Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Getting rid of whiteheads?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sheisha
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:42 am      Reply with quote
My skin is finally clearing up, thanks in part to all the great products recomended on this board. I love what Vit C has done for my skin! However, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get rid of the tiny whiteheads that are on each side of my chin and some also on the forehead.

What has worked for all of you?

Right now I am trying to combat them by using Jan Marini Bioclear at night and spot treating during the day with either MD Formulations Clearing Complex or Ole Hendriksen's Roll-On Blemish Attack. I have been using these products for almost a month now and there is no change in my whiteheads. I am so tempted to pick them Shock , but when I do they always come back.

I was thinking about trying the Dermalogica Special Clearing Booster. Does anyone have experience with it?

Please help,
Thanks, Trisha
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:04 am      Reply with quote
When you say white heads, do you mean big ones filled with pus or the tiny ones that are more liked blocked pores?

When I get a big white head filled with pus (gag!!sorry) you have to let it drain and then I use an antibiotic on it.

I was getting the tiny white blocked pores and finally linked it back to my make-up which was clogging my pores. An esthititcian told me that this is a blocked pore which has yet to oxidize to a blackhead (gag). My make up was too heavy for my skin and my cleanser was not strong enough to lift it all away at night.
I have solved the problem by skipping the foundation/ powder and just using concealer. I also started using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and I love it.

Good Luck
sheisha
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
The whiteheads I get are tiny and don't hurt at all, unlike regular pimples or cysts that can be painfull. If I squeeze them the white stuff will come out, but then I am left with red marks that take a while to go away.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Sheisha,

You're doing exactly what I would be doing (the Bioclear being the AHA product and spot treating with the Clearing Complex). If it's the Medicated Clearing Booster you're talking about then I would say that, while it's good for pimples, I haven't found it to be spectacular for whiteheads.

I think you need to figure out why the whiteheads keep coming back. E.g. to you rest your chin in your hands sometimes, does hair come in contact with the affected areas on your forehead?

Mabsy
sheisha
5% products discount

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I don't touch my chin and my hair is always off my face, so maybe I just need to give the products some more time to work. Sometimes I am so impatient, when I start a product I want to see results right away Laughing . I just ordered Dr. Brandt's Microbrasion in a Jar, so hopefully that will speeds thing up a bit.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Trisha,
I know how you feel. I have some whiteheads (or blocked pores)...tiny, stubborn little things that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has ever been able to dislodge. They are on my chin under my lower lip and, you'll probably laugh, have been there since I was about 10 years old! I have tried everything under the sun and I have now learned to accept that they seem to be a permanent part of my complexion. My little friends. Just kidding. Smile I suppose one day I will turn 90 and the little suckers will still be there. So don't feel bad. You're not alone. Smile
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:21 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Trisha,
I know how you feel. I have some whiteheads (or blocked pores)...tiny, stubborn little things that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has ever been able to dislodge. They are on my chin under my lower lip and, you'll probably laugh, have been there since I was about 10 years old! I have tried everything under the sun and I have now learned to accept that they seem to be a permanent part of my complexion. My little friends. Just kidding. Smile I suppose one day I will turn 90 and the little suckers will still be there. So don't feel bad. You're not alone. Smile

I have the same problem you do with those little "friends" on my chin area. They have been with me forever too. I had tried everything to no avail. At the drugstore a couple of weeks ago I picked up Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It's creamy so I feel it's not drying for my over 40 skin. You can use it as a cleanser with water or as a mask on dry skin. As a cleanser (after I take my makeup off) I find it lightly exfoliating and very refreshing. It's a minty, tingly, very clean feeling without the usual drying. It does have some sort of fragrance that smells delicious although I can't tell you what it smells like. I'm just not good at that.

As a mask I have used it once or twice a week but like to use it more often only on my chin area. The tingly feeling is a tad more intense and you only leave the mask on 5 minutes. If I use it as a mask on my entire face it does redden it a bit but doesn't last long. My "friends" haven't completely cleared all the way, but they are drastically reduced! After all these years I can't believe a drugstore product is working on them.

I can't remember the exact price I paid for it but I'm pretty sure it was under $8 for 4 oz at my local Rite-Aid. I'm thinking it has 3.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. Although I have tried BP in the past it never worked like this before.

Also need to note that I am using Tazorac at night. BP is supposed to counteract with Vit A, so I use this cleanser/mask in the mornings which is great because it really wakes me up!

So many products that I have tried for this have made me purge, but after two weeks I haven't with this, so I am really happy with it. I'm still in shock over a drugstore product working like this!

-Cheri
Em21

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Hi all.

I was so glad to read your statements about 'your little friends'. I thought I was the only one who couldnt get rid of the little blighters! Sad
Am going to try Neutrogena and see how that goes. If anyone has any other words of wisdom I would love to know. My advice is DO NOT pick! Emz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Several months ago I developed a whitehead on my lower lip line. I extract it but eventually it comes back. Now I have discoloration there. Of course I can conceal it. It drives me nuts. I have tried everything! I went to the derm about a month ago and he put me on antibiotics (developed a little infection from picking Embarassed). It did dry up but it's back. I am wondering if Carrie's Asparin Mask in that area would help. hmm What ya think Carrie?

My daughter calls these little buggers under grounders. Poor thing Sad she takes such good care of her skin but fights these all the time.

The one on my lower lip is really no big deal ... when I see it filling I have a compulsion to SQUEEZE. Bad Grin
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
yes I'm another one joining the whitehead club Laughing I found the Apple Cider Vinegar Toner reduced my whiteheads. Thanks again to Carekate Wink , I use this morning and night and I also found that by following the Dr Hauschka regime of cleanse tone and Day oil in the morning, then just cleansing and toning in the evening I have less and less of them.
Not using moisturier for me has helped a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Several months ago I developed a whitehead on my lower lip line. I extract it but eventually it comes back. Now I have discoloration there. Of course I can conceal it. It drives me nuts. I have tried everything! I went to the derm about a month ago and he put me on antibiotics (developed a little infection from picking Embarassed). It did dry up but it's back. I am wondering if Carrie's Asparin Mask in that area would help. hmm What ya think Carrie?
ABSOLUTELY!! My experience has been that it will fade your discolored spot after 1 or 2 uses. I want to add a warning about using the aspirin mask, though: unless you are super-oily, you shouldn't use the aspirin mask for then 2-3 per week, even though you might be tempted to use it everyday simply because it lightens and brightens your complexion so remarkably, because it can be drying. If you *do* over-do it, follow up by applying a super-rich moisturizer, such as a layer of Dermalogica's Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Mask, or the little Dermalogica concentrated multi-vit capsule-thingys.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |