Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Blepharoplasty--What to expect?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lhayes1976
5% products discount

Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am having my uppers and lowers done on June 9. I'm also having a brow lift on my right eye to correct some drooping. I am starting to have doubts--not so much fearful of the actually surgery, but the results. I'm afraid I may be expecting too much. I have extreme bags--especially in the morning.
Has anyone had this surgery?? Will my bags disappear? I will be so upset if my bags are still there.
I really don't want to look younger, just rested. I am so tired of people asking me if I am tired. I'm not--just look that way because of these eyes.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I had uppers and lowers; had not very good results with lowers but I got rid of some lose skin there, which I'm happy about. The whole thing was an ordeal, but I finally had a revision for one eye and my eyes are both back in shape. My oculoplastic surgeon told me it was not my first plastic surgeon's fault, it was the way my body heals scars.
I could only recommend you to have a good talk with your surgeon about possible complications and to take into account how you heal in terms of scarring; I develop thick scars all the time. My scars on the lowers (inner eyelid scars) were pulling down my eyes down as they were healing and I developed a mild case of "ectropion". Not everybody develops that. Ask him if the surgery will likely change the shape of your eye, which is very important.
Ask for pictures of previous surgeries done by him for that procedure.
lhayes1976
5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry about your complications. I never really thought about scaring. My scars do heal flat though. My PS does a little stitch from the upper to lower lid to prevent bottom drooping. The nurse practicioner told me that stitch will look like a little hair in front of my eye and will probably drive me bonkers for those few days I will have it in. I went to three PS for consultations and he's the only one who does this.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Are you awake or put to sleep for this?

I had surgery but only on 1 eye years ago to fix a minor muscle problem.

I was awake for that,but they use some needles to freeze your nerves around your eye or whatever for less pain.

I think you also have to use some kind of eye drop-but it was so long ago I forget.

Then I know they have to slice the top of your eyelid open,but they do that where it is not too obvious...

I still have a "line" kind of where my eyelid was cut open,but unlessI toldyou you can not even see it at all.

You will also look like you were punched in the eyes a few times for a few weeks, so I would get some nice sunglasses.

I was also told you were not supposed to wear makeup and contact lenses for a few weeks?

I also know sometimes your muscles have "memory" and your eye will eventually go back to how it was before.
lhayes1976
5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I will be put to sleep-- a tiny bit nervous about that. I've always had a droop in my right eye, but it's really worse than when I was younger. I'm 51. I don't want perfect symetry, just a little lift.
I talked to a girl in my GP office, and she had the surgery. She loves her result, but she does suffer from dry eye now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will not get it.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |