Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)
How Browtox affected me - I still can't believe it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am very reluctant to share my experience because I realize my case is probably rare, even though extreme, and I don't want to scare anyone. However, if someone is going through what I went through, I'd like to help them put two and two together much faster than I did.

I started using Browtox in April of last year. I used it until the bottle was empty. I didn't think it did much and decided not to reorder. After a month went by I noticed that the "11" creases between my brows became very evident. I realized the Browtox had been working. The affects were accumulative so I didn't notice dramatic results until I stopped the product. I ordered it again and used it everyday.

After a few months I started noticing I didn't feel right, like something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it. As I was rubbing the Browtox into my "3rd eye" the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if this stuff is affecting my senses and/or my intuition?" I brushed aside the thought, not wanting it to be true, because it was working so well and it didn't really seem possible.

At the end of January, this year, I was at a convention and walking very briskly from the parking structure to the convention center carrying a relatively heavy bag in each hand plus my purse when I started to get this deep pain in my chest and it felt so tight I had to stop because it felt like something inside me was going to break. After a couple of minutes the pain went away and I was fine. This happened 3 or 4 times over the weekend walking quickly to the convention center, and then it didn't happen again until 5 months later. I just assumed I wasn't used to carrying heavy things and walking fast and it was a strain on my body.

In the meantime my energy levels started to fade and my motivation for everything I love was disappearing. I was having a hard time making simple decisions, I felt mentally foggy, my stress levels were rising rapidly and I really started to feel bad. The muscles in my throat and neck were getting tired just talking and I got out of breath walking up one flight of stairs or just making the bed. So I went to the health food store looking for something to help with the stress and give me energy because I didn't feel like my healthy, bubbly, happy, motivated, spiritual, creative self. I got a very popular cleanse for the entire body to help the liver and other organs. I used this and it cleaned me out but still no energy.

It got to the point where I would get up in the morning and could barely make it through the day. I felt so tired and unmotivated, all I could do is sleep, sleep, sleep. I would get a little energy from sleeping and try to walk on the treadmill and do some work but that's about it. I'd go to bed and start over the next day. I had no desire to do anything that I like or love to do. Everything felt like a chore and my life seemed useless. I was seriously considering quitting my career, the biggest passion in my life. Soooooooo not like me!

On the 4th of July, when the fireworks ended, to get ahead of the mobs of people, we started hauling butt back to the car about 2 or 3 blocks. I was walking so fast to keep up with my S.O., I was almost running and the pain in my chest came back so strong and this time it took a long time to subside and didn't go away completely until the next day. I tried getting on the treadmill two days later and the tightness in my chest came quickly and didn't go away. I was freaking out. I was thinking there's definitely something seriously wrong and I was probably going to die of heart failure or something. I went to my doctor and he ran every test possible for my symptoms, including EKG, blood work, x-rays, the works. Everything came back perfect. No sign of anything wrong. I'm in excellent health. The doctor gave me a prescription for an inhaler, (maybe it's asthma) and some drugs for anxiety and a stack of papers on panic disorder. I had many of the symptoms but my life is so good and I'm so healthy otherwise, I knew deep down these were not the cause of my symptoms. I never used the inhaler or the anxiety pills.

I started to look at everything I was doing because I was so miserable, I was crying every day. I'm such a healthy person and so careful about what I put in and on my body, the only thing I could think of was the Browtox. My S.O. called our good friend who's a doctor and is always very helpful in desperate situations and asked him about Browtox. He looked it up and gathered all the info he could and called back and said "Yes. This could definitely be causing the problem." He said it's controversial because some people say it doesn't work and others do. Basically if it works, it's getting into your system. Even though it's supposed to be localized, it's still getting into the bloodstream and affecting your body. He thought because it affected the muscles in my face, it affected my entire system because I was more sensitive to it. He said it was possible it was inhibiting all the neuro-receptors in my body not just the ones in my face. And, because it's accumulative it would take a while to really affect me adversely. Well that made sense. Finally an answer.

At the beginning of August, I stopped using it immediately and after a couple of days my energy started to return.

Less than 2 weeks later, I took a trip, cross country, to visit my good friend. My first plane was delayed due to bad weather and I was short of time to catch my connecting flight. When I got off the plane, I only had about 10 minutes before my next flight was leaving and the gate was way on the other side of the airport. I grabbed my bags and ran to the gate while talking on the phone to my S.O. Half way there I realized.... I was running and talking and I had no pain, no chest tightness, and when I got to the gate (just made it in time) I was only a little out of breath. I was amazed, he was amazed and I wasn't even tired.

After about 3 weeks, I started to feel more alive and my personality started to come back. I felt like I could make decisions again. My muscles started to loosen up and I wasn't feeling a tug in my throat while talking. I felt like I could relax and the things that I love became of interest to me again. I felt motivated and started cleaning and organizing. I felt happy and joyful. I felt like myself again. I felt like I was back in touch with reality and my senses were crisp.

It's now early September, and I still don't have my creative desires back, which scares me. I'm hoping it's because the stuff isn't completely out of my system yet and that it will be soon and I'll be completely back to normal. I never would believe this could happen and I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Like I said in the beginning, I don't want to scare anyone away from using the product, I just want to help anyone who might be experiencing the same thing. I would have given anything to have this information before it got as far as it did. I feel like I lost an entire year of my life that I'll never get back.

For those who aren't sensitive like me, the product does work. So just be careful and be aware of what you're putting in and on your body.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
cloe I don't know if you realize how fortunate you are to even have just IDENTIFIED what was going on with you. Some people suffer for years with troubles that have explanations that haven't been uncovered.

I hope you feel better soon.

Fisol Fish Oil, and B Complex Vitamins are what i think of as brain-healing. I think of creativity as related to mania and humor -- these three things I also think of as full-brast neurotransmission in the brain. Hopefully you will get back to speed. Just take it easy and carefully and get there slowly with patience. :hugs:

THANK YOU for your story.
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
cloe thank you very much for sharing your experience and your doctor's conclusions! I am glad that you are feeling better and hope that your will feel back to normal soon. Smile

Did your doctor say whether he felt it was the acetyl hexapeptide or the curare? Or both? I agree that your experience seems to be unusual but I am intrigued by it and would like to study it more.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow. That's so scary. I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your experience!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Melanie- I feel so fortunate to have discovered the problem. It's a blessing to be so in tune with my body. I just wish I had paid more attention to my instinct when I first felt it might be a problem. It's a lesson well learned.

I take Salmon oil and GLA every day but I've never heard of Fisol Fish oil. I also take B complex so hopefully I'm on the right track.

Thank you so much for your kindness and well wishes.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
H.Kitty- Thank you so much for both of your responses and well wishes. (I sent you a PM also)

I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure he felt both the acetyl hexapeptide and the curare were affecting me.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Wow. That's so scary. I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Jeannine- It is very scary. I never thought it would ever affect me like that.

Thank you for your response and kind words.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
cloe,
If you google Wikipedia you will see that CURARE is a dart poison from South America.
That says it all Exclamation
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Cloe, sorry for your terrible experience. I'm happy you got your health back. Thanks for sharing it with us. I considered ordering browtox before, but am now glad I never did. I hope you continue to recover and feel fully yourself really soon. Hang in there.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Cloe, So sorry you had this horrible reaction. Glad to hear you feeling better and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience which is a real wake-up call for all of us to be very knowledgeable and careful about which product ingredients may be harmful to us - rare case or not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
cloe,
If you google Wikipedia you will see that CURARE is a dart poison from South America.
That says it all Exclamation

Holmes - I just looked it up. Thanks for the insight. If only I had known.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Cloe, sorry for your terrible experience. I'm happy you got your health back. Thanks for sharing it with us. I considered ordering browtox before, but am now glad I never did. I hope you continue to recover and feel fully yourself really soon. Hang in there.

BKKGirl- Thank you for your sympathy and well wishes. Very Happy I hope to be back to 100% very soon.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Cloe, So sorry you had this horrible reaction. Glad to hear you feeling better and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience which is a real wake-up call for all of us to be very knowledgeable and careful about which product ingredients may be harmful to us - rare case or not.

Fairlady - Thank you for your kind words. It really is a good idea to be aware. I've always wondered if everything affects us the same and maybe some people have a higher tolerance level and don't realize they're being affected.
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cloe for sharing this with us, we will keeping mind before using some stuffs. I'm sure until now you are back to normal, very healthy. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Cloe, echoing the thanks for sharing your experience. While the skin is our main protective barrier against the environment and the elements, some things will penetrate the skin and eke into our bloodstream while others won't penetrate at all.

Ever since that light bulb lit for me, I've been a lot more leery of what I put on my skin and have leaned toward more natural/organic solutions when possible. I still have a lot to learn and hope never to resort to botox or any kind of poison to maintain beauty. Hopefully other solutions will be available the more we learn about how skin products to promote beauty can possibly degrade our overall health.

Best wishes and big hugs,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you PrettyPinky! Very Happy
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Cloe, echoing the thanks for sharing your experience. While the skin is our main protective barrier against the environment and the elements, some things will penetrate the skin and eke into our bloodstream while others won't penetrate at all.

Ever since that light bulb lit for me, I've been a lot more leery of what I put on my skin and have leaned toward more natural/organic solutions when possible. I still have a lot to learn and hope never to resort to botox or any kind of poison to maintain beauty. Hopefully other solutions will be available the more we learn about how skin products to promote beauty can possibly degrade our overall health.

Best wishes and big hugs,

Athena

Athena - I'm right there with you on all of that. Thanks for the reply and good wishes!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
so is it the CURARE or the argeline? ooh scary...I have actually been feeling that same way lately and just keep putting it down to the weather or aircon or something but I am using a product with argeline twice a day every day ....thing is in this day and age it could be ANYTHING....usually viral....or is it the argeline? would love to hear from anyone who has been using high strength areline products for a few months..... Confused
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
so is it the CURARE or the argeline? ooh scary...I have actually been feeling that same way lately and just keep putting it down to the weather or aircon or something but I am using a product with argeline twice a day every day ....thing is in this day and age it could be ANYTHING....usually viral....or is it the argeline? would love to hear from anyone who has been using high strength areline products for a few months..... Confused

annachan,

I have been using a skin care line containing Argireline for 3.5 years without skipping a beat. I feel great and have never had any ill affects. I have no concerns regarding my use of Argireline.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You Winnie!
havana8

Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your experience, Cloe. It's quite scary what you went through. I hope you are continuing to feel better! Thanks for posting your experience, too, Winnie. It's amazing how we are all so individual in our tolerances and sensitivities...
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
I have actually been feeling that same way lately and just keep putting it down to the weather or aircon or something but I am using a product with argeline twice a day every day ....thing is in this day and age it could be ANYTHING....usually viral....or is it the argeline?

That's exactly what my S.O. kept trying to convince me of. I kind of thought that in the beginning too, but it got to the point where I knew it wasn't.

At least you're aware and you can stop using it for a short time to decide weather you feel better or not without it, if you start feeling really bad. Hopefully it is just the weather or something and not the Argeline.

I hope you feel better soon. Very Happy
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - Thanks for keeping a balance here. Very Happy

It really is a great product that works well. I wish I wasn't sensitive to it, Darn it! Laughing
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience, Cloe. It's quite scary what you went through. I hope you are continuing to feel better! Thanks for posting your experience, too, Winnie. It's amazing how we are all so individual in our tolerances and sensitivities...

Thank you Havana8! Very Happy

I am feeling better and better, everyday.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your report...
its been a while ago, and i hope everything is fine now, cloe...

i ordered the first bottle in July, 2007, and finished it around november...
i was using it locally on the frownlines (vertical and even worse horizontal ones) and around the mouth/chin...
the relaxing effect really built up, and i found it quite strong at the end...

since today i havent used any browtox anymore...
i 2nd what you say, cloe, that the frown lines came back after some time, and so i repurchased recently another bottle...

the ingredients are listed here:
https://www.psfskincare.com/images/btx.gif

so - it seems that the curare ("chondrodendron tomentosum (curare) extract dilution", a poison arrow, but also used in medical treatments) caused the problems you encountered...

and this - because it went into the system...

how is this possible?
i have heard so many times, that cosmetics ingredients DONT go into the system, because there is a natural barrier, they cant break...

because of this barrier(s) all the skincare will always turn out to be something superficial, not really long lasting...

with the BOTOX (rumour(?), going to the brain) i can better understand, as it is injected UNDER the skin (for all i know), but with some serum applied on top?

is it really possible, that skincare, applied onto your skin, goes into the system Question

anyone has infos, ideas?
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 19, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |