Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Even *I* am not this gullible!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
And I've been known to be really gullible!

http://www.dermaroller.de/derma_engl.htm

Click on Dermaroller-Types. Ouch! Shock This is unbelievable! I'm still in shock!

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:57 am      Reply with quote
WOW! I want one!!!!! rofl
I think they are fab, and if you don't like it yourself, then you could always use it as a marital aid!!!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:33 am      Reply with quote
i just looked at the different types they offer...there are needles involved. i don't know, something about pricking your skin like that doesn't seem right (unless, of course, your face was a lawn in need of aerating)

eeeek! Embarassed
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
As a marital aid? But it has no little knobby things on it. Smile

Can you believe the stuff they think people will fall for?

Look down. At the end of each arm. There's something attached there. It's called your HAND! It is very useful for applying creams/lotions to your face. The FINGERS parts are moveable, too!
Smile
Caspers Mum

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Indeed, there are some very stupid, naive people out there. This is why moronic companies such as "Dermaroller's" producer can sell these things Embarassed
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Good Heavens! Shock
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I have seen this before. Sometime last year I was browsing a skincare site and this roller (or at least a similar gadget) was recommended for use with their products in order increase absorption. I remember it because I actually showed it to one of my friends because it seemed like a such a scary concept!

I can't remember what skincare company it was but it was one that I was familiar with. I keep thinking it was Murad but having just googled I don't think it was. This is going to bug me now....

Mabsy
nikkigardens
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
If anybody have heard of acupuncture, it also involves needles...but then again, this is far worse than that!! We must treat our skin with utmost care and i think rolling it over with multiple needles is surely not the way to go!!

I just wonder why they come up with this kind of idea, i mean how can they pursuade customers to buy this kind of stuff?? Even if they make a demo, i don't think they'd be able to pursuade me..i don't like the idea of rolling needles over my skin..
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Just had a look. All I can say is I am so glad I have got all these sensible people at EDS to stop me being completely stupid. I wont be buying. Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm - didn't this product become fairly popular here??

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
All I can say is I am so glad I have got all these sensible people at EDS to stop me being completely stupid.

Candy8865 wrote:
Hmmm - didn't this product become fairly popular here??

Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh, this is classic. Sorry, just had to have a laugh....

I think Candy might be right, either this or something quite similar did have a following here....

ETA: Ok, maybe not a following but a few have used it regularly and some have dabbled.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I remember seeing products very similar to this on ebay & they were very expensive too.Confused
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
rofl
I too am sure I have seen people raving over these.

I see Candy is resurrecting lots of old threads.
Bored Candy Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Could it be that everything old is new again...at least resurrected threads Bad Grin
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
Could it be that everything old is new again...at least resurrected threads Bad Grin

Old is the new black Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the novaderm and I can assure you I'm neither stupid nor gullable. I also think the attitudes conveyed in this thread are pretty ignorant and elitist. Just because it looks out of the ordinary doesn't mean it's a quack item or a gimmick. IF you had taken the time to do a search on the dermaroller you would have read that A) the tool is based on needling and B) there have been several medical clinical trials performed on dermaroller type of devices. And yes Needling is legit, it was put on the map by a plastic surgeon in Africa.

From my own personal experience, I can say the novaderm has given me noticeable positive results.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
~*Beru*~ wrote:
From my own personal experience, I can say the novaderm has given me noticeable positive results.

can you tell us what they were?
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
~*Beru*~ wrote:

Sorry not in this thread. If you are genuinely interested in my results with the novaderm, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to respond.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
~*Beru*~ wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
~*Beru*~ wrote:

Sorry not in this thread. If you are genuinely interested in my results with the novaderm, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to respond.

Beru

No need to get offended. This is an old thread and at the time the thing seemed weird. As many things do when they are newish. I am pleased that you are having good results and whilst I do not fancy trying this myself I would not ridicule anyone for using it. Since 2004 I have changed my mind about many things so please forgive my earlier ignorance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Why apologize? Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion about products. Many times we read about someone who LOVES something, and the next response is someone who HATES the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't normally apologise but I haven't ever tried this thing so I am in no position to judge. I am just trying to explain that in 2004 this looked weird & Beru should not be upset or feel unhappy about posting a positive review of this. I for one would be interested in a positive experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:
Why apologize? Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion about products. Many times we read about someone who LOVES something, and the next response is someone who HATES the same thing.

i think it was very considerate and lovely of loopylori to apologise. this thread was actually more on the silly side rather than maliscious, but people were being negative about something they'd never even taken the bother to read about -- not negative experiences using it. at the time, no one was here to defend it. i'd feel a little bit put out as well if it was something i'd used and loved and people were just trashing it for their own amusement.

so, thank you, loopylori, for making such a ladylike gesture. and my apologies as well, Beru.

now let's get to the heart of the matter and put the blame where it's really due -- Candy and her damned insomnia! Bad Grin you finally asleep, my bad little cupcake???
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
as you say this thread was started when nobody on here was using this. I would rather apologise than upset someone who's opinions I respect.

As for Candy well she definitely needs grounding in a room with no computer access. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:

You missed the point entirely.

I understand this was a thread from 2004. But what was the intention of bumping it; knowing there are now several people on this board using this product?

Loopylori, your apology is much appreciated, thank you.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Or we could all order a ton from Candy and she'd have no time to get in trouble! Off to the Lab with you child!!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |