Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Brow Kits--- any thoughts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so there is an absolute PLETHORA of eyebrow grooming kits on Sephora. I'd like one, but there are so many, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Has anyone used any of these grooming kits before? What color did you use, and what did you think of them? Here are some that I'm eyeing:

Duwop's Browwow: Includes a colored brow powder, tinted finishing gloss, shimmer cream highlighter (champagne), mirror, and double-ended brush.
Pros: The highlighter and cute compact
Cons: No tweezers

Tarte's Toolbox: Kit includes brow gel, brow pencil, tweezers, brow brush, brow powder, brow wax, and three brow shaping stencils.
Pros: mini tube of brow gel, tweezers
Cons: stencils (like I would ever use them!), no highlighter

ModelCo Eye Browz: Includes four brow stencils, duo brow wax and powder, two angled head brushes, grooming wand, and slant tweezers.
Pros: Tweezers and Grooming wand (three cheers for the grooming wand!)
Cons: Colors look a little funny, no highlighter, don't need the silly stencils

Sephora Arch It Brow Kit: includes three brow stencils, a duo brow gel and powder compact, a clear brow mascara to hold brows in place, tweezers, and an eyebrow brush.
Pros: clear brow gel, tweezers
Cons: Looks bulky, no highlighter, and again, stencils

Benefit Brow Zings: includes brow wax and a complementing setting powder ,tweezers, a hard angle brush, and a blending brush
Pros: Purse-size compact, tweezers, blending brush
Cons: No brow brush, no clear mascara, no highlighter...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Benefit Brow Zing, color is medium. I like the color, wax & powder. The powder doesn't become all lint like compared to Paula's Dorf. I like the little tweezer, I keep the tweezer at work for emergency. But the brushes are hard to apply with so I don't even use them.

Saw the thread on Anastasia Brow Kit. Might look into that but I doubt I'll need everything in the box.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Anastasia kit. It is good, but there are many of the products in the kit that I have never used.(as I have a plethora of other products for my brows as well). If you are just starting out, a "brow virgin", lol! it would be a good kit for you, hths. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I vote for one of the Anastasia kits as well: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13486&highlight=anastasia

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale just came out with a brow kit too... check it out before you decide. I haven't tried it, but looooove all JI products. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
another vote for Anastasia
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Benefit Brow Zings: includes brow wax and a complementing setting powder ,tweezers, a hard angle brush, and a blending brush
Pros: Purse-size compact, tweezers, blending brush
Cons: No brow brush, no clear mascara, no highlighter...
FYI - for the record, I used to have the Benefit Brow-Zing kit (I swapped it with Lianne for a Decleor toner) and I have to say that the tweezers that come in the kit are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS and UNUSEABLE. I've bought drugstore tweezers for less than a buck that worked better than the Benefit ones!!! So if you decide to go for the Benefit brow kit, don't let the tweezers be the tie-breaker or selling point!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use the benefit kit. I only use the powder...I never used the tweezers...I think I lost them and the little brush is worthless.
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
You MUST get Anastasia tweezers to go along with whatever brow kit you get. They are absolutely the best!!
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
ummm...there's an eyebrow site called eyebrowz that i use, and i love their selection. they're cheap, and they really have a plethora of eyebrow goods! the stencils are made of plastic and though they might appear somewhat flimsy, they're actually quite durable...i've had quite a few of theirs for a couple of years. i don't really see this company mentioned much, which puzzles me because i think they were one of the first ones to come out with the "eyebrow kit" concept. i used them back when i was in ninth grade, which was...oh gosh...almost eight years ago? anyway, they have great cs (as far as i can remember), and their shipping is very reasonable, so it might serve to at least take a browse around the site. good luck! :]
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
The Shopping Channel in Canada has the Anastasia kits in for $69.00 dollars.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/jump.do?itemType=HOME_PAGE
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |