Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I need to buy a new eyecream (I used lancome) and need some new inputs! Any recommendations? (I am 30 years old and have quite dry skin)I also have some quite heavy lines in my front (acually much more there than around my eyes). How can I get "rid" of them? I use Dr. Hausckas product's at the time
Mabsy

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:54 am      Reply with quote
To minimise the lines I would opt for a product with vitamin C. I don't really trust creams with vit C in them (stability reasons) and I would therefore go for a proper vit C serum for the eye area.

This, however, is not going to moisturise the eye area (quite the contrary) so you will need a good eye cream or an eye cream plus a B5 or hyaluronic acid gel. In terms of eye creams, I *love* my Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream and also really like the Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream (which seems to be more moisturising). I am also trying the DDF EPF Eye Serum C3 at the moment and quite liking that. Again, not so sure about the stability or concentration of the vit C in it though.

Btw, to minimise sun damage (leading to wrinkles) make sure you incorporate an SPF into your routine and either get an eye cream with SPF in it or extend your sunblock to the eye area.

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Decleor Vitaroma Wrinkle Prevention Eye Contour Cream from EDS, here's the hype from the website..

This cream is the highly effective combination of an advanced phyto-aromatic formula enhanced with Bio-Retinol capsules to replenish the delicate eye area with the hydration it needs. This fine, velvety cream with its incredibly silky texture combines 3 INGREDIENTS to provide 3 TARGETED ACTIONS:
• diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, prevents premature ageing,
• instantly redefines the eye area,
• protects from internal and external aggressions and allows you to apply make-up immediately due to its matte finish.
From the very first application, the eye area will regain its youthful appeal.

I really like it...

Also I've just got the Gatineau focus pen for targeting wrinkles. I've only used it a few times so can't really comment yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was a devotee of La Prairie Eye Creme, but my mother-in-law tried this "Super Moisturizing Eye Treatment" by Hylunia. After using it for about a month, her crows feet were softened greatly, and then in about another month or two, they were almost gone. She looks 10 years younger! So I got it and have been using it for a while and I LOVE it! If I was stranded on an island and was only allowed one skincare product, this would be it! It is very moisturizing, and has worked wonders on my eyes! I will definitely be buying it again when I run out. What I like about it too is that it is preservative-free, fragrance-free, and has no dyes or petroleum by-products in it.
The ingredient list is below is case you are interested:

Colliodal Silver, Hyaluronic Acid Solution, Glycerine, Glycasamino Glycan and Sodium Chondritia Sulfate, Chitosan, Pycnogenol from Grape Seeds (OPC), Arnica and Calendula Extract, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Hexyl Olive Ester (from Olive Oil), Hydrogenated Soy and Cotton Seed Oil, Beta Glucan, Polawax, Carbomers, Retinol (Vitamin A), Sesame Seed Oil, Turmeric Root Extract, Glyceryl Monosterate, Squalene (from Oilve Seed), Triethanolamine, Superoxide Dismutase, Allantoin.
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:54 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your help. Regarding the vitamin C serum.. Is it ok to apply it during the night (for the moment I am using Hauschkas product and use the normalising oil under my daycream.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Question for those of you in the know on Vit. C creams. hmm

I THINK some of you have said that Vit. C creams can be drying? I read yesterday that the area around the eyes is the dryest area of the body and therefore the first to wrinkle the worst.

Wouldn't it be damaging putting a drying cream on the eyes? Confused

BTW, don't remember the cream, but those ingredients in a previous post sound yummy and should be very good for the eye area since there are lots of anti-oxidants and that helps reverse aging, so should be very good for the eyes. That wrinkling is from free radicals that age the skin and anti-oxidants fight free radical damage. Yay!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Vitamin C can be drying (and irritating) to certain sensitive skin types. And the skin in the eye area produces no sebum for natural moisturization. So the only moisture it gets is what it absorbs topically. That's why it's important to use a very moisturizing eye creme in addition to any Vitamin C treatment products.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:48 am      Reply with quote
becks - you can use it at night but you do get more benefit (protection for your skin) when you use it in the morning.

Judy - I don't use creams with vit C (or at least I do not believe that they are stable and effective) but I do use vit C serums. I find them quite drying on my skin (most leave my skin feeling tight right after application, apart from the Vivier and CellularSkinRx ones), which is why I use stuff like the Skinceuticals B5 gel and Eye Bright serum on top.

Mabsy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I am loving OkuSil HexaPeptide Intensive Under Eye Serum. It has Argireline in it and lots of other great ingredients. I have been using it for approximately 2 weeks and have noticed a dramatic change in my eye area. I put it under my brow also. Just have to stay away from eye lid.

It has helped smooth out my bags and firm my hooded upper eye area. Fine lines look much better too.

I am very pleased with AlphaDerma's whole line of product.

Winnie Very Happy
filipina14303

Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Yes, Vitamin C can be drying (and irritating) to certain sensitive skin types. And the skin in the eye area produces no sebum for natural moisturization. So the only moisture it gets is what it absorbs topically. That's why it's important to use a very moisturizing eye creme in addition to any Vitamin C treatment products.

Hi i just read your message and iam curious about that super moisturising eye treatment by hylunia...Where can i get it and is it a gel type or cream???LOve to hear your reply...Thanks:)
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
filipina14303 try this.....the eye creme is at the end if u scroll down.

http://www.lindsayhousemedicalspa.com/products/emi_products.htm

here is a link
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |