Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marcelle Skincare Products - my coworker's skincare secret
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
So I've been sitting across the aisle from my coworker who is 45 years old but has no wrinkles at all, and her skin is glowing. I've been wanting to ask her what, if anything, she uses for her skin but kept on forgetting to ask till today. She said she has been using moisturizer and toner from Marcelle for the past 20 years. She orders from Canada every 6 months. I asked her to get me some samples with her next order to try if she could. She said it would be a while since she just ordered some. I told her it wouldn't be a problem since I am still using so many things I got recently myself. Cool Anyway, I am sharing this with you all since I never heard of such a skincare company before, but seems like my co-worker is a living proof that it works, at least for her.

Another co-worker came to my cube to ask for the name of the skincare company because she overheard us talking. She said she was trying to catch Kay as she was walking by to ask for the name, but couldn't get her attention. She said she also noticed that Kay got really nice skin, and wanted to know her secret, too. So I wasn't the only one who noticed. lol

Here's the web site I found from Google for this company:

http://www.marcelle.com/English/skinCare/skinCare.cfm

Those of you in Canada - have any of you tried this skincare line? Is it worth trying?

Kay said a jar of moisturizer costs about $18 (not sure if US or Canadian, but the rate is almost one to one now, so who cares? lol). So this line seems very reasonably priced, and if it works, all the better.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Vancouver and I know this brand. I tried their eye cream (Hydra C & E) a few yrs back. It is hydrating but I feel that it won't help with fine lines and such. It's more like a preventive measure rather than a fix.

Their line doesn't seem to get too much raves or well known here in Vancouver. Their prices are reasonable. For example, around $10CAD for toners. I believe the $18 for the moisturizer is in CAD cuz it's around that.

But I always think that one's skin condition is not mainly due to skincare. There're other factors such as diet, lifestyle, or genetics too. So I can't really say if her nice skin is all due to the Marcelle products. Smile
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I live in Vancouver and I know this brand. I tried their eye cream (Hydra C & E) a few yrs back. It is hydrating but I feel that it won't help with fine lines and such. It's more like a preventive measure rather than a fix.

My daughter uses the eye cream. She's only 18 and I agree it's more for preventative measure than anything else. I tried it and it was not hyrdrating enough for me. As for their moisturizers they are ok as well. I personally don't find the products hydrating enough for my dry skin. If your have normal/combination skin you may like them. I do like their cleansing milk and toner for dry skin. Very reasonably priced and gentle on my dry skin.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:

Their line doesn't seem to get too much raves or well known here in Vancouver. Their prices are reasonable. For example, around $10CAD for toners. I believe the $18 for the moisturizer is in CAD cuz it's around that.

But I always think that one's skin condition is not mainly due to skincare. There're other factors such as diet, lifestyle, or genetics too. So I can't really say if her nice skin is all due to the Marcelle products. Smile

I agree with you. That's why I asked her to get me some samples with her next order. Very Happy My skin seems pretty picky, and even skincare products with lots of actives don't work sometimes for me.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

My daughter uses the eye cream. She's only 18 and I agree it's more for preventative measure than anything else. I tried it and it was not hyrdrating enough for me. As for their moisturizers they are ok as well. I personally don't find the products hydrating enough for my dry skin. If your have normal/combination skin you may like them. I do like their cleansing milk and toner for dry skin. Very reasonably priced and gentle on my dry skin.

Oh yeah, maybe the fact that she used the moisturizer since she was only 25 really helped her to not have any wrinkles now. So it's a great thing that your daughter starts protecting her skin early. I didn't start using any skincare product until I was 32. That was because I noticed sunspots on my cheeks for the first time.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Maria1, how's their cleansing milk in terms of makeup removal?

Did anyone try their makeup btw? I tried one of their foundation but forgot the name. It's too sheer for me.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Maria1, how's their cleansing milk in terms of makeup removal?

Did anyone try their makeup btw? I tried one of their foundation but forgot the name. It's too sheer for me.

The cleansing milk removes my make up. I don't wear too much make up though. If your wear a full coverage make up or transfer resistant make up it probably wouldn't remove the make up very well. I have tried the sheer tinted moisturizer with spf 15. I liked that product too.It gives a hint of colour and spf protection. I did wear it over my moisturizer because it wasn't hydrating enough for me. I also liked their loose translucent powder.
havana8

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
it is definitely readily available here in most drugstores, even the little ones... I am so used to seeing it that it didn't even register that I have some of their products in the cupboard! Laughing I agree with that it is reasonably priced.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried most of their Hydra C Complex E line and it was alright. The self foaming cleanser I did not like because it did not remove makeup and I suspected it was clogging my pores.
I've tried most of their makeup and it was pretty good. The foundation (True Radiance SPF 15 - Oil-free liquid make-up)was my HG until I happened upon another. The powder is really nice too.
The Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover Gel is the ONLY eye makeup remover that I can use. Anything else irritates my eyes.
I like the fact that all of their stuff is gentle and they are very picky about their ingredients.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot about the Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover Gel. It's a very good eye make up remover.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Go to your local library and take out Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter WIthout Me, the 6th edition. Theres pages and pages of reviews on Marcelle skin care and cosmetics. Some products are ok and others are duds. Its a popular line here because I see it all over the place.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Marcelle's oil-free multi defense lotion spf 15 on my neck and chest for a few years now. If I use anything with oil in it I always break out on my neck and chest - very strange. I always use this lotion on my face when we go away every year on our hot vacation as it's light and non-greasy.
I've also used...

Hydra-ComplexE Facial Cleansing Gel. Nice smelling, has little beads in it, but irritated my skin. I gave it to my mom and she loved it. I always buy her one when it's on sale.

Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream.
Nice light lotion.

Hydra-C ComplexE Eye Contour Gel-Cream
I used this eye cream for a few years. It's a very nice eye cream - light, non-greasy, helped with puffiness and wrinkles.

You can pick up Marcelle products at Shopper Drug Mart (Canada) Most of products can be bought cheap when they have a sale.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I also live in Canada and I've been using Marcelle products since I was 12 years old (I'm 27 now). I started with their oil-free multidefence SPF 15 lotion as a teenager and it was great. As I got older, I switched to the cream version. I've also used their Gentle Foaming Cleanser since I was 18 and I'm still using it. I'm not sure if Marcelle's the best skincare line for me but every time I try a new product (ie. Mac's Clease Off Oil) I get terrible reactions and I'm forced to go back to Marcelle.

I'm currently using Marcelle's Healthy Lash Mascara over my Shiseido Mascara Base and it's absolutely the best combination!
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I love thier loose powder. It's a good especially compare with the price and size. Wink Wink
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I have tried some of the skin care and makeup products when I first moved to Canada as a teenager(I'm 32 now). I don't have acne or skin problems so the products are actually not bad, but then again with normal, healthy skin, it's hard to really rate the products!

Overall, the price is very reasonable and the quality is not bad.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |