Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Bumps from Restylane
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
This was in the BeautyBulleton from Paula Begoun, Cosmetic Cop and thought it might be helpful.

DEAR PAULA

Dear Paula,
What do you know about getting rid of bumpiness from Restylane around the
cheeks and eyes? My doctor isn't sure if it is a good idea to remove with the
enzyme because there are so many of them. Do you know if Restylane can result
in permanent bumpiness? No one seems to be able to tell me for sure. I am
quite unhappy with the way I look. Thanks for any help you can give. I just
ordered some Ellen Lange Retexurizing Peel and hope at least to give it a
smoother appearance. But this won't remove the gel bumps at all the injection
sites will it? Thanks for any help you can give.
Madeline, via email

Dear Madeline,
The bumpiness you're experiencing is one of the problems that can occur with
any dermal filler and it can happen with Resytlane and its close relative
Perlane, though this is considered an atypical outcome (Source: Dermatologic
Surgery, December 2003, pages 1225--1226). There are many reasons why this
can develop, but the primary cause, according to Dr. Brandith Irwin, author
of Your Best Face: Looking Your Best Without Plastic Surgery, is when dermal
fillers are injected too superficially under the skin, the filler material
can easily be felt and seen at the surface. Because Restylane is not
permanent, Irwin's suggestion is to wait this one out. Restylane usually
breaks down and disappears on its own in anywhere from 6 months to a year.

However, you should be aware that there are reported cases where the bumps do
not dissipate and in those situations, an enzyme called hyaluronidase is
administered directly beneath the treated areas and can eliminate the
bumpiness (Source: Ophthalmalic Plastic and Reconstrive Surgery, July 2004,
pages 317-318). Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid,
the primary constituent of Restylane. The reason your doctor is unsure about
utilizing this method is probably because there isn't a lot of information
about it. Restylane is so new the adverse reactions are only now being
discussed in the medical literature. Either way, it would probably be in your
best interest to see another physician who has lots of experience with dermal
fillers so you can get a second opinion.

In terms of the Ellen Lange product, it will have no effect on the texture of
your skin caused from the Restylane injections. Even for general skin care at
best, the Retexturizing Peel Kit is a mediocre exfoliant, with irritating
ingredients like menthol, pH levels that make the exfoliating ingredients not
very effective, and a papaya enzyme that has dubious benefits.

Posted by Judy Marshall

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds scary. I sometimes think I would like to have Restylane to make my skin look plumper, but reading about the bumpiness makes you think twice - you could go through it only to cause yourself a whole other problem which sounds really difficult to fix. Maybe my skin's not so bad after all....
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Freedom

I'll second that. Don't do it!

I had the Restylene lumps. In fact the whole experience was a wake up call to me.

I was interviewed in a very plush room then when I turned up for my next appointment I was shown to a room that looked like it hadn't been decorated since Victorian times.

The woman who did it was most frightening of all. She was botoxed to death. It's scarey to have someone really near your face jabbing a needle near your eyes with the expression of the living dead on their face.

And I don't think anyone understands your face like you do. I thought she did the injections in all the wrong places and one particularly annoying thing was she injected at the intersection of two lines (on my eye-corner) and it made them look like a road junction - there's still a small bump or scar there now after what 5 years maybe.

And then there were so many freaky looking people in the waiting room with billowing lips ......

Never, never ever again.

Molly
SSTEELE8

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my two cents. I have bumps (granulonas) from Restalyne Injections in my upper lip. Big ones. I have now had the bumps since the injections May 2005.
I have made an appointment with my plastic surgeon, (I foolishly had a Nurse Practictioner) inject me, and I hope he can inject me with "hyaluronidase" to get rid of these awful, aging, lumps that go into my mustache area in my upper lip.
All I can say is, be very careful when choosing an injector. Make sure they are a plastic surgeon or dematologist. Otherwise, it can be a real mistake.
I feel very self-conscious about these ugly bumps, and they are ALL I can see on my face now. I try to massage them often, but it doesn't do any good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had no problems with my Restylane injection in my nasolabial folds. I think the key is to do your homework and make sure you get someone who is very experienced at it. Like all things, it takes training and practice. If someone has not been doing it long, I would not use them. Ask them, they definitely should be willing to tell you how often they have done the injections.

Also, use the filler as it is intended, my dr. will not use Restylane around the eyes and forehead. I forgot the term he used for that "off label" or something... but he said that around your eyes and brow area are many nerves and a filler can press on those nerves. I was impressed that he was not willing to do it for the sake of doing it. I know some folks have had it in that area and not had problems with it and that is great.

I was very pleased with my results and will go back when it is time to go back!!

Deb
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |