Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Philosophy Microdelivery Peel -- face red/burning sensation.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used Philosophy microdelivery peel (my face had a lot of exfoliation) 2 nights ago. It turned my face red and I have this burning sensation (though no scab/no peeling/etc). I had the burning sensation and tight face for half a day. Now my face is still pink (though less red than initially). Do you know what this could be? Did I have a chemical burn? Although there's no scab/peeling, my skin still looks pinkish. Did I get burn? How long before it will go away? What can I do at the moment besides applying calendula cream, Hyaluronic Acid (AH), fresh aloe plant gel? I also applied polysporin yesterday. Are these products ok? I hope it's not permanent. Gosh, why do I keep making dumb mistakes over and over again...Please help.

P.S. I also have dr. Burt's Bees herbal defense cream (diaper rash basically) should I apply it? Will it be too drying? I'm not sure, but it says ok to apply to minor burn on it. I also have aquaphor, which I'm not sure if I needed to. I'm also taking vit C, zinc, and arnica, aspirins, benadryl. I'm very concerned that it will be permanent so I'm using all kind of preventions. Did anyone have this experience please share how long it takes you to heal, what did you do to help it, and any advices. Sorry for the long post.
CDB

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm really sorry that you had such a bad reaction to the microdelivery peel. I use this product and I find the gains can be quite rough; if you have thin skin, broken capillaries this is not the product for you.

You need to return the product and tell them of the reaction you have, they should return your money.

Whenever I have a flare up I use SOS cream by Elemis, it is very soothing.

Hope this helped.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chesterfield,
From what you have said it sounds like your skin has become very inflammed and you possibly have a slight touch of hyperpigmentation. You are doing all the right things - calendula cream, HA and Aloe plant gel sound great. Two other products I can suggest is emu oil and manuka honey. Both great to soothe the skin down.
I think you are going to have to calm the inflammation from within as well - are you taking MSM? I would start. Don't worry as it will fade and it sounds more like inflammation than a full on chemical burn.
This has happened to me serveral times when I have done my TCA peels. My skin has become inflamed and then it has hyperpigmented BUT it has always faded.
How is your skin looking now?
Dips
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone. I was so worried that it became permanent, but nope, I'm now completely healed. I'm shocked. It took 3.5 days total. I applied everything on earth (fresh aloe, calendula, polysporin, raw honey, aquaphor, mineral water, etc.) I also took opti zinc, msm, vit C, vit D, biotin, aspirin, arnica pellets, tylenol, primrose oil, and others in the past 3.5 days. This NEVER happened to me before, so I was panicked and started doing every prevention I know (which probably was a bad idea, in restrospect). Thank goodness, I'm now healed, and the skin there looked really good actually. BUT no I will NEVER put myself through this again. I was scared out of my mind. I even considered seeing a dermatologist. I realized now that I was OVER EXFOLIATED and my skin shed a lot hence the new skin underneath came out (tender/pink/burning sensation). I didn't even realize what it was and I made it worse by even putting more AHA cleanser to clean it off and more exfoliating actives on top of it. I just thought hey dead skin and got get rid of it, right? Now I understand what people mean by skin peeling, shedding, and young/pink skin came out from underneath. Well, I have so much respect for those who have the courage to go through that (obagi, tca peel,etc) ...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |