Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Is there such a thing as an all-in-one serum? Any recs?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I keep reading about all these actives that I want to try, and since I think I'm a bit behind on the skincare curve I want to learn, but I don't want to use seventeen different products. (I'm 26 and most of my initial learning was about younger skin issues, and now I'm more focused on fine lines and sun damage than acne and oil control.)

I like the idea of copper peptides, Vitamin C serums (though the only one I've tried gave me weird little whiteheads so I stopped), hylauronic acid, and other antioxidants. But I don't want to buy THREE different serums when I'm not even really sure of how my skin will react to any given component.

Does anyone know if there are any (natural) serums out there that combine benefits of two or more of the "hot" actives? It makes sense that not all of them would necessarily be compatible together (I think maybe one time I read that vitamin C and copper peptides aren't compatible?), but I figure it can't hurt to see if any of you EDS folks have recommendations. Oh, and on top of all these other requirements, I'm not totally done dealing with "teen skin" issues as I still break out and have congested pores, so it'd be great if it were something that's not comedogenic.

Also, while we're at it, I'd like a pony, a pet leprechaun, and a Jaguar, please. Smile

Seriously, though, I'd love some guidance! Even though I fight with my skin about acne, I think we need to compromise and look at the road ahead, and prevent some of those fine lines that I see creeping around my forehead and eyes. Don't want them to get too comfortable.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,

Sorry, I can't help you out with the pony, leprichaun or jaguar,

but I think you would be happy with Copper Peptide Serum. You're right, Vit. C serum should not be applied at the same time as CP serum. If you don't want use a Vit.C serum, you could take 1000mg of Vitamin C daily. I've been using CP serum for almost a year now, and graduated to Super CPserum a few months ago. I top off the CPserum with squalene or emu oil, and that's it.

I also just love Janson Beckett products which I use in the Am, in particular the AlphaDerma CE.

Sorry, but I just can't think of anything else to suggest.
BTW, since using these products, I no longer suffer from breakouts, not even hormonal and my skin tone has really improved.
HTH
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I would have really started caring about skincare when I was in my 20's! My focus was clothing and makeup. Very Happy

Now that I'm in 40's I'm so grateful for the oily skin that was the bane of my adolescence. When I look at others in my age group with dry skin, I have much less lines to worry about and none of those awful lines that run from nose to corner of the mouth.

Be blessed you're starting early ginnie!

I'd definitely consider EpidermxII to exfoliate and help encourage cell turnover. You may not need to use it on a daily basis. I'd also recommend vit. C serums. Get samples before you plunge for the full size. While I haven't noticed any dramatic results from Vit. C, I figure all the antioxidant action is helping to prevent free-radical damage.

Of course, you want the sunblock but I know you're already on that....

A light moisturizer may be beneficial as well; camellia oil or olive based squalane may be a good place to start and are unlikely to irritate, although there's always exceptions to that. Personally, I found squalane to be too rich for facial use, but I use it on my neck and eyes, let it penetrate for a minute, then apply camellia oil all over face, eyes and neck morning and evening.

I don't know anything about CPs but I'm sure others who do will chime in.

Best,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh yea, I wanna second JB Alphaderma!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 - Yes, EpidermxII, how could I
forget!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa, that JB AlphaDerma is EXPENSIVE! And sadly, the sunscreen ingredient in it is one that I'm sensitive to (octyl methoxycinnamate) so I think that's off the table - but I'll look for others that have the same actives. Sigh, I think the anti-aging market is just not a cheap one, and I'm going to have to get used to paying much more for skincare products - but then, with every year I grow older and every dollar more on my paycheck, my willingness to pay more for high-quality stuff goes up proportionally. I never used to be able to understand how stars spent so much on fancy-schmancy stuff, but I kind of get it more and more.

Anywho, thank you guys for chiming in! What do either of you (or anyone else, for that matter) think about the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum? I like the look of that stuff a lot.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I kinda cheated on the AlphadermaCE - I liked the ingredients and the reviews. I liked that it contains C-ester, hexapeptides and alphalipoic acid. I bought the high performance anti-aging system here on EDS with my discount. When I saw lines on my forehead and neck get shallower, I bought the 4 oz. bottles on EBay! Smile

When trying something new, I'll always purchase it from Sephora or someplace that'll give me money back if it doesn't work for me. Then I look for other places like ebay to continue purchases.

I've considered DIY vit. C serums, but since a 1 oz. bottle lasts me so long [so far 3 months, 1/4 left] I figure for real actives I'll leave that to peeeps who know what they're doing Laughing

Of course,that is subject to change without notice...

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, so EDS does have the AlphadermaCE? I didn't see Janson Beckett in the vendor list... aha, but they DO list it as just "AlphaDerma". Thanks for making me figure that out! Very Happy

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ginnie! One nice all-in-one to consider is Naturderm's Chrysalyx, which you can buy right here at EDS. It contains rejuvenating peptides, ester-C, pomegranate, lavender, and all kinds of other good stuff. It's great for acne scars, fine lines, etc, and it seems to help my active acne heal more quickly. Almost all natural too, and no nasty silicones to clog your pores, blech!

Another all-in-one would be Ice Element's anti-aging serum. It contains IE's famous antarcticine for anti-aging benefits, and it also contains tea tree oil for anti-acne benefits. I don't use this regularly, but I have a same bottle I've used before and it didn't break me out. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite all in one products is AlphaDerma. However, it all depends what you are looking for. In my case I am trying to keep my face firm as I have mature skin. I use JB (AlphaDerma) products during the day.

Recently I have been using a very light serum over my CP's in the evenings: John Masters Organics Green Tea & Rose Hydrating Face Serum. I know CP destroy the benefits of Vit. C but I really like this light serum. I was impressed to see that it contacts Oat Beta Glucans. The price of this product is wonderful considering all the great ingredients.

Description:
This penetrating serum provides an intense amount of moisture to skin. Green tea extract and liposomes of anti-oxidant vitamins help combination skin. Oat beta glucan stimulates procollagen production and promotes cellular turnover. And super-oxide dismutase fight free radicals allowing skin to replenish itself.

• treats stressed and environmentally damaged skin
• green tea and liposomes help cellular turnover
• penetrates instantly
• free-radical-scavenging superoxide dimutase is a superlative skin rejuvenator
• pro-collagen stimulator

Useage:
• use throughout the day to refresh and nourish the skin
• use at night in place of heavy creams
• good for all skin types
• best for combination skin

• apply to face and neck after cleansing and toning
• massage into skin

Ingredients:
Aqua (purified, deionized water), sea algae extract (wild-crafted), prunus armeniaca (apricot kernel oil), oat beta glucan, squalane (olives), rosa damascena (rose hydrosol),* glycerin, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil),* borago officinalis (borage oil), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),* lecithin, extracts of camelia sinensis (green tea),* rosa centifolia (rosebud)* & urtica dioica (nettle),* plant phospholipids, superoxide dismutase, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera gel), essential oils of rosa damascena (rose)* & tilia cordata (linden blossom),* calophyllum inophyllum (foraha oil), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),* capryloyl glycine, undecylenoyl glycine, ascorbic acid, xanthan, lonicera japonica (japanese honeysuckle) extract

*Certified Organic

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, thank you so much for this recommendation! After reviewing the ingredients of all these suggestions, I wound up going with yours since it had the most natural ingredient list. (Although, does anyone else find it odd that they list shea butter twice? It's like that on the packaging too, FYI.)

I found it at a local natural store for only $20 US, which is a pretty good deal as EDS usually has slightly better prices than other vendors with the exchange rate, and it's $24 on EDS. (I got it at Marlene's Natural Market in Federal Way, for you other Seattle gals.) I splurged and got the hair texturizer that I've been lusting after too! Yum.

Anyway, I really appreciate everyone's recommendations - I'm probably going to ask for a sample of AlphaDerma with my next EDS order just to see if my skin is still reactive to the octyl methoxycinnamate. It just gets such rave reviews from you all that I'm very curious now! But the John Masters is so lovely smelling and feeling, and it seems to have a lot of good stuff! Thanks again. Smile

appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ginnie - I’ve also been using the JM serum for a little while now (just starting on my second bottle). For me, it’s best at night as it seems to leave a bit of a shiny finish which I don’t want during the day. Other than that, I do quite like it. I’m also now interested in this superoxide dismutase ingredient which it contains and I’d never heard of before. Seems like quite an effective antioxidant, from the little I've read.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Interesting - I looked up the Wikipedia page after reading your post, but like all actives I'm not sure how effective it is when applied topically. Still, it sounds interesting, and I like the other ingredients a lot. I used it for the first time last night and it was really nice - quite moisturizing but not at all sticky (I HATE serums with a sticky texture), and it actually seemed to help heal some of my leftover breakouts around my chin - and here I was worried it might break me out even more with some of the more occlusive ingredients. So far so good, though obviously only time will tell!

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |