Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eye cream with sunscreen - need advice please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vvhh
5% products discount

Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I want to find an eye cream with sunscreen, does anybody has any recommendation? I note that both DDF and Murad has one, has anyone tried?

Thanks!
Mabsy

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have both the DDF Protectove and the Murad Essential C one. I *REALLY* like the Murad as do a number of people on this forum. It's a fab SPF eye cream.

I'm sure there are some reviews of both products (I recall reading some and also writing some). Just do a search (upper right hand side) and see what you come up with.

HTH
Mabsy
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just use my regular facial sunscreen over the eyecream, no problem there.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I use La Prairie Smart Eye SPF15 on top of Shiseido Benefiance. Also, I take my vit c serum all they way up and under my eyes and this is supposed to help too.

-Cheri
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
DERMALOGICA Total Eye Care SPF 15, You have to try it, I think it's the best thing, i've been using it for 3 years and still can't get enough of it, your eye looks brighter as soon at you apply it on, the natural pinky color makes your eyes glow. Wink
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I use La Prairie Smart Eye SPF15 on top of Shiseido Benefiance. Also, I take my vit c serum all they way up and under my eyes and this is supposed to help too.

-Cheri

phredd4, How are you liking La prairie, i've heard great things about the line, do you us any other products from them, thanks for your help
Mabsy

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I just recently got a sample of La Prairie's Caviar Luxe Cream (or something like that). I don't know the US$RRP but it sells in Australia for $580 for a 50mL jar. I must say that, while it smelled absolutely lovely, I wasn't a big fan of it at all. It feels like it's packed with silicones - makes your face ultra smooth. Not a bad thing every so often, but not what I want from a night cream (which is what I was planning to use it as).

I have used up the full size of their Caviar Eye Complex (it was ok, nothing too spectacular - at least not in my case) and also their Cellular Hydrating Serum. The hydrating serum was lovely!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
skinprofusion wrote:
DERMALOGICA Total Eye Care SPF 15, You have to try it, I think it's the best thing, i've been using it for 3 years and still can't get enough of it, your eye looks brighter as soon at you apply it on, the natural pinky color makes your eyes glow. Wink

maybe its my skin colour but dermalogica makes my eyes look puffy. and its not that moisturing and dont know whether its the lack of sleep but my eyes kinda sting a little too
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I have only used the Dermalogica one & it irritated my eyes badly! Speak to the hand I know Clinique has an eye cream with SPF but I'm not sure if it's the advanced stop signs or something else Question I have also heard the Murad one is quite good.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use Clarins Wrinkle Control SPF 30 for the Eye Contour. I love it for the sun protection and the fact that it doesn't migrate into my eyes, but I use it on top of an eye wrinkle treatment as I don't think it's anything more than a sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
I just use my regular facial sunscreen over the eyecream, no problem there.

I also do that, but I want to know why shoud sunscreen differ eyes and face.
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Eye Cream SPF 30 is excellent. It uses a physical sunscreen which I much prefer in the eye area - not irritating, it is photostable and give broadspectrum UVA/UVB protection.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
The reason I use a seperate sunscreen is because I have had a difficult time finding one that I can use on both my face and eye area as they all usually end up migrating into my eyes during the day making them sting and water. The reason I'm guessing is because a face/body lotion is designed to be spread out (easily) over a sizable area of skin, therefore it will have a tendency to "migrate" because of it's composition, versus a cream designed for the eye area which is designed to be patted on and then to stay put where it lands (for the most part). If migration wasn't a problem for me, I'd be happy to use only one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
lil_miss_skincare wrote:
The reason I use a seperate sunscreen is because I have had a difficult time finding one that I can use on both my face and eye area as they all usually end up migrating into my eyes during the day making them sting and water. The reason I'm guessing is because a face/body lotion is designed to be spread out (easily) over a sizable area of skin, therefore it will have a tendency to "migrate" because of it's composition, versus a cream designed for the eye area which is designed to be patted on and then to stay put where it lands (for the most part). If migration wasn't a problem for me, I'd be happy to use only one.

Sound reasonable!
I think I should seperate that!
I know kiehl's and clinique have eyecream with spf
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
It's so nice to have the option of an eye cream with sunscreen these days. Smile I remember how thrilled I was when Clinique came out with theirs! Only thing is I haven't found one w/ sunscreen that's also done enough for my fine lines, so I like using a good, heavier eye cream/eye area sunscreen combo best. (I must admit, the Murad one does sound kind of tempting tho'! Razz )

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
lil miss - I just saw an ad about a new eyecream from Shiseido with SPF 32 PA+++.

I haven't tried it though, so I cannot give a personal testimonial. I do like Shiseido's other sunscreen products, though.

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/e/suncare_us/products/protection_target.htm

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh, the new Shiseido eye cream looks interesting, Marla!!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |