Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those of you who use Osea...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard it mentioned that Osea is an "active" line. I just wondered what ingredients make it active and how is it active? Does it exfoliate?
Thanks,
Ali

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ali, if you go to the EDS storefront, click on "Osea" and then "Osea on our Forum" at the top right, all the relevant Osea threads are conveniently grouped and listed there (it looks like maybe a dozen threads?). The one called "Review: Osea Ocean Cleanser" in particular, has quite a lot of info on the line (it's quite a long thread!) and some of the individual products... HTH. Smile
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Havana8... I don't know why I didn't think of that! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
alilicious,

i think i'm the person who makes the claim that osea is very 'active.'
rather than have you search endlessly through threads, i'll tell you why i think it is more active than most other lines:

--to my mind, osea formulates each product around the maximization of the active ingredients, not according to a base formula, like many product lines who farm out their production to larger wholesale cosmetic companies. thus, no parabens, the least amount of surfectants, emulsifiers, etc, and a formula that really feels more active and different on the skin. the bases of some of their products are algae, which is itself a nutrient for the skin, rather than water or mineral oil, for example.
--check out the thread on ocean cleansing mud. whereas many companies will list essential oils on their ingredient lists, they do not put that much in their product; osea's products are very concentrated with EOs and you can feel them on the skin--a distinct tingling from massaging the mud into the skin.
also, the advanced protection cream is literally chock full of firming, toning actives--it has a huge amount of DPHP, the blurb about it is on their website--it is a supposedly a great anti-aging ingredient. it seems to have kept my skin rather youthful looking for the last 7 years, so I'm a believer.
But also, when i say 'active,' i also mean that it's important to do tests with the products on your skin and take care when mixing with other products, such as vit c, retin a, etc. i have had a few minor reactions mixing products--now i just respect wait times.
i do think that osea really just wanted to change the way skincare products were made, and they tried to concentrate the best actives in their formulations rather than merely 'adding' actives to base commercial formulations.
i hope i am making sense!

i adore their products and was there for their launch at the boutique in LA that consecrated their reputation. That was in 1996, I believe!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh avalange... thank you so much for taking the time to write that detailed reply. I really appreciate your explanation as I consider you something of an Osea expert.
I am really looking for just a simple line made with high-quality, natural ingredients. My skin is pretty dry and definitely sensitive. I cannot tolerate any type of acids or exfoliation at this point or my skin will become red and angry. I have tried the Atmosphere Protection Cream and it seemed to be too light for me. I was thinking of the Cleansing Milk and the Advanced Cream... do you think this would be the best choice?
I used to work for Saks and we sold this line there and I never tried it, but now you can't find Osea anywhere it seems.
Thanks again for your help,
Ali

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
alilicious,

rather than have you search endlessly through threads, i'll tell you why i think it is more active than most other lines:

--to my mind, osea formulates each product around the maximization of the active ingredients, not according to a base formula, like many product lines who farm out their production to larger wholesale cosmetic companies. thus, no parabens, the least amount of surfectants, emulsifiers, etc, and a formula that really feels more active and different on the skin. the bases of some of their products are algae, which is itself a nutrient for the skin, rather than water or mineral oil, for example.
--check out the thread on ocean cleansing mud. whereas many companies will list essential oils on their ingredient lists, they do not put that much in their product; osea's products are very concentrated with EOs and you can feel them on the skin--a distinct tingling from massaging the mud into the skin.
also, the advanced protection cream is literally chock full of firming, toning actives--it has a huge amount of DPHP, the blurb about it is on their website--it is a supposedly a great anti-aging ingredient. it seems to have kept my skin rather youthful looking for the last 7 years, so I'm a believer.
But also, when i say 'active,' i also mean that it's important to do tests with the products on your skin and take care when mixing with other products, such as vit c, retin a, etc. i have had a few minor reactions mixing products--now i just respect wait times.
i do think that osea really just wanted to change the way skincare products were made, and they tried to concentrate the best actives in their formulations rather than merely 'adding' actives to base commercial formulations.

i adore their products and was there for their launch at the boutique in LA that consecrated their reputation. That was in 1996, I believe!

--avalange

well explained! thanks.
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like Osea has lots of fans with dry/normal skin but what about a combination/27 year old skin that wants to prevent first signs of aging?
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
avalange, I hope you see this!! I was wondering if Osea was suited to mid 20s people with combination/oily skin who want to prevent ageing and take care of first signs of aging...

avalange wrote:
alilicious,

--avalange
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Not avalange, but i have oily/combo skin and the Osea Advanced Protection and Atmosphere creams both work well for me. Neither cream seems to be overly moisturizing for me, as i use some squalane oil on top.

hth

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |