Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What woks for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Daniel2

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I've had mild to strong acne for 2 and half years now and I've tried loads of things. The most recent things I've tried have been pure lavender oil. I was told by a beautician that gently rubbing pure lavender oil into your effected areas will dramatically help remove blemeshes and acne. I've been using it for about a week and during the week i did start to see some small improvements, the redness of the spots wasn't so harsh. However overnight yesterday I woke up to a at least 15 more small spots on my cheeks. This seems a bit out of the ordinary to me so I've stopped using the lavender for the moment.

Before I used that I bought some cream that had 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. However it wouldn't rub into my skin properly, my skin would become dry within 10 minutes of applying it. I've heard people say to me before that their skin turned very dry when using it and flaked up (like mine) but after using it for a month or 2, it really did help and cleared a lot of their spots. I do have something called a balancing lotion which goes into my skin very well and my skin does feel refreshed after using it (although it doesn't help with the acne) I was wondering if perhaps I should mix the benzoyl peroxide and the balancing lotion together?

I'd be interested to know if any of the things I've been using have worked for you? and if you have any tips for me.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:31 am      Reply with quote
To my knowledge of essential oils, you should always dilute before applying to the skin, never use full strength. This would be rather harsh to the skin.
Lavendar is wonderful for healthy skin. If you would like to experience the full effects, I would suggest trying Dermalogica or Yonka line. These are both great lines which use essential oils and have specific products for problem skin.
Tea tree oil is also anther essential oil effective in killing bacteria which causes acne. But again, never use full strenth. With all the great skin care lines out there, I would suggest using products made specially for your skin type.
The 10% may be too hash, perhaps try a lower concentration.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.
MBL
5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daniel,

Firstly if you haven't done so already it would definitely be worth while seeing your doctor so he can see how mild/servere it actually is, there are a wealth of products both internal and topical treatments he can suggest.
In the meantime though don't use the lavender oil or any oil for that matter (except something like tea tree) if need be. I'm not 100% but I know that many oils are very good at balancing the oil production of the skin BUT if you have exisiting breakouts = bacteria, then the bacteria will just get trapped underneath the oil which will just lead to more problems. Once things have settled down with the acne then yes various oils will help to balance the skin, ie, Decleors Ylang Ylang is a good one. My advice for the moment then is to keep it simple, try and find a 2.5% or 5% BP face wash, and also a oil free moisturiser - Anthony Logistics do a great one. It is important to moisturise when using BP because just like you've experienced it can be very drying. The use of an AHA/BHA cleanser would also be very beneficial, as it will help to remove all the dead skin on your face - couple of good lines are Dermalogica, Peter Thomas Roth. Final bit of advice is to always introduce new products slowly - week by week, as a) it will be easier for you to see what's working and what isn't b) you don't want to overdry or irritate your skin. Good luck!
Daniel2

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
OK thank you. I've been told to go to the doctors before but I'm just too embarrased to do it, I know I'll probably never go because of this.

Here's a question, with the Benzoyl Peroxide, are you supposed to just rub it in and leave it? or do you rub it in and then wash away with water?
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:21 am      Reply with quote
You don't have anything to be embarassed about Daniel, millions of people have acne and it's not something that the doctors haven't seen or haven't been aproached about before.

Benzoyl Peroxide is quite drying for the skin, but you are supposed to just apply it (not really rub it in) and leave it on. Unless, of course, the particular product directions tell you otherwise. I know that the 10%BP Clearasil is something that you apply onto the affected area and leave it on.

I agree with MBL on the AHA/BHA front. I think you might be able to find some relief with a product that has a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid. Or perhaps just salicylic acid. The Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel might be a good one to try, it's also not as drying as some pimple treatments can be. MDF make a good Glycolic Acid (AHA) cleanser as well.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |