Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Baby Quasar, Lightstim, Tanda **review of all three**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh gosh..after reading so much about the Baby Quasar, I'm really tempted now..!! Razz
I'm currently 23 (going on 24), and battling acne. Has anyone had any improvements with acne, e.g. less breakouts, quicker recovery? Also tend to have less-than-bright complexion, and uneven skin tone. Has anyone noticed anything with brightening up the skin?
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy! Beautiful pics! You have an incredible glow!

Is that big picture in red robe a "before"?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ambien wrote:
Thanks Kassy! Beautiful pics! You have an incredible glow!

Is that big picture in red robe a "before"?

Yes, that picture was a little over 2 years ago on my 54th birthday.

The latest picture is from a couple of days ago.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pato

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Help

I have been using BQ. I did not know I had rosacea. The doctor told me when I went to see him do to the un usual redness and little bumps. It seems the lights of it made it worst.
(was not noticeable before)

I do read that there is another light treatment for it ILP??

I have been using DMAE, CP, Emu oils and now the doctor prescribed another cream

Is there a more permanent solution for this? Do you guys know if I can keep using the other creams?

Help!! Confused and wrinkled Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
pato wrote:
Help

I have been using BQ. I did not know I had rosacea. The doctor told me when I went to see him do to the un usual redness and little bumps. It seems the lights of it made it worst.

I do read that there is another light treatment for it ILP??

I have been using DMAE, CP, Emu oils and now the doctor prescribed another cream

Is there a more permanent solution for this? Do you guys know if I can keep using the other creams?

I've not had professional treatments but I have heard that the blue lights like the Tanda Clear and Quasar Baby Blue can help with rosacea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I saw that EDS got the Baby Blue in and have put in an order. (I like the Tanda and the only problem I've had is the heat generated from the unit and the fact that now it no longer holds a charge and I just leave the plug in all the time now.) I'm trying the Baby Blue to see if heat will be less of a problem and it has an onboard timer like the Tanda.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I am so intrigued by this forum! Can anyone compare spa light treatments vs. the Baby Quasar?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I got my Baby Blue yesterday and because I felt that I wasn't getting the instructions I called AT and asked a few questions that eased my mind.

First: The Baby Blue has one mode so you just switch it on.

Second: There is no onboard timer, but I was told to use it in the areas that need attention for about 10 minutes.

There were a few warnings. One (which is plain at the EDS site and the makers) do not use the adaptor for the Blue on the Baby Quasar as they are not compatible. Second, if you are going to use both the Baby Blue and the Baby Quasar, use the Baby Blue first.

So, now that I've cleared up any of my confusion I know I can use the Baby Blue with confidence and will report my results later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
pato wrote:
Help

Do you guys know if I can keep using the other creams?

pato, is the Dr aware that your using CP, DMAE + Emu? What is the cream he prescribed? Is the Dr a Dermatologist?

Perhaps your overdoing it with topicals. The BQ should have helped to calm the Rosacea, so the creams could more than likely be the culprit.

You need to work out a good plan with the Doc. You can also call one of the guys at Advent Thera, who I'm sure would be more than happy to help you figure out a good plan for using the BQ, that will benefit your Rosacea.

Good luck!

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
I got my Baby Blue yesterday and because I felt that I wasn't getting the instructions I called AT and asked a few questions that eased my mind.

First: The Baby Blue has one mode so you just switch it on.

Second: There is no onboard timer, but I was told to use it in the areas that need attention for about 10 minutes.

There were a few warnings. One (which is plain at the EDS site and the makers) do not use the adaptor for the Blue on the Baby Quasar as they are not compatible. Second, if you are going to use both the Baby Blue and the Baby Quasar, use the Baby Blue first.

So, now that I've cleared up any of my confusion I know I can use the Baby Blue with confidence and will report my results later.

Rufus, I can't wait to hear your results. I am tempted to get this but can't decide on which one to get, the red or blue light. I'm dealing with mild acne but also want to prevent aging.
havana8

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I might have missed this, but is everyone using the light rejuvenation devices on a freshly cleansed and exfoliated face, free of any serums or creams? or are you finding better results using serums like hyaluronic acid etc.?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
The Baby Q manufacturers recommend applying hyaluronic serum before use. Lightstim also recommend using a cream or serum of your own choice. At the moment I'm applying Super CP serum before using the Lightstim.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I use IS Clinical HydraCool on a clean face, if not my skin dries out too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I've had great success using my LightStim after application of serums + lotions.

Have any of you used your light after application of vitamin C serum? I'm wondering if that would help or hinder..

We know that C degrades quicker in the presence of heat + water, so avoiding that is a good idea. But what if the Vit C were applied 30 to 60 minutes before a LED treatment, allowing that time for it to be absorbed...hmm

Your thoughts?

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I've applied C serum before using the light and I've thought it was fine. I do tend to let my C serums sink for at least 20 min or so.
I've also used my dpl after super CP and that is good too. I use C's in the AM and CP at night.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll do a little experimenting with the vitamin C and the LS, and see if I notice a difference.

I wish I could use CP's, but I'm afraid to take the plunge. I bought the Neutrogena Active Copper serum, just to get the feel of it a bit, and lo and behold, I wound up with peach fuzz, and a couple of hairs on my chinny chin chin...... Shock Shock Shock

Just imagine what the 'good' stuff would have done.......EEEEK!!

Brenda Z
5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use La Mer Concentrate. Its expensive but leaves my skin wonderfully smooth and makes the appearance more white. I also wanted to update on lightstim I just bought a month ago. I have been using it almost everyday. It takes about an hour to treat my whole face. At first I wasen't sure as I was not seeing instant results but figured it took a while to damage face it will probably take a while to make it better. Now a month later I am seeing an amazing improvement in my skin. I was getting tired of looking at my face in the morning it was looking so bad I would immedietly put on makeup. Now the overall appearance is fantastic and I feel great without makeup. Way less red and blue in my face, plumper, goose bumps diminished under eyes, fine lines diminished on forehead. And my skin is so soft. My skin looks like it did about five years ago. I am so happy. Originally I had bought it for my neck as there are deep lines appearing in my neck and I have goose pimples all over from sun damage. Realizing the lightstim wasen't cutting the resurfacing goose pimples on my neck I decided to resurface with Neutrogena-Microdermabrasion kit and Tazorac and use Lightstim as well. Now there are hardly any goose pimples, fine lines are diminishing, discoloration is gone. Very happy. Sorry post is long but wanted to help readers on the fence about buying lightstim.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Brenda. I've been anxiously waiting to hear how it was going for you with the LS, since I was one of the ones who recommended it so highly to you.

My results are getting better all the time!

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Brenda Z - Which Lightstim Model are you using?
I am interested in the Anti-Aging Model but also want my rosacea to diminish. Does the Anti-Aging Model do both?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I will be anxious to hear your report regarding combining C-serum use and light-stim.

Nanci at NCN is in her early 50's (53-54) and she is the one who mentioned good results with the CP's. Honesty - if you have questions regarding purchasing this (what form to get, etc and usage) I would email her. She is extremely knowledgable, helpful and so likeable.
That said - yes, no thanks to being hairy! Laughing You could ask Nanci about that issue too. She's a wealth of knowledge.

Sis
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Sis, I'll keep ya posted.

As for the CP's, maybe I'll apply it to my thinning hairline + brows...... Rolling Eyes

Brenda Z
5% products discount

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Stovetop I splurged and bought the anti aging light. I figured if it dident work then I would return as they have a great return policy. But I cant return because it works to well! I left a code in a previous post how you can get 10% off as well. If you need code I can give it to you:)
milliesfriend
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the tanda& have already seen a difference in the wrinkle on my forehead. I haven't seen asmuch around the nose to mouth lines. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in this area with any led product? This is my biggest problem, and I really don't want to have injections, but I haven't had luck with any over the counter products.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Millesfriends, have you tried facial exercises for those nose to mouth lines? I use flexffect and the vaculift for massaging that area and both are proving effective.
Toby
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
milliesfriend wrote:
I just bought the tanda& have already seen a difference in the wrinkle on my forehead. I haven't seen asmuch around the nose to mouth lines. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in this area with any led product?

You need to give it time. LED results are cumulative.. I've been using LightStim for 6 months, and have had great results altogether. Here's what it did for my NL folds;

Before....Aug 2007 (Notice NL folds + fat pockets under eye)

Today....April 13, 2008 (Notice the under eye bags are gone, pores have vanished + NL folds have totally smoothed out + jowls are almost gone)

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |