Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epionce
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Yeah, Renewal lotion, Milky cleanser, body cream and Sun shield are my favs! Renewal lite lotion is also fabulous for summer. Cream comes in a jar and I am not thrilled about that.

I wish they would have more serums with active ingredients... The Intense defense serum does not do it for me.

I totally understand....I am using the same products as you. We'll see what they do in the next year or so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Omg! I'm totally in LOVE with the Epionce Intense Defense Serum! I ordered a sample off of ebay.

This product makes my skin feel like SILK! I can't tell you how excited this makes me! The renewal cream does make my skin feel hydrated, but the serum is a miracle for me!

Even though I've skipped a couple of days here and there my skin feels hydrated!

I bought the full size and I'll report back to see if I see any other changes. Smile

I hope all of you have a great 2014! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
SCJ, I am using it as well and really like the texture.

I also tried the hand cream and LOVE that...very minimal scent, thick but absorbs quickly and is not sticky. A definite repurchase for me.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Heads up Epionce fans!! Epionce has a new serum which I will definitely be giving a try. It is MelanoLyte Pigment Perfecting Serum. I am loving Epionce products and am almost through my first tube of MelanoLyte Tx and I feel I have gotten some lightening and reduction of pigmentation spots. The Epionce website is offering a free tube of the MelanoLyte Tx with the purchase of this new serum...Good deal!!

https://www.epionce.com/shop/products_detail.php?itemcode=715521

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Giving this a bump to see what kind of results y'all are having with Epionce?

I'm still a devoted 302 user...I know, have probably stayed too long at the party...but like the 302 philosophy: Less is more. No acids. Natural.

Would this blend?

5% products discount

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I too have rosacea and it has been playing up lately. I have tried a sample of the epionce nourishing cream, when I first apply it, it makes my cheeks alittle red, also it is very thick, almost like a gel. As it is very expensive, I am not sure whether to buy the full size. I dont mind as long as it will be good for my skin. Can you let me know about your experience with epionce products and whether you would recommend that I continue use?

Thanks in advance

An
havana8

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
anthily wrote:
Hi Bethany,

I too have rosacea and it has been playing up lately. I have tried a sample of the epionce nourishing cream, when I first apply it, it makes my cheeks alittle red, also it is very thick, almost like a gel. As it is very expensive, I am not sure whether to buy the full size. I dont mind as long as it will be good for my skin. Can you let me know about your experience with epionce products and whether you would recommend that I continue use?

Thanks in advance

An

Not sure if you've had a chance to read through the thread yet, anthily, but I read through it this morning and thought it might be worth mentioning that there is lots of feedback throughout from Bethany and others regarding various Epionce products and their individual skin response / reactions at various stages of use. HTHs some and welcome to the forum. Smile
anthily
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Havana8,

Thank you for your reply.

I have read through some of the previous posts and there seems to be mixed feelings in regards to the epionce range. Do you have any experience of the products yourself? I sent the nourishing cream back as I felt it was too thick, have now tried the renewal cream, it is not as thick but my face still seems to go red when I apply it, do you know if this is normal? I messaged the company who I bought it from and they have said that it maybe because of the active ingredients but after I have used it for awhile, this should go. Any advice would be greatly appreicated. I also tried the milk lotion cleanser but did not like the film it left on my face, will be trying the gentle foaming cleanser in the next few days.
anthily
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add that I have rosacea, do all the members on this board suffer from rosacea?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
My skin gets red & hot after I use the medical repair skin. Very uncomfortable sensation!

Their Renewal line is nice but I was only able to use the Lite Lotion.

I have repurchased only their sunscreen (I use it in winter only), milky cleaner, & body lotion.

Intense Defence Serum has a very nice consistency, it sinks right in, but I have not noticed any particular effect from using it, so I did not repurchase.

anthily wrote:
Hi Havana8,

Thank you for your reply.

I have read through some of the previous posts and there seems to be mixed feelings in regards to the epionce range. Do you have any experience of the products yourself? I sent the nourishing cream back as I felt it was too thick, have now tried the renewal cream, it is not as thick but my face still seems to go red when I apply it, do you know if this is normal? I messaged the company who I bought it from and they have said that it maybe because of the active ingredients but after I have used it for awhile, this should go. Any advice would be greatly appreicated. I also tried the milk lotion cleanser but did not like the film it left on my face, will be trying the gentle foaming cleanser in the next few days.
anthily
5% products discount

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Russiansunshine,

Do you too have rosacea? It would be nice to hear from people that have rosacea and have success using the epionce products, in particular the gentle foaming cleanser and the renewal cream.

Thanks
An
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:47 am      Reply with quote
anthily wrote:
Hi Russiansunshine,

Do you too have rosacea? It would be nice to hear from people that have rosacea and have success using the epionce products, in particular the gentle foaming cleanser and the renewal cream.

Thanks
An

No, I don't.
anthily
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

It would be nice to hear from anyone that has had success with epionce products, I have been using since July and not sure whether to continue or not.

Thanks in advance

An
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I continue to use the cleanser and the sunblock only. Nothing else is worth the price IMO.
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some ingredients for you, and may help a few of you who aren't happy with results.

Sodium Hydroxide is a new trend in anti aging skin care that is pretty alarming as,it is a base of lye and highly alkaline. Healthy skin pH is acidic 4-5.5 pH on average, bacteria don’t like acidic environments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye

Epionce ingredients include multiple silicone bases (cyclomethicone is being banned in the EU), sodium hydroxide, Petroleum by-products and PEG bases, TEA, waxes, and petrolatum (Vaseline).

Here are the ingredients for your:
Epionce Melanocyte Pigment Perfecting Serum 1oz. $99
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Alcohol, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gluconolactone, Glucosamine HCL, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Fruit Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Veronica Officinalis Extract.

Epionce Facial Lotion 1.7 oz $94
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Seed Oil, Limananthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cyclophentasiloxane, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Ppg-2 Myristyl Ether, Propionate, C10-30 Cholestrol/lanoestrol Esters, Poalycraylamide, Linum Usitatissimum (linseed) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Beeswax, Bisabolol, C12-20 Alkyl Glycoside, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C14-22 Alcohols, Capylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) Fruit Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Hexylene Glycol, Lareuth-7, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) Flower Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Magnesium Salicylate, Magnesium Stearate, Malic Acid, Manganese Glycerophosphate, Persea Gratissima (avocado) Oil Unsaponifiable Phenoxyethanol, Phoenix Dcatylifera 9date)f Ruit Extract, Phytosphingosine, Pyrus Malus (apple) Fruit Extract, Rosa Cainina Fruit Oil, Rutin Sodium Hayluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Zinc Pyrithione, Zinc Stearate.

< mod snip >

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:39 am      Reply with quote
A couple of points:

1. Amy appears to be the president of a company that is selling products that don't contain the ingredients the ingredients she mentions above. It is a common practice for people from Company A to discredit Company B's products in order to promote their own...I seldom visit EDS anymore for this reason.

2. Epionce was developed by one of the top dermatologists and skin researchers in the world. He focuses on creating products that solve skin issues, including rosacea. If anyone has any concerns about ingredients in Epionce products, I would contact them directly instead of listening to info from someone selling a competitive product.

That said, I do have rosacea, and the only 2 lines I regularly use are Epionce and Environ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, You don't know me, nor do you know my story, and that is ok. I don't "sell" products on this forum, I do share information that is relevant to threads that people post. I am actually a retired RN, with a passion for helping others and for research. Sodium hydroxide is a lye base. I shared ingredients for products for others who were not happy with results. The use of sodium hydroxide in anti aging skin care products, I believe is an alarming trend. Epionce is not the only product line that is using this ingredient. Some of the others include Murad, Proactive, and SkinCeuticals. Here is a link to my blog: < mod snip >

If you do visit, you will find information, lots of it, from trade journals that most people do not have access to - People can make their own educated decisions on the ingredients they are willing to use in their product lines of choice, including petroleum by products and sodium hydroxide. Here is the wikipedia description, which you may find on the link I provided: A lye is a liquid obtained by leaching ashes (containing largely potassium carbonate or "potash"), or a strong alkali which is highly soluble in water producing caustic basic solutions. "Lye" is commonly the alternative name of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) or historically potassium hydroxide(KOH).
I wish you all the very best in life~

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
As a nurse you may have our best interests set as your top priority, but what you have there on your blog is a piece of junk science, no offence, but adding tiny amounts of sodium hydroxide to adjust a products pH is a far cry from putting lye on skin. For example, those Epionce products you accuse of being harmful do contain sodium hydroxide in tiny amounts, pretty much at the end of ingredient lists, so waaay less than 1%. Now I invite you to conduct a tiny experiment, take 50 ml of pure water, test it's pH level, then add 0.4 g sodium hydroxide and re-test the pH value. And then talk about strong basic solutions and their effects on skin and bacterial growth, k? Or test the pH of those products you accuse of being harmful before you slander more names.

OT, but junk science annoys me more and more, people post rumors, opinions and false conclusions/assumptioms online, causing hysteria, because lots of consumers read those articles, don't do own research and pressure manufacturers en masse to quit using this or that ingredient and if they have even more time on their hands they even push regulations on government level. It's madness. I live in EU where *everything* is regulated by nanny state and I can't even go in a store and buy a zinc oxide sunscreen (because customer is scared it causes cancer) or proper retinol product (it's irritating to sensitive skins, so omg, lets protect the sheep and limit usage to 0.3%. Which doen't work as anti-ager at that level.) And don't even get me started on the insanity that is perfume industry regulations... And all that not because there is solid or supposed evidence that some chemical is 'bad' or government cares about health. No, it's because customers are miseducted by internet and they are the ones that demand the changes and bans on everything that someone (with vested interest) doesn't fancy. If government cared about health issues there would be no junk food or alcohol or cigarettes available. Or tanning beds... Rolling Eyes

(No affiliation with any blogs or manufacturers, or anything or anyone for that matter and I don't get paid/coerced by anyone to say anything.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
...adding tiny amounts of sodium hydroxide to adjust a products pH is a far cry from putting lye on skin. For example, those Epionce products you accuse of being harmful do contain sodium hydroxide in tiny amounts, pretty much at the end of ingredient lists, so waaay less than 1%. Now I invite you to conduct a tiny experiment, take 50 ml of pure water, test it's pH level, then add 0.4 g sodium hydroxide and re-test the pH value. And then talk about strong basic solutions and their effects on skin and bacterial growth, k? Or test the pH of those products you accuse of being harmful before you slander more names.

Exactly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:23 am      Reply with quote
AmyNaturDerm wrote:
Hi Bethany, You don't know me, nor do you know my story, and that is ok. I don't "sell" products on this forum, I do share information that is relevant to threads that people post. I am actually a retired RN, with a passion for helping others and for research.

Amy,

I completely understand your perspective, but please know that many of us have been on this forum for MANY years, and people selling products in their professional lives come here for one reason - to sell more product, either directly (by mentioning that they are affiliated with a company and linking to their blogs/website) OR indirectly (by PMing people and telling them about their great products).

You may be an rare exception, but a gazillion other people have done exactly what I detailed above in the years I have been on the forum, which is why most of us are very skeptical. Many of us also love research, and spend tons of time reading clinical trials, docs on product formulation, etc.

I actually have the Epionce founder's book for professionals....when I have some time (I am demo'ing my kitchen this week), I will check to see if the ingredients you mentioned above are discussed and will share what I find. However, since they are not actives and are typically in small concentrations, they may not be covered.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, that's great, thank you! My entrance to this forum, was actually by request of the forum, gosh, ? 8 years now... hardly seems like it, which is why I just have always used my name. No need to hide a thing ~ I actually left for awhile,important to respect others(not referring to myself)... I stand by research jazzi, and ingredient lists are just that, even in the EU, been doing this for over 20 years, including training MD's... been in the EU for decades, lived there for years, and very aware of policies, all the best to you!

5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I am very pleased to see you posting on here once again.

I am in need of some help. I have been using the epionce gentle foaming cleanser and the intensive nourishing cream to treat my rosacea for about 5 months now. My main concerns are redness and enlarged pores. I use the lite lytic now and then as I am not sure whether it is making my skin worse. Can you please let me know which products you use and how long before you saw any results?

Thanks in advance

An
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Overall, after using Epionce products for several years, I can attest that they are not worth the price. They are nice, but there are a lot of skincare lines that offer the same, if not more, for a much better price.

For example, you can get La Roche-Posay mild cleansers instead of Epionce cleansers.
anthily
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Russiansunshine,

I am beginning to think the same. I have been using the epionce gentle foaming, spf 50 and intensive nourishing cream for 10mths now and i have had 3 epionce lite refresh peels. My pores are still enlarged, and my face is still red!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I have used Lytic Sport TX, Renewal Facial Cream & Medical Barrier Cream for a year and will not purchase any of them again.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |