Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Stretch Marks???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
My friend gave birth 2 weeks ago, a beautiful baby girl, Olivia.
However, Olivia left her mommy with some very bad stretch marks. My friend called me this evening and she was upset & crying as she has put on extra weight and has REALLY bad, red stretch marks on her belly and legs. It was not an easy pregnancy and the baby was 6 weeks early. She did use cocca butter but it did not help very much.
I was wondering if any of you here on the forum have any advice with regards to stretch marks or products that may help reduce their apperance.
I was just reading about Strivectin?? ny thoughts?
miamani

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:16 am      Reply with quote
http://www.dermadoctor.com/Newsletter.asp?NewsletterID=69&WID=%7BB3EE50D0%2DFACE%2D4537%2D85F5%2DC6ECE1AF7F83%7D

http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp/id=10515693/iPN=1/

Just a couple of useful(?) links Smile
nikkigardens
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
My sister also got pregnant, but she was able to avoid stretch marks by applying an anti-stress lotion to your whole body, 2 to 3 times daily! She started using it when she was only on her first quarter of pregnancy. eniwei, i heard, red stretch marks are lke"newborn" stretch marks. My advise for her is to do the same as my sister. Apply Godiva Anti-Stress lotion over the stretched area as well as Godiva Licorice Whitening Lotion. I guess that's also twice or thrice daily..
Danielle Amber
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard strivectin-sd works...I think it's like 135 per tube...

Microdermabrasion works for stretch marks, and the absolute best blend I've found is Epidermix..and the camellia oil helps a lot too...I found both of these products on the same site
getskinappeal.com I know of a couple people who have used it for stretch marks and it worked great. I agree though that she should start with something right away (the sooner the better)
if she wants to prevent future wrinkles -or erase the fine lines she may have - she can use it for that too! That'll cheer her up!

She's lucky she has you as a friend...

Danielle
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if those advice will work since you've already delivered, but I've heard that 100% pure Wheatgerm Oil (available at health food stores) works wonders for stretch marks. And if you mix the Wheatgerm Oil with cocoa butter and pure Vitamin E oil, the results are even more spectular (smooth it into your breasts and tummy at least twice per day). My sis-in-law has gone through six pregnancies, and she's used the above product/s and she doesn't have a single stretch mark -- the woman can even wear a bikini and you'd never know she'd ever been pregnant just by looking at her!!!
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Bio Oil is supposed to be good for stretch marks.
You can find out more info at their site.

http://www.bio-oil.info/

Bio-Oil contains Vitamin A and Vitamin E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract.

A friend of mine used it on her belly throughout her pregnancy and it helped to prevent stretch marks.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:10 am      Reply with quote
what about that mederma stuff sold in drugstores? avon has one too!! I like their cellulite creams, haven't tried the stretch mark one
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I think if the stretch marks are very deep, there's no guarantee that any topical products can produce significant results. Only laser surgery can do that. Stretch marks are to some extent hereditary and how you respond to topical treatments really depend on your genes. That's why Strivectin works for some but doesn't work for others. But it's worth a shot.
Caspers Mum

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
I was wondering if any of you here on the forum have any advice with regards to stretch marks or products that may help reduce their apperance.
I was just reading about Strivectin?? ny thoughts?

StriVectin: we sell a lot of this both at the spa itself and on-line. Most people are using this on their face now, but it was originally created for the body. Personally, I don't know if it truly does work, and the verdict has yet to come in.

However, please note that this product ought not be used by pregnant or nursing mothers, or those who are trying to conceive. It is unknown what StriVectin's transdermal effects are on the a fetus or if this is transmitted through breast milk.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
earich - I agree with you on that stretch mark are somewhat genetics (I think there are scientific proves out there)... Sadly to say, some people just happen to have a fair share of the "better" gene... Sad

However, I do know having a good exercise routine, esp the abdominal area before/during/after the pregnancy, does play an important role on reducing the appearance of stretch mark... The skin is more firmly elastic and more "stretchable" Wink

Some of the ladies I know, also increase their body cream routine to several times a day (or whenever they think about it), emphasizing the belly area to ensure its well-hydrated condition... And guess what?!?! They are the one who never inquire anything about the infamous stretch marks, because they have NONE!!

I guess these info come in handy for future use, in case I do decide to carry any little moshimoshi Laughing

In the meantime, I haven't really heard any good results from specific products for stretch mark from anyone I know... (yet I keep babbling...) Sorry Embarassed

If I ever do, I'll definitely post my share of it!!
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've used Stri Vectin and loved it!!! You have to be extremely diligent and use it 3 times a day - anything less and it won't work. The only problem is it is very costly and I only ventured on one tube. I would have probably needed 2 more tubes to get the job done, and would probably continue having to use it to maintain. I think that it reduces the appearance moreso then completely gets rid of stretchmarks. Anyhow, the stretch marks were becoming less and less visible as I used it. They're still there though, but some are not as bad as before. It's not a one time deal - you've got to keep at it.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing clinically proven (besides lasers, which can't even erase them) is Retin A. Unfortunately, (for those who's stretch marks are white) Retin A is only beneficial if applied when the marks are still reddened. Since you said your friend's marks are quite red, she should talk to her doctor about Retin A. (Not retinol)

It does not work on white marks.

hths and congrats to her.
Roisin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:59 am      Reply with quote
A 50ml jar of Vitamin E cream mixed with six drops of lavendar essential oil and six drops of mandarin essential oil is supposed to help stretchmarks. You apply in a firm circular motion on affected area morning and evening. The only downside is that it takes about a month for results to be seen.

Hope that Helps!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Tell your friend, congratulations on the birth of her daughter....Olivia is such a beautiful name..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Roisin wrote:
A 50ml jar of Vitamin E cream mixed with six drops of lavendar essential oil and six drops of mandarin essential oil is supposed to help stretchmarks. You apply in a firm circular motion on affected area morning and evening. The only downside is that it takes about a month for results to be seen.

Hope that Helps!

I've been reading about essential oils in creams for use on the face too, Do you have anything to share for facial wrinkles...

And, while I'm asking questions, am I right in assuming that you do need to mix the oils with a "carrier" or they might irritate the skin?

How would an essential oil preparation affect the eye area as some oils don't do well around the eye?

Share with us!

JUDY

5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
aloe propolis creme
Roisin
5% products discount

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:43 am      Reply with quote
hi Judy

The cream works as the carrier as far as I know. Afraid I don't have anything for facial wrinkles I could do with some tips myself!!

Roisin
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
IMO for the face & ageing you can't beat frankincense - hey it was an ingredient for embalming! Cool
Rose otto is also very nice to use.

If your skin/eyes can't tolerate oil then mixing with a base cream/lotion can work also.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |