Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic voluntary recall - FYI
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi folks,

I'm not a Clarisonic user but I know lots of you are, so I thought I'd link to this article from The Organic Beauty Expert:

http://theorganicbeautyexpert.typepad.com/the_organic_beauty_expert/2007/09/voluntary-recal.html

She also links directly to the Clarisonic Recall Page.

Might be of interest to those of you who dropped big bucks for your brush. Hope this helps!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
OMG!!! I use mine every morning. I hope I get my letter soon and that they replace it quickly. I may go into withdrawals! Actually, I have noticed that the handle is very warm when I pull it out of the charger. Now I know I'm not just imagining things. Thanks, Ginnieliz for the info. As soon as I get home tonight, I'm unplugging my charger. My husband thinks I have too many gadgets already, I don't need to find myself explaining why the house burnt done.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Damnit, I *just* bought one
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Well, I went to the website provided above and it turns out that my Clarisonic is on the recall list. They are going to sent me a prepaid shipping box to return my unit and when they recieve it, they'll sent me a new one. I also had the obtion to pay an extra $25.00 to get a pink one. $10.00 of the proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Assoc. So I thought it was a good deal and I get a PINK Clarisonic. They stated that the new one will be the lastest and greatest version. So, thanks again, Ginnieliz for this info. As I stated before, I don't want to have to explain to my husband why the house burnt down. He thinks I have too much face gadgets, makeup, skincare, clothes, etc.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Shocking! Surprised I should check mine out and see if I have that problem.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up! I am checking my clarisonic now!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I am on the recall list as well! (Just got off of the phone).
Since I am in Canada, they are not sure about the shipping, ect. to me, and will phone me back.
Thanks for the heads up again!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm really glad I posted this since it affects a few of you - good luck working everything out!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hearing on some other boards (Which I guess I'm not allowed to post links to) that the ones they are getting back are refurbished, sometimes not functional and generally lower quality Confused
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my replacement Clarisonic for a couple of weeks now and I've fallen in love with it all over again. It may have some refurbished parts, as mentioned on the Clarisonic recall page, but it definitely works better than my old one.

I had my old one for over a year but had only really used it for about 7 months. The period between charges had dropped from the initial 30 days to about 20, and since the 1 year warranty had expired I wasn't sure how much longer it would keep going. The new units now have a 2 year warranty and a free delicate head is included, so if anyone is wondering whether to send theirs in, my advice is to definitely go for it. Clarisonic has made the whole process easy and fast with excellent customer service. I'm in Canada and the entire process took about 2 weeks.
cl425

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I received my replacement Clarisonic unit a week ago and I was dismayed to pay a UPS charge of $38 duty (I'm in Canada). The shipping documents clearly stated this was a replacement unit with a value of $0. Clarisonic has excellent customer service. They apologized and promptly refunded the charge to my credit card. I also mentioned I never received the free head from my inital purchase and I've received that as well.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
cl425 wrote:
I received my replacement Clarisonic unit a week ago and I was dismayed to pay a UPS charge of $38 duty (I'm in Canada). The shipping documents clearly stated this was a replacement unit with a value of $0. Clarisonic has excellent customer service. They apologized and promptly refunded the charge to my credit card. I also mentioned I never received the free head from my inital purchase and I've received that as well.

This isn't about Clarisonic as such, just a comment on UPS. I hate their rip-off charges, totally hate them. One of their charges amounted to 57% of the price of the item I bought!!! which to my mind are Tony Soprano rates if you get my meaning (wouldn't surprise me if it's a 'laundered operation' with those highway robbery rates).

I now always ask shippers from US to send purchases USPS priority post. International rate charges by UPS are totally outrageous.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |