Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
reducing redness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a product that actually reduces redness? My skin is easily irritated and usually looks red and angry. Keep in mind that my skin is fairly oily. I was looking at True Cosmetics True Comforting Redness Reducer, it has some good ingredients. Can someone please review this product or recommend another.
Thanks so much
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I can really trust is aloe vera gel. Its cheap and effective, without the fear of casuing any further problems for your affected area.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
you should maybe see a dermatologist. it sounds like you might have rosacea, which can be controlled with the right topicals but can get quite out of hand if you do not know how to treat it. not trying to scare you, but it's just that your description of your skin includes all the classic symptoms... red, easily irritated, sensitive. if you are using products that make you especially reactive, then don'y use them. If you are using mild products and are experiencing what you say, then go to a dermatologist asap. it's colossally important to be knowledgeable about rosacea if you have it!!!
http://www.rosacea.org/index.php
I'm convinced myself that I have 'pre-rosacea,' which is a tendency to become overly sensitive and easily flushed for no reason. etc. So I'm very careful about what I put on my skin. But if you catch it in its early stages it will never advance into the more problematic forms.
Good luck!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange! I actually saw a derm a while back and he said it wasn't rosacea. He was really a horrible dermatoligist, he just recommended cetaphil for my acne and redness. So he really turned me off derms, but you're probably right, I should find a good one and have it looked at.
Thanks again
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Tiffy wrote:
Thanks avalange! I actually saw a derm a while back and he said it wasn't rosacea. He was really a horrible dermatoligist, he just recommended cetaphil for my acne and redness. So he really turned me off derms, but you're probably right, I should find a good one and have it looked at.
Thanks again

ewww cetaphil.. I used that for a while too.. the best thing that has worked for me is laser treatments IPLs i mean they can be a little pricey but they work and you don't have to spend 1000s on creams lotions etc for redness that hardly work. I also like Finacea(rx prodct), better then Metro Gel, it's 15% azelaic acid gel which helps to reduce redness. now La prairie has a new cream out for rendess I think there is like .5% and they cost about the same so you can see how this would be more affective. and products with sal acid are nice too. Also watching what you eat can play a big roll on your skin/redness at least it does on mine.. you know staying away for sugar, bad carbs, junk etc..
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
My cheeks and chin have a definite tendency to redness, but it's been reduced a lot in the past couple of years. I can't say what is working for me on that, but I use a good vitamin C serum every morning and Ystheal cream at night, which have improved the tone of my skin a lot. And I use PSF's green tea cleanser, which is very mild. My husband used to laugh at me for carefully smoothing on foundation to even out the redness and then brushing on blush...
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor's Harmonie Cream helped with my redness over time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
it will be gone in 2-3 months. Just wait and see.
alex88
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Green tea extract is good to sooth
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
it will be gone in 2-3 months. Just wait and see.

hey I've been hearing great things about this decleor. but the night balms are soo heavy don't they break you out?
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like your skin is hyper-sensitive. What other products are you currently using?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Something with green tea extract will definitely help. I am currently using my own mixture, but there are commercial products out there that have helped others
1. Pevonia RS2 concentrate
2. Topix Replenix green tea
3. Skinactives's "DIY" rosacea serum
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for all the great advice!

skinprofusion: I have been reading abut azelaic acid, it sounds like it might be helpful. Do you know the name of the La Prairie product you mentioned?

flitcraft: I just started using vit c again, I remember it helping to even out my skin in the past. Thanks

miranets: I'm using a moisturizer by Alba with green tea extract, it seems really nice, not irritating and doesn't break me out. How d you make your own?

So many helpful people on this forum, thanks so much!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
hey I've been hearing great things about this decleor. but the night balms are soo heavy don't they break you out?

To help reduce redness I primarily used the Harmonie cream and sometimes the Rose d'Orient. I do use the balms on occasion, generally in the winter when the weather is drier and I haven't had any problems with break-outs. My skin needed a bit of adjustment time before I saw a difference but after awhile but my skin tone evened out and had less of a ruddiness to it. I haven't used the products in awhile as I have switched things up a bit and I don't know if the formulas are the same since Shiseido bought Decleor.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |