Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi Journey ( quest for a beautiful skin ) !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lazysusan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I ve just started with the nuderm system ..its been 2 days ..my skin has already turned brown ..looks lil tanned n red ..anyway, il keep everybody posted.
lazysusan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
2 quick questions...my skin is burning slightly (its normal rt !!)
n secondly ..do u ladies wear sunfader n sunscreen even indoors ??
thanks Smile
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's exciting starting Obagi. I'm on day 56 now and my skin is looking great. Keep going!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this is exciting! I am at 11 1/2 weeks and I am very pleased so far.

lazysusan - it is normal to burn slightly, only slightly as you skin gets accustomed to this. I put my sunscreen on after my morning products and wear it until I wash my face in the evening, even adding more sunscreen if I am going to be out in the sun for more time.
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Planning on starting Obagi next week (waiting on retin-a).
Nervous and excited at the same time Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Don't be nervous cowgirlzz. It really is not as bad as you imagine!

I am still flaking, even at 11 1/2 weeks, especially my mouth area and chin, but really all over. My nurse says amount of damage equals length of time flaking/peeling. I must have some severe damage! I figure my flaking will go on until I go on maintenance. My face looks red, just like I was out in the sun for too long (which I never am anymore!) I will post pictures here in about 1 1/2 weeks to show beginning and then at end of 12 weeks (or end of 2nd cycle)
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
i hv the experience also,if u really want to do peeling, u hv to stay with it.don't stop for halfway.a lot they will stop because of the flaking, redness, swelling,itchiness, a sligh burning sensation.if u can go thru all this reaction, ur skin will be nice.expecially for freckles skin, is really easy to treat for peeling.pimples skin will take about 4months to treat.after the treatment please apply sunscream, is very important.if ur skin is too red and uncomfortable, u can stop the treatment for 1-3days, then start again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
You will look great very soon!
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl!
Going by your nurse's advice, I should peel for 8 1/2 years! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Oh, no Cowgirlzz, you can't be worse than me and I don't think I will last that long! Laughing Good luck and please keep all of us posted on how it is going!
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
LOL, I'm an aged cowgirl who spent far too much time out riding the range w/o sunscreen Embarassed
Will keep you posted!
lazysusan
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
ladies do u use any kind of makeup with it ? i ve some redness that i want to conceal ..i use trucco skintone foundation w/spf 15 ..wondering if its still ok to use it
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lazysusan, you are fine to wear make-up just make sure you were a better sunscreen beneath the make-up. HTH!
lazysusan
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl !!!
this is my 2nd day n im already peeling (dunno if its a good thg or a bad one)
n the makeup is making it look worse !!
i ve a party to attend on sat i was wondering should i just brave it or cut down on the obagi system for 2-3 days
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lazysusan, that is completely up to you. I think a lot of people back off for a few days before they have an "event" they want to go to - so they don't scare anyone! Laughing

I am majorly flaking today and am laughing thinking about my hair appointment with a new person on Friday. They will probably wonder what is wrong with me, but I am not backing off now. I am almost on the 3rd cycle of this (the home stretch!)
lazysusan
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
wow ..lol !!
yeh i guess il just cut it down ...today i hd gone out for shopping ... i caught my image in the mirror n completely freaked out ( yeh i lked that bad Sad ) n its just the beginning.still ve 17 wks 5 days left
the obagi sunscreen leaves a whitish cast on me ..does it happen with nyone else n what do u do for it ?
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Not only Obagi's, other sunscreen products might leave a white layer on the skin. That's normal!
lazysusan
5% products discount

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
help n a little encouragement required ladies!!
today , i had gone to a spa/salon to get my hair done ..the girl doing my hair wanted to knw wat was wrong with my skin coz it looked raw i told her abt the obagi system ..she was amazed at the num of prods i was using...she wanted me to speak to the esthetician who was unaware of the obagi system ..she told me all these chemicals etc r gonna make my skin worse ..now im really worried Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am sending you a PM, Lazysusan.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
lazysusan wrote:
help n a little encouragement required ladies!!
today , i had gone to a spa/salon to get my hair done ..the girl doing my hair wanted to knw wat was wrong with my skin coz it looked raw i told her abt the obagi system ..she was amazed at the num of prods i was using...she wanted me to speak to the esthetician who was unaware of the obagi system ..she told me all these chemicals etc r gonna make my skin worse ..now im really worried Sad

Hi Lazysue,
I can't believe the esthetician have never heard of it??? Where has she been? I mean I have never used the OBAGI system but I'm aware of the products. I wouldn't place too much trust in her words.
There are several EDS members that had raved about the system so I'm sure they will pipe in and reassure you its all okay. I too went through a period where I was using several products on my face and my skin now looks great so don't worry. Dips
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did want to say that if your skin is truly raw, you need to back off for a few days and when you start back up use 1/2 gram of the clear and blender and retin a and try using the actives every other day/night. You have to listen to your skin, so to speak. Some people need to go at a slower, less aggressive pace. It is an individual thing.

Also, there was some talk about people who were having a hard time using a baby diaper ointment, but I don't know about that. You can check out the "makemeheal" forums, I think I read that on that site.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I used to use obagi and from what i remember the first 3 weeks or 2 was horrible but after the skin peeled off it was really worth it.
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, are you also using the system on your neck and upper chest area?
I have horrible melasma/acne scarring in these areas.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I am not using it there yet, cowgirlzz. My nurse sent a paper home with me about the product usage there. Start with 2 days a week with just the clear in the a.m. and the clear, blender/retin A in the p.m. Do not use your Exfoderm on your neck as it is only recommended for your face. Anyway, the list stated you can use it on your neck, chest, arms, and hands. HTH!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to all nuderm users. I just wanted to post to say....ONE WEEK LEFT FOR ME!!!!!!

YEAAA!!! I dunno why I'm so happy that I only have one week left and I would be done my 18 week treatment. It's been an interesting, scary, resentful journey at times but in the end I'm pretty satisfied with how my skin turned out.

It didn't seem like there was any major changes for me at first, but now when I look in the mirror, the freckles I had really have faded, I have clearer skin, better tone, very little redness anymore, less pimples/acne and my skin is just normal now and less dry like it used to be. I still have one acne scar on my chin but that one was relatively new that I didn't handle well and I know it's going to heal well even though I only have 1 week left.

I have so much product left (even thought I only bought the travel size) I'm going to keep using it as maintenance until I'm all out.

I'd like to encourage everyone who has started to stick with it for the first 10 weeks without using other products and eventually adding some other products to the mix (like vit c serum) to boost the effects during the "in with the new" phase.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |