a passion and go for it. Cool
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |