Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Experiences with Mario Badescu products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been lucky to get to try all these Mario Badescu samples thanks to an awesome S.A. at Nordstrom who said, "Here are the sample drawers, help yourself to whatever you want," (wow she just said the magic words), and thanks to their free sample program at Mario Badescu. I do warn you though it took a month for me to get my samples from them, and I don't believe they send samples internationally. Here's what I've tried thus far. (BTW, I have sensitive combo skin, and I am in my late 20's.)

Healing Cream: by far the BEST product in their line IMO, and my holy grail product that cleared up eczema and a skin irritation I had in a few days. Noticed a huge difference after 1 application, and the next day I ran out and bought the big jar. I am on my 2nd now and still love this!! It also got rave reviews on MUA

seaweed night cream: a very popular cream from MB line, but I found it to be too rich, thick, and doesn't spread so easily or absorb well. It sat on the surface of my skin. It's pearly green and would be good for drier skins.

cleansing milk w/ carnation and rice oil: yuck, my face actually felt greasy and unclean after this. It's a tissue off cleanser that leaves a film. Again, this would be better for drier skins. I ended up washing my face with another cleanser to rid myself of the greasy film.

sillver powder: I really like this, it's a masque that it a white powder, and you dip a cotton ball in water in to the powder and spread it on your skin. great as a spot treatment. It's really difficult to remove though; you have to remove it with toner. It won't come off with just H2O.

seaweed cleansing lotion: This is a green alcohol-free toner, that is very nice and very gentle. I never use toner, but I bought the full size of this just so I could remove the silver powder properly. I find myself using it more though than i thought.

Cucumber cleansing lotion: this is a very nice toner too, and I'm looking at the empty sample bottle, and it actually has a real piece of cucumber in it!! How COOL. I didn't even notice that before! As I am a sucker for natural products, now I probably will buy this next when the seaweed toner runs out! Embarassed

Enzyme cleansing gel: Another favorite product of the masses. I personally found it to be highly fragranced, and it felt like I was washing my face with shampoo. Not for me.

Seaweed cleansing soap: My face did not feel clean after this. And it wasn't. the cotton ball soaked in seaweed toner revealed a lot of dirt and makeup grime. EW! And again the consistency is thick and reminds me of shampoo.

Collagen moisturizer SPF 15: this is GREAT. Very light and very nice. It's white and simple with no fragrance that I could smell. Would consider repurchasing.

Hyaluronic moisturizer SPF15: it was difficult to choose between this and the Collagen moisturizer SPF 15. But i ended up buying the Hyaluronic moisturizer SPF15 because it reminded me of the healing cream except it's lighter and has a lotion consistency. It's a pale yellow color and is richer than the collagen one.

Aloe moisturizer SPF 15: this is oil-free and would be perfect as a summer moisturizer for all, or a year-round for oily or combo types. This sunk right into my skin, and had no greasiness. But personally I don't care for oil free. I like a little bit of moisture.

Fruit & vitamin A&D hand cream: nothing special and didn't care for the smell--kinda fruity.

Kiwi and Strawberry face scrubs: Did not care for either of these as an exfoliator. It reminds me of an artificially colored scrub with natural seeds that are not plentiful enough to do the job.

Walnut body lotion: I like the way this smells, but it takes a long while to absorb and is greasy.

Hyaluronic eye cream: I'm using it at night because it's very rich, and this sample is lasting me forever! It didn't get the greatest reviews on MUA, but I really like it. Probably wouldn't repurchase though till winter, it's a bit heavy for summertime.

There's a few more samples that i have yet to try... but overall this is a great natural line and I can see why it has a huge celebrity cult following. And the prices are quite modest considering all that. If you have any MB raves,rants, or recommendations i would love to hear them.

Wink
Mabsy

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Well, so far I have only tried the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I wanted to try this for a while because of the good reviews it gets but could not get my hands on this in Australia. Enter Thoughtcrime, a generous SA at Nordstrom, and USPS, and I finally got to try this (thanks Thoughtcrime Wink).

I must say that I am quite disappointed with it and was expecting much more based on the reviews. While this stuff looks really pretty (a light green pearlescent gel), it really stings my eyes when it gets anywhere near them. It is also quite stongly fragranced, as Thoughtcrime said, and while this doesn't other me much it might be a tad too much for some. Also, this cleansing gel is a bit weird in that it doesn't foam - AT ALL! Apart from that though it IS a good cleanser - but not one I'd purchase.

I also have a sample of the MB healing cream (thanks again Wink) but I have not tried this yet. I'm waiting for something to use it on so I can see how effective it is.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, a suggestion if I may... Try the healing cream after waxing, it is very soothing and will alleviate redness and irritation.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'll try this when I get around to waxing again. That should really be about three weeks ago but I just haven't been bothered Rolling Eyes

I did use this on Sunday after cleaning up the house. I've got dust allergies so whenever I start seriously cleaning up without gloves I get tiny little red bumps on the tips of my fingers (some of the bumps end up filling up with water - or that's what it looks like). I started getting this on Sunday night, used a bit of the cream overnight and woke up without the bumps. Hard to say if it would have gone away by itself, but either way I'm happy Very Happy

I'll give it a go after waxing though!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you found a use for it! Razz
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I got a whole system of samples after going on their website about 2 months ago at least. They turned up this week, loads of them. flower tonic mask smells nice and the eyecream is rather cool. I agree with Mabsy about the enzyme gel and the seaweed toner is ok, but the strawberry scrub Speak to the hand
As far as I'm concerned though, anything Cher uses is probably best avoided Bad Grin

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Well you have a good point there with Cher (though one of my friends would refuse to speak to you for saying that - apparently Cher rocks! Laughing ).

I am going to try the Silver Powder though. Gets good reviews and sounds gimmicky/unusual. Sounds like my sort of product! Laughing I also hope to get a sample of the seaweed night cream (based on reviews as well).

Mabsy
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:12 am      Reply with quote
mabsy, please let us know how you like the silver powder. I am very interested in this and want to hear first hand from a pro what it is like. Thanks!!
blg83
Mabsy

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm no pro but I'll let you know Very Happy

Hey that rhymed!!!!
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of Mario Badescu through my cousin, and she receives some samples. Do I just go to their website and request them? Hope they'll send some though...

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:17 am      Reply with quote
If you fill out their survey online you can then tell them your skin type and request some samples.

Mabsy
Missy

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I love these products!! I just filled out the questionaire on the web site and a couple of weeks later I received samples just for my skin type. I LOVE the enzyme cleanser and could not believe the bad reviews I read on here. I also recommend the healing cream to all my friends, despite the odor. I think it smells like sulfur. Anyway, give it a try, I think it was worth it.
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I went to their online site and filled out their questionaire. My cousin says it works on her and she likes it very much. So I'll give it a try...

Smile Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime recommended the healing cream for my daughters ezcema and I have to say it works. She doesn't mind the smell and unlike the prescription stuff is non greasy. Her hands look and feel much better so I will continue to purchase. Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Thoughtcrime recommended the healing cream for my daughters ezcema and I have to say it works. She doesn't mind the smell and unlike the prescription stuff is non greasy. Her hands look and feel much better so I will continue to purchase.

loopylori,
I just saw this post just now, sorry for not commenting. I must have missed it Embarassed Anyway, glad to hear it worked out! I also hear evening primrose oil vitamins are good as well. I'm taking those too. And I remember from a previous discussion where they were supposed to make your boobs bigger, but haven't noticed that yet... Embarassed
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have chronic eczema too and the MB healing cream is very comforting although I suspect mine is too severe for any healing from an over the counter product. My last flare-up has lasted over 5 years. Sad So embarrassing!

I also take evening primrose capsules daily and it has seemed to help with the itching. I can't see that my breasts have become bigger. I hadn't heard that could happen. I hope not anyway, because I had a breast reduction a few years back. Smile

My derm is trying to convince me to have PUVA therapy and I may have to resort to that since mine is so severe. I'm the type that can't phsycologically walk across the street without sunscreen so it will be a worrysome step for me. The part of my body that is the worst and most painful is the bottoms of both my feet. I'm sure people suspect I have athlete's foot. The other places I can live with and control to some point.

Anyway, I got a little off topic here, but just wanted to rave a little about MB healing cream too. It's really good stuff and I will always keep it around.

-Cheri
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Phredd4,
there is a link on EDS on EPO where some members swear it increases chest size.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
Phredd4,

Oh lordie! I'll just stop taking the EPO then, because I went through too much to let the "girls" grow again! Smile Maybe I'll just up my intake of Flax seed oils. Thanks for the info thoughtcrime!

-Cheri
Mabsy

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
Phredd4,

Hasn't done a darn thing for me! Mad Crying or Very sad
Although I must admit that I do not take it as regularly as I should...
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:55 am      Reply with quote
my result exactly the same as Mabsy for the same reason. I keep forgetting to take my pills Rolling Eyes
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Phredd4, here is the link of the discussion we had on EPO and breast size
www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2051&highlight=epo

I've been taking 3000 mg. almost religiously for 3 months (no not for the sole reason of getting boobs!) but i have noticed no difference.

Guapagirl, how long did it take for you to notice these "side effects?"
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
Phredd4, here is the link of the discussion we had on EPO and breast size
www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2051&highlight=epo

I spent some time looking for the thread while I was at work today and never found it. I feel guilty if I dont show productivity at some point during the work day so I regretfully had to quit searching. Sad

Anyway, the thread was hilarious and so full of info. Thanks thoughtcrime!

-Cheri
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Silver Powder. I think that some people think that it is a so so product at best, but it has been a miracle to me. I had terrible reactive skin as a teenager, but I live in a dry hot climate now and have grown up and my skin has settled into a normal dry range for the most part. Except for the large pores and blackheads on my nose and sometimes cheeks. I have had the ones on my nose forever and nothing helped them. Absolutely nothing. But amazingly Silver Powder does. I was astounded! I used it several days in a row when I got it just from the shock, and then my cheeks started getting a bit dry and now I use it a couple times a week or when my nose looks congested with new blackheads and that seems to keep up for the most part.

I would definitely recommend that anyone with a congested nose try the Silver Powder just to see if it works for them. I'm really glad that I did. And it is very resonable priced also, I think. It is a bit difficult to get off, but I find that if I pull out my witch hazel from underneath the cabinet and wet 2 or 3 cotton pads, use those, then rinse my face that it does the trick and removes everything pretty quickly. I have spent more time and money on many other 'cures' than this takes. Nothing cures of course because it is a recurring problem, but for the first time, I am able to keep up.
Mabsy

Sat May 28, 2005 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Well, so far I have only tried the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I wanted to try this for a while because of the good reviews it gets but could not get my hands on this in Australia. Enter Thoughtcrime, a generous SA at Nordstrom, and USPS, and I finally got to try this (thanks Thoughtcrime Wink).

I must say that I am quite disappointed with it and was expecting much more based on the reviews. While this stuff looks really pretty (a light green pearlescent gel), it really stings my eyes when it gets anywhere near them. It is also quite stongly fragranced, as Thoughtcrime said, and while this doesn't other me much it might be a tad too much for some. Also, this cleansing gel is a bit weird in that it doesn't foam - AT ALL! Apart from that though it IS a good cleanser - but not one I'd purchase.

I'd like to update this after recently having tried it again when the generous Carrie sent me a sample. I have to say that my experience with it this time around was much more positive. I still don't like that it stings my eyes but the texture didn't bother me anymore (how things change.... Rolling Eyes ). This time around I had enough to use for over a week (got me through most of San Diego trip) and it really grew on me after a few uses. It is an effective cleanser and it leaves skin comfortable. I actually ended up wanting to buy this (and the seaweed cream, based on MUA reviews) but would you believe that I could not find a single place in SD that stocks Mario Badescu?! Mad That sucks because I'm not prepared to pay their international postage charges so I was hoping to just pick it up in a shop or salon somewhere.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy: Are you still in the San Diego area or are you already home? I looked on the Mario Badescu website and there is a store listed in La Jolla which is sort of a suburb up the coast about 15 miles or so from San Diego. I put in a downtown hotel address in San Diego on Mapquest just to give a rough check to the address listed in La Jolla and it came up 13.57 miles and 19 minutes. Having made that drive many times when I have escaped hot Arizona for San Diego, I think the 19 minutes could be only a nice dream depending on the time of day, but I the mileage should be close. I'll paste the store info and phone number below. If you are still in the area you could give them a call and see if they are still there in La Jolla and have what you want. I have a suspicion that this will be too little too late to help you and that you will have moved on, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Alexander
PERFUMES & COSMETICS
7914 Girard Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |