Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



microfiber washcloths under a dollar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 414
Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
This is such a bargain and I want to share it with you all.I was at WalMart and looking in the automotive section. I found microfiber towels and then I found wash cloths.There are 2 rolled together with a paper aroung the center.They come in Light Blue,Light Green and Yellow.The tag says MicroTex,75%polyester-25% polyamide.They cost .84cents Shock I have used it this week and it is so soft and yet it cleans very well. I have taken mascara and liner off.
So,if any of you that have a $12.00 microfiber cloth. And you are shopping at Walmart could you pick up one of these and do a comparison and see what you think.Wouldnt it be so lovely to save a little on some items in order to spend more on others.
TIA
Linda
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 257
Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sharing! Smile
diaan46
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 97
Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Shock Confused WHOW, That,s a big different in price.How is that possible !!

Diaan
amami aya
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 217
Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
i pick up microfiber face washclothes at the hyakuen store (kinda like $1 shop), with current conversion thats like 82 cents or something
samuel
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the post! I am one of those fools that have paid $12.00 for the cloth and It would be nice to have several instead of using the same one daily but I could not afford many at that price. I will go to Wal-mart today! I hope it works!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 2962
Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I have several different "levels" of microfiber cloths, and since there is such a big difference in quality I use different kinds for different jobs. The nicest by far of all my cloths is my Alima one, which I believe cost $12. It's very soft, substantial, thick, and fluffy--- very luxurious, and I ONLY use it to clean my face as using it for any cleaning would just be a terrible waste. Next down the ladder are my Method cloths. Method cloths are pretty expensive as far as microfiber cleaning cloths go--- I believe one runs maybe $4 or $5. However, they are definitely the rolls royce of cleaning cloths because they are weighty and substantial, and even after washing they keep their shape and don't shed any of their microfiber "fur." I use these babies for light cleaning---- wiping down the counter top after cleaning the kitchen, etc. At the bottom of the ladder are the automotive cheapies, which I got like 10 for $10 or something like that. These guys are thin and very insubstantial, so when you wash them they tend to lose their shape, curl up, etc, and they also lose significant patches of "fur," so after a few washes they feel a bit rough and patchy. I reserve these guys for my dirtiest jobs--- mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, etc. That's not to say that they wouldn't do a good job on your face as they very well might, I just thought I'd share my experience with the gamut of cloths. HTH!

_________________
27, sensitive/reactive/acne prone skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes, possibly the palest woman alive...
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 414
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I have several different "levels" of microfiber cloths, and since there is such a big difference in quality I use different kinds for different jobs. The nicest by far of all my cloths is my Alima one, which I believe cost $12. It's very soft, substantial, thick, and fluffy--- very luxurious, and I ONLY use it to clean my face as using it for any cleaning would just be a terrible waste. Next down the ladder are my Method cloths. Method cloths are pretty expensive as far as microfiber cleaning cloths go--- I believe one runs maybe $4 or $5. However, they are definitely the rolls royce of cleaning cloths because they are weighty and substantial, and even after washing they keep their shape and don't shed any of their microfiber "fur." I use these babies for light cleaning---- wiping down the counter top after cleaning the kitchen, etc. At the bottom of the ladder are the automotive cheapies, which I got like 10 for $10 or something like that. These guys are thin and very insubstantial, so when you wash them they tend to lose their shape, curl up, etc, and they also lose significant patches of "fur," so after a few washes they feel a bit rough and patchy. I reserve these guys for my dirtiest jobs--- mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, etc. That's not to say that they wouldn't do a good job on your face as they very well might, I just thought I'd share my experience with the gamut of cloths. HTH!

Hi Liz, Wow,you have really explored the microfiber line. I just wanted to share a cheap find. A few months ago I got a kitchen type micro and it was very thin and not effective.
This Walmart washcloth is better, but it sounds inferior to the Alima and the Method brand. Sometimes it seems like the Beauty Industry over charges to the extreme. So if I can save a little money,I am so there. Wink
Thank you and all who have responded.
Linda
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 1454
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
Thanks for the post! I am one of those fools that have paid $12.00 for the cloth and It would be nice to have several instead of using the same one daily but I could not afford many at that price. I will go to Wal-mart today! I hope it works!


I'm the same way, I have a $15 Jane Iredale Magic Mitt and I'm pretty sure it was a pointless purchase. Oh well - I only asked for it because I had to return something to EDS and I figured I might as well make an exchange of it if I was going to the trouble. I need to do my research more next time!

_________________
32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
hopeful
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 78
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
i just order one from marky at GOW, and its very reasonablly priced, 2.00 and change , i will post after i use it.

_________________
take care, hopeful
Caspers Mum
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Nov 2002
Posts: 1694
Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have a couple, purchased from a local dollar store, and I use them when dusting things in my apartment.

_________________
Former m/up artist, former fan of OLD-school, pre-Lauder M.A.C Anti-M.A.C !
melanie haber
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 230
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I'm the same way, I have a $15 Jane Iredale Magic Mitt and I'm pretty sure it was a pointless purchase. Oh well - I only asked for it because I had to return something to EDS and I figured I might as well make an exchange of it if I was going to the trouble. I need to do my research more next time!

gl, you ARE doing your research. You don't ever have to get another JI mitt, but you'll know what your own experience was with it, and you may even ultimately decide it is worth reordering. I have cloths from the former Soviet republic of ThankYouStan, eBay, on their way to me as I write, and already have cloths from two other sources. If it doesn't break your bank, it's worth trying things that interest you at least once. Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 1454
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, good point! I just feel like I could've started with the cheapies and worked up, ya know? But to be honest, I really really like the mitt so far, so no complaints as of yet. Definitely more gentle than a normal cotton washcloth, and I tend to irritate my acne by over-scrubbing which this mitt sort of prevents by design, so that's good!

_________________
32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cahoot
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 152
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have cloths from the former Soviet republic of ThankYouStan, eBay, on their way to me as I write,


melanie you are so funny!! i love reading his listings as well, he is too funny! btw i also bought a couple of microfibre cloths from him, they were on sale, i got 2 cloths and a sponge, i really like the sponge but my 3 year old managed to (i think) flush it down the loo.not sure how she did it, but there was the sound of the toilet flushing, and she came out looking guilty and the sponge was nowhere to be seen, then or since! i did think about perhaps buying another one but since i bought a clarisonic, i no longer use my cloths and they have been donated to DH. Laughing
melanie haber
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 230
Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhhh, the mysterious clarisonic. Someday I might seee one myself...


I broke down and ordered when I saw Stan's "ugly cloths" auction. Go check it out, it might make your day -- I am smiling even now as I type. Laughing
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Could someone please post a link to one of Stan's auctions? I keep hearing about his cloths but I have never been able to find his auctions. I've even tried searching under seller "Stan".
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Could someone please post a link to one of Stan's auctions? I keep hearing about his cloths but I have never been able to find his auctions. I've even tried searching under seller "Stan".

Never mind. I just did a search under thankyoustan and found it. (thanks Melanie)
canadagal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 157
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I bought some really nice micro fiber cloths at Dollar Tree!
kylala
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Posts: 39
Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used the clarisonic and the micro fiber cloths. The absolute best thing I have ever cleaned my face with is the micro fiber cloth that NCN sells. My skin looks so much better since I bought mine. Believe me, I don't rave about much.
mina1
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Posts: 36
Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this the Walmart cloths are actually the best I've ever used!! I get the darker colored ones. I have bought several and the only color was white so like in 1 week these cloths would be another color from all that makeup rub off. Walmart microfiber cloths feel great on the skin make sure you don't fub hard tho sicne it can irritate the skin!!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
These cloths are not under a dollar but a very good price. PSF has facial microfiber cloths on their website now. Two for $4.00. They look really nice.

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=RRRR&keywords=all On your left side you need to click on accessories.

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard you get what you pay for with microfiber cloths but I'm waiting for the reports!
Thanks.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 950
Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing.it's another choice from psf
it's 4$/2cloths

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MCC&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DRRRR
dksnf68
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
This is such a bargain and I want to share it with you all.I was at WalMart and looking in the automotive section. I found microfiber towels and then I found wash cloths.There are 2 rolled together with a paper aroung the center.They come in Light Blue,Light Green and Yellow.The tag says MicroTex,75%polyester-25% polyamide.They cost .84cents Shock I have used it this week and it is so soft and yet it cleans very well. I have taken mascara and liner off.
So,if any of you that have a $12.00 microfiber cloth. And you are shopping at Walmart could you pick up one of these and do a comparison and see what you think.Wouldnt it be so lovely to save a little on some items in order to spend more on others.
TIA
Linda


I was a Walmart yesterday with my BF and told him I needed to go to the automotive section. I was trying to find these cloths but, they were much more expensive, like 7 or 8 dollars. I couldn't find the cheap ones. When he asked what I wanted them for and I told him about the forum rec he thought I was just nuts Laughing

_________________
Darlene, 45, oily, dehydrated sundamaged skin.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 414
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm..I went into Walmart to pick up a few more of the cloths and they are gone. They have quite a variety. But,now that PSF has them..whoopee Arrow I love PSF Very Happy
And, I used one for cleaning,they are great !!!
Linda
dancar3
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 102
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
When I went to Walmart a few days ago, they didn't have the 2 pack either, they had sold out of them. They did have an 8 pack though that is located with the other cloths in the automotive section and the price was $4.??......can't remember exactly how much, just that is was around 4 something. On the package it says MicroTex Cleaning Towels and then 8 pack micro fiber, hth!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)