Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How to lose wieght with out facial sagging?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I need to lose about 45lbs and I'm worried about loss of fat from my face and sagging that I have seen in some people after losing that much weight. I am hoping that at 30 years old I am still young enough for this not to happen too much but I would still like to know if anyone has any tips on how to avoid this if possible?

Thanks in advance!

Pandora x
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Facial Flex (regular before & after for website)...it's a muscle building program for face and neck. I've been doing it for 2 months as preventative maintenance. Lot's of info on their boards.

Jen
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Also, try to slow weight slowly and consistently. I lost quite a bit of weight (30 pounds on a 5 foot 1 inch frame) over a three year period. Could I have lost it more quickly? Almost certainly. But by losing more gradually, I avoided sagging and loose skin and I think I improved my chances of keeping it off long term. (It's been four years now since I reached target...so far, so good.)
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Take good supplements as well, especially vit C ester, Omegas and MSM. My skin looks like I have botox since I've been taking vit C and MSM seriously. I run regularly and before I can see face shakes/bounces up and down when I run, now ever so slightly. I've been taking vit C ester 2g/day and 3g MSM daily for the past few months.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I need to lose about 45lbs and I'm worried about loss of fat from my face and sagging that I have seen in some people after losing that much weight. I am hoping that at 30 years old I am still young enough for this not to happen too much but I would still like to know if anyone has any tips on how to avoid this if possible?

Thanks in advance!

Pandora x

A few years ago I lost 20 lbs. I am a lot older than you. I found EDS during that time. My body looked great but my face appeared 10 years older. Here is what I did to restore the elasticity in my skin:

Alpha Derma CE
Mineral Prep
Vit. C Serum
Facial Flex

If I ever had to loss a large amount of weight again, I would take it off very SLOW. Take MSM and Vit. C during the dieting. For your body I recommend body (dry) brushing daily. Do exercise and be sure you go on a well balance diet.

Good luck Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
this is all really good advice--thanks!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Also, try to slow weight slowly and consistently. I lost quite a bit of weight (30 pounds on a 5 foot 1 inch frame) over a three year period. Could I have lost it more quickly? Almost certainly. But by losing more gradually, I avoided sagging and loose skin and I think I improved my chances of keeping it off long term. (It's been four years now since I reached target...so far, so good.)

I certainly agree with you on that because that is what I did. When it came to beauty products, I did a lot of moisturizing so that the skin can bounce back.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your advice Smile .
I have just bought The True Radiance Youth Serum which looks similer to the Alpha Derma CE mentioned, this also have Vit C as well.
I am very keen to try the Facial Flex although I wasn't very convinced by the before and after images on the site. As the before images we taken in bad lighting and no make up and the after ones have make up and better photograpy. Still people do speak highly of it.
I have some Vit C and MSM powder which I am really bad at remembering to take but knowing it could help with this should inspire me to take it everyday.

I am not really going on any special weight loss diet just going to eat really healthy and exercise every day, nothing crazy. Will not be starving myself so I imagine the weight should come off at a rate my body can handle.

Thanks again for your advice everyone, I'll let you know how I progress.

Pandora x
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I hope in the next three or four years from now, that you will remember to come back to your post to let us know how things went for your skin. Smile

I know you will reach your goal and remember that it is a change of lifestyle for you.
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to add FlaxSeed Oil and Omega 3-6-9s make my skin a lot more resilient -- I find it makes a noticeable difference when I take these while slimming, my face looks a lot brighter and healthier
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Jogging causes facial sagging and boobs to sag,(also knee problems)ever seen a serious runners face(you are in the sun too-that doesnt help). Stay indoors and use low impact exercise like elliptical bikes that are easy on your whole body.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |