Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Loss of a Beloved pet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Im feeling awful just now after the recent loss of my beloved dog. I am still in shock as it was really sudden. so just though i would do a post in his memory in the hope it makes me feel better
Crying or Very sad

Gizmo my chihuahua was my first ever dog. I remember begging my mum and dad for a pet dog and one day when i came home from school i almost sat on the little fur ball sitting of the sofa cause he was so tiny. i was 7/8 at the time and now 12 years later he had truly became the best friend every one says dogs can be. every evening coming home from school he would come bounding along the hall to greet me and that didnt change over the years as i left school and started university. he really was unique and had a character like no other dog ive met. even in his old age he had a certain level of cheekiness and mischief about him and he was always falling asleep with his tongue hanging out Laughing

at the beginning of the year however when he was taken to the vet for kennel cough they discovered a heart murmur which meant he had been on daily heart tablets ever since but the vet assured us it was nothing serious and nothing to be concerned about. well as it turned out it must have been much more serious than we thought as he woke early one morning seeming agitated, even with petting and cuddles he wouldnt settle. since he was panting we let him out in the garden for air but when we didnt hear him responding to the barks of other neighborhood dogs (very uncharacteristic)i knew something was wrong and that was him gone - heart attack but he still had his cheeky grin til the very last minute.
I just wanted to post this in the memory of my best friend who was consider a member of the family not merely a pet as i am sure other pet owners can attest to Sad

20 Years old, normal -combo skin , breakouts now limited to hormonal pimple on jaw or chin IF AT ALL! - using Liz Earle , EpidermxII, SBC gels and Alpha-H balancing and triple action cleansers: Skin is well behaved at the mo Smile with Alpha-H products my pores are cleaner than they have been in years: bye bye blackheads!
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
*hugs* to you.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.
Crying or Very sad
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
my deepest sympathies for the loss of your beloved little Gizmo. Be comforted in knowing you gave him the best life ever, surrounded by a family who loved him.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
So very sorry for the loss of your adorable dog.

My heart goes out to you.

Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Awww thank you everyone for your kind words it means alot to me

20 Years old, normal -combo skin , breakouts now limited to hormonal pimple on jaw or chin IF AT ALL! - using Liz Earle , EpidermxII, SBC gels and Alpha-H balancing and triple action cleansers: Skin is well behaved at the mo Smile with Alpha-H products my pores are cleaner than they have been in years: bye bye blackheads!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
What an adorable little sweetheart.

I know how devastating it is to lose a beloved pet. I also know that nothing anyone can say will make the pain go away at the moment. It's just something you have to go through - but it does get easier in time. Not that you ever forget them, of course.

In time, it will be of great comfort to you that the end came quickly for your little Gizmo. He obviously lived a wonderful life and it's far better for things to happen fast than for them to suffer over a long time.

In the meantime, my heart goes out to you for your loss and the grief you're feeling.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Natz87,

I am so sorry for your loss. Gismo is adorable.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear this.

Hugs
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts are with you they become like part of your family and love us unconditionally. Its so nice to hear of someone so young loving animals so much and what a good long life he had what fun you must have had growing up together try and think of those times when you are really sad.
I adore dogs and always have one but you have a way to go yet.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanx again everyone you lot really are so sweet and thank you winnie for the beautiful message it really was lovely.

tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
My heart goes out to you Natz87 Sad My yellow lab, who's almost 12, is like my fourth child. I never knew it was possible to love an animal as much as I love my dog. I think people who care about animals are just nicer people in general.

The sorrow that you're feeling now is probably as deep as the love you felt while Gizmo was with you. I'm sure Gizmo could feel it too. I just wish I could give you a hug.

I know when my dog passes I'll have to be on some serious medication Rolling Eyes

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
So sorry about your darling dog. We have 2 and they are really part of the family.

The photos are sweet dogs really are unconditional love. Hugs.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, what a cutie - Natz, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what I'll do when my furry friend of 18 years passes on.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone wow athena123 18 years what a long life! Things are slowly getting better though still miss him loads the hardest thing is coming home and him not being there to greet me Sad I guess i always knew his day would come but when you become so attached to a pet i guess you kinda convince yourself its not gonna happen for a long while yet so its a shock when it does.

cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
What a sweet little dog ... so very sorry for your loss!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
awww thank you cathy_jean

linder
5% products discount

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our little Nikki. They are so much a part of your family. I found this web site has helped me a great deal.www.angelanimals.net Linder
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the link to that site linder i shall have to have a browse in my free time it looks really interesting , thanx

edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Natz87, I feel your pain and understand it perfectly. I lost my best friend of 12 years 3 years ago, on Thanksgiving eve and never really got over it.

That is a great website Linder, it helped me a lot too.

I am so sorry Natz87...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |