Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
: Review: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for 2 months now - I absolutely love this product. There is wonderful radiant glow to my skin that I have never seen before and everyone has commented on how great my skin looks. I use this scrub along with my Dermalogica Deluxe Facial Brush (this is another review) and with my Yonka cleanser (previous review). This is a very gentle and effective exfoliate. This exfoliate is very addictive and at first I was using it every day, but after a few weeks I noticed that I was stripping my skin of oils and had to back off. I now use it 3-4 times a week. This product really does what it's supposed to do, it brightens and clarifies your skin. I highly recommend this product. Ask for a sample with your next EDS order. I guarantee you'll love it to.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use a dermalogica moisturizer too?
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
My sister uses the microfolient and loves it--I have to try it!
Mabsy

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
This is one of my favourite products. It's not only fantastic, it also lasts a long time. When I pair this with a vitamin C serum I really see results in terms of speeding up the healing of various marks (after being naughty and squeezing pimples etc). I've used it on and off for a few years (probably since sometime in 2003) and still go back to this for how smooth it makes my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have such great results with the microfoliant. I really wanted to like it, but I found that my skin was strangely bumpy and uneven when I was using it. I was also using the Dermologica Cleansing Gel at the same time, so maybe it was the gel? I still have half a bottle of each, at some point I'll have to try them each one at a time.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Northerngirl wrote:
I've been using it for 2 months now - I absolutely love this product. There is wonderful radiant glow to my skin that I have never seen before and everyone has commented on how great my skin looks. I use this scrub along with my Dermalogica Deluxe Facial Brush (this is another review) and with my Yonka cleanser (previous review). This is a very gentle and effective exfoliate. This exfoliate is very addictive and at first I was using it every day, but after a few weeks I noticed that I was stripping my skin of oils and had to back off. I now use it 3-4 times a week. This product really does what it's supposed to do, it brightens and clarifies your skin. I highly recommend this product. Ask for a sample with your next EDS order. I guarantee you'll love it to.

Hard to believe that after three plus years hearing about this product I have not tried it. Thanks for reminding me to put it on my wish list Wink .

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Northerngirl for sharing.
I was unsure about this product when I got sample size from EDS. I worried it would be a bit harsh on my skin. However after trying it, I love it. Wink
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
One of the best beauty products EVER Very Happy
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
Do you use a dermalogica moisturizer too?

Hi Jenw - No I don't use any dermalogica moisturizers. I just received my EDS order yesterday and I'm going to be using Yonka cream 28.
pipilu
5% products discount

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica is one of the brand I would like to try. Thank you all for providing more info about it.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I tired this product b/c of all of the raves, but it did absolutely nothing for my skin.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this product due to all the raves quite a while back, but I was so disappointed with it when I used it. It irritated and dried out my skin horribly. For some reason, I never got around to throwing it out and recently I started using it again, but this time around I'm only using it twice a week. So far, it's been working ok. I don't find it as drying (although it's still slightly drying) and not irritating anymore. I think it's the combination of using it less often and that fact that my skin has calmed down considerably. I'm gonna finish up the bottle that I have, but don't think I'll repurchase though as I'm not sure how much exfoliation it actually provides.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I think this stuff is great. It definitely brightens. I just use it now and again...and have been doing so for about 5yrs i think. That's a looong time for me to be loyal to a product. When I did use it everyday it was too drying for me. A bottle goes a long way. Very Happy
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
fletch_lives_on wrote:
I think this stuff is great. It definitely brightens. I just use it now and again...and have been doing so for about 5yrs i think. That's a looong time for me to be loyal to a product. When I did use it everyday it was too drying for me. A bottle goes a long way. Very Happy

It is very mild, not agressive at all (at least for my skin).
I was used to the real scrub creams, that really made my skin pink and glowing. But I know you shouldn't use those scrubs too often and certainly not every day. So two months ago I switched to D. Daily Microfoliant. The first week I was disappointed, thought it did nothing for my skin, but that was because I compared it to the agressive scrubs. After using it daily for two weeks I began to see that glow, and now I LOVE it, because it is so soft and goes over your skin like velvet, but no matter how hard you scrub (again, at least for my skin), it never irritates your skin like a lot of other exfoliators (like microfibers cloths, glycolic peels etc) do when you use them too hard or too long.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi, guys,

My exfoliator is H2O and have been using it once a while for almost two years and finally it is finishing up. Now ready to get a new one.

This one sounds interesting, but I am not sure whether it is suitable for my skin: combo, only a little unnoticeable sunburn on my left cheeck. You think this will be a good one for me?

Also I am always scared of exfoliating too much of my skin since I heard they actually will get rid of the healthy skin cell and oil. Is that true?

Thanks. Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use it once or twice a week and my skin feels very soft afterwards.
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the micofoliant about a month and a half ago and I adore it! I have very oily skin, and use it every day after cleansing, and I love the smooth look and feel it gives my skin.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have had mine for the longest time. The only thing I have to remember is to rinse well or my skin feels dry.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I like this product very much~ It definitely has brighten up my skin! I usually use three times a week!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
I use it once or twice a week and my skin feels very soft afterwards.

Well, not anymore... After adding Retin-A to my routine, this product does absolutely nothing for my skin Sad
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product, but I will say you have to keep at it at least a few weeks before you discount it. I also had some red bumps at first, but after about 1-2 weeks they stopped and now my skin looks brighter (esp under my eyes) and it's much less rough. I also use Dermalogica special cleansing gel (before the microfoliant) and the I use Dermalogica toner and moisturizer and I love the way they all work together. In the winter, I use the gentle cream exfoliant once a week to really get rid of dry skin. HTH!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Can it be used with Retin-A
Lou
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
DId you find this products dried your skin out?? Do your pores look smaller and cleaer? Maybe I should try it again...I love exfoliators!!!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
Can it be used with Retin-A
Lou

It can be used with Retin-A. It's very gentle and I never found it very exfoliating, but I guess it depends on the skin as so many people seem to love it.

Retin-A doesn't make me peel or irritate my skin, but if it did this might be a nice product to use for that as it really is very gentle.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think this dries out your skin as long as you use it before a moisturizer. I use it in the shower right after I wash my face, then I put on moisturizer right afterward on my very clean skin. Since I always use moisturizer, I'm not sure if it'd be drying without it, but in winter, why wouldn't you use something, even if you have oily skin?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |