Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hyaluronic Acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey girls,
Has anyone ever heard of Purity Products' Oral Hyaluronic Acid supplement. It's supposed to minimize the signs of aging from the inside out. I saw an infomercial the other day and am tempted to try it. I just wondered if anyone knows anything about it.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of it sorry. I think I have seen these supplements before though, so there's other companies out there that make it as well. That's all I know Embarassed
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy. I am so tempted to try it - because I really do believe that vitamins and supplements can help the skin. But I'm always so wary of those infomercials - they just scream out "I'm taking you for a ride, sucker!"
Collette
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Is this product like Silicea?
Collette
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:14 am      Reply with quote
No, I don't think there is silica in it. Here is the link that describes it.
http://www.purityproducts.com/product.asp?sku=134
It sounds good, but I am just so cautious of things that are on infomercials. Even if you could buy it in a store I'd feel better about trying it. I don't know. It does sound tempting though! Rolling Eyes
Collette
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I does look good doesn't it! Keep us informed if you do give in and try it.
Collette
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
It sounds good, but I am just so cautious of things that are on infomercials. Even if you could buy it in a store I'd feel better about trying it. I don't know. It does sound tempting though! Rolling Eyes

I've marketed and researched nutritional supplements for about 12 years. When I encounter something new, I search the internet to find info NOT on sites that sell the product... I even look for negative comments. Then I sort of stir it all together and use my intuition.

Here's what I found on oral supplementation with HA. It is being used by the medical profession in injections, but for joint health where the problem is a lack of synovial fluid. Some derms may be using injections for skincare; don't know about that. The jury's still out on whether or not the injections work. Neutral

I did talk to someone today who had Restylane injections. Restylane has been approved by FDA and it is hyaluronic acid from rooster combs. This woman told me that when it was injected it would "bead up" under the skin and you had to massage a lot to get the beads to dissolve. Confused Another man told me that his Restylane injections were painful.

The problems with taking it as a supplement seem to be that it can get degraded in the stomach by stomach acid before it has a chance to get out to the cells. The Purity product "claims" their process prevents that. I don't know. Doubt

There was also some question about Vit. C degrading HA. Doesn't seem to be a clear answer on that yet.

From what I saw, my opinion for me would be that I would still rely on serums or creams with HA for skincare use.

I would also make sure to drink lots of water. One of HA's functions is to preserve moisture to be used in the skins cells. If your body is dehydrated (and MANY are), then HA doesn't have sufficient moisture to work with.

The rule on how much water to drink is 1 ounce for every two pounds of body weight per day... and that's to keep from being dehydrated. Most people just don't do that. They think that substituting sodas,coffee, tea, juices that they are hydrating the body, but it's just not true. Good water is our body's best source of minerals and water with proper minerals creates electrical impulses in the body to keep certain body functions operating properly... like our heart beating. So, water is very important, not only for health, but for healthy skin too.

Now, that's my sermon on water for the night, but I guess right now, as much as I'd love to believe that I could take an HA pill and have beautiful skin, I'll have to pass. Don't get me wrong. I take MANY supplements every single day, but not HA... at least not yet.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Judy,
Thank you for all that info! I did search online for oral HA, but all I got was sites that sell it. I guess I didn't search deep enough. I think I'll wait & try to read more about it instead of jumping and buying it. I take a lot of supplements anyway too!
And I do drink plenty of water (never sodas), but I do drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning. So I drink an extra 10 ounces to counter that cup of coffee. I swear I keep Trinity Springs in business! Laughing Also, I started taking Dr. Murad's Wet Suit (moisture boosting supplements for the skin)this past winter and noticed a big difference in the elasticity of my skin.
Maybe I should just take it year round. Question
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:28 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I take a lot of supplements anyway too!
And I do drink plenty of water (never sodas), but I do drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning. So I drink an extra 10 ounces to counter that cup of coffee. I swear I keep Trinity Springs in business! Laughing Also, I started taking Dr. Murad's Wet Suit (moisture boosting supplements for the skin)this past winter and noticed a big difference in the elasticity of my skin.
Maybe I should just take it year round. Question

I drink coffee in the mornings too, but I drink enough water throughout the day to make up for it.

We take a LOT of supplements. Our kids make fun of us when we come to visit and bring our suitcase full of supps. That's OK though because we stay healthy all the time, and they are all battling the flu, etc. I always say I want to be like that commercial where the grown kids are wondering which country their 90 year old Mom is visiting this week! Laughing

I took a quiz on the internet and it said I should live to be 104. When I broke the news to my daughter, she groaned. Bad Grin

I told her that Hope (6 yrs. old) is really the one that will have to worry because when I'm 104, my daughter will be in her 70's and poor Hope will be taking care of us both. Rolling Eyes

Several years ago I drank almost no water. I hated the taste of it. Drank mostly tea and had one or two sodas a day. You've heard me say that our company markets nutritional products, so we brought in a product for pH balance and I started studying all about it and found how lethal sodas are to your longterm health, so we quit sodas and it was much easier than we expected. Surprised We began drinking our water treated with minerals and now I drink at least 2 quarts a day and often in the summer 3 quarts. My skin and hair have thanked me by looking years younger! Very Happy

Now, I can't go an hour without a drink of water and even when we go to town for a few hours, we take a small cooler with our water. Great thing is, I don't have to force it, water is what I crave when I'm thirsty.

We live on a lake and have a well for our water so there is no chlorine (another detriment to your health when you drink it) so we take bottles of water with us everywhere we go.

Some would say we're eccentric,(in fact, our kids think so) but at least we're healthy eccentrics! Wink
JUDY

5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy- Thats it I'm going for the water Very Happy
Collette
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy
I think your daughter has got to thank you for taking good care of yourself. I can't even get my Dad to have a walk regularly or take any health supplements on a regular basis.

I have started myself on Evening Primrose and Silica. **Blush**but this is more vanity driven.

What do you think of these supplements?

Just curious - what supps are you taking?

Jenny
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, water is sooooooo important! After all, we are mostly water! Also our diets are so bad for us. Most people are overly acidic because of their diets and all of the toxins we ingest. (It's all about bio-accululation these days). I started taking Supreme Greens last year to alkalize my body's pH, and I have never felt better! I even stopped taking the Nexium for the acid-reflux. I don't need it anymore!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Yep, water is sooooooo important! After all, we are mostly water! Also our diets are so bad for us. Most people are overly acidic because of their diets and all of the toxins we ingest. (It's all about bio-accululation these days). I started taking Supreme Greens last year to alkalize my body's pH, and I have never felt better! I even stopped taking the Nexium for the acid-reflux. I don't need it anymore!

Good for you! You're definitely on the right track.

I've used Ericssons Coral Minerals to treat my water for 8 years and have seen so many improvements in my hair, skin and health in those years.

Since we started talking about hyaluronic acid in this thread, I think it's important to point out that one of HA's functions is to conserve moisture in our body's cells. If we don't have adequate moisture in the first place, HA can't do it's job and we're wasting our money on HA supplements if we aren't properly hydrated through water.

Also, improved pH affects every cell in the body, and since the skin is the largest organ in the body, it can benefit greatly from a balanced pH.
JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am always wondering that if Hyaluronic Acid can catch water from the around air to skin nomatter how dry the envrionment is, or it will catch the water from skin to outer air when the humidity of the air is lower than a certain level?
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think cellex-C do it, but it's a bit expensive

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |