Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How long should I wait to see the full effect of dietary fat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used to always take my omega 3, but I never really sat down to realize that I was deficient in fat all together. I got less than 5 grams of fat a day, when the RDA is 65 grams!

I started to meet those requirements 3 weeks ago from today (exactly), by eating 5 servings of healthy fats a day : from olive oil and peanuts. (75 grams, most come from monosaturated fats, about 15 come from linoleic acid (good omega 6)).

How long does it take for my body to see the full effects of not being deficient in fat anymore? Is 3 weeks enough, or will it take longer do you think?

I ask because it's going very well, just not sure if this is the ceiling in terms of what to expect, or will it keep getting better, and if so, then about for how long Smile.

The biggest difference I've noted so far is that my skin is very nourished, because my sebum feels healthier, I am more hydrated skin wise, and my hair is alot better, a lot!

Thanks!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I read that usually you could see results from using supplements after 6 weeks, but if you're seeing good results in just 3 weeks, that's great! Congrats!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Good for you! It's so nice to see that ridiculous no fat, all fat, phobia disappearing. I'm curious though as to why peanuts, and what type they are? Do you use raw almonds and walnuts as well?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Good for you! It's so nice to see that ridiculous no fat, all fat, phobia disappearing. I'm curious though as to why peanuts, and what type they are? Do you use raw almonds and walnuts as well?

I know, especially after how the media portrays all fat as bad, I was naturally instilled to believe all fats were bad. After becoming educated about how not all fats are bad and what they do, I began benefiting.

They are just regular unsalted peanuts, the planters kind. I figure that if I need about 10 to 15 grams of linoleic acid (omega 6)and the rest of my RDA in omega 3 and monosatured fats, a good start would be peanuts since they contain 4 grams of omega 6, and the rest monosaturated fats and a bit of sat fats Smile. I then get the rest from olive oil as well.

I don't use any other kind of nuts since they are much more expensive and can get pricey. Sad
EyesWithoutaface
5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Do some dietary oils help moisturize and keep skin hydrated? I've read reports of omega 3 fish oils improving peoples skin. Udo Erasmus claims his Udo's oil made his skin supple and wrinkle free. Dr. Gundry raves about drinking a liter of olive oil a week, and looks good for his age.

Has anyone noticed direct skin improvements by adding specific oils to there diet? Which ones?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |