Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Babor Selection Ultimate Care cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
My rating: 4/5 Smile Smile Smile Smile
50ml usually costs around AUD$120

Excellent product, better than manufacturer's claims for combination skins, but doesn't score a perfect mark because it's not 'magic', has no spf and is packaged in a jar.

Sometimes marketed as a night cream, I use it for day because it's a terrific makeup base.

Medium-weight cream, with very slight yeasty smell under otherwise very pleasant fragrance. I was very hungover when I first tried it, but from initial application it transformed my pasty complexion to a velvet texture with a slight glow! Skin generally looked more even in colour. Handled makeup with no pilling and slight mattifying effect. Definitely hydrated, and also seemed to plump out the skin a little, reducing fine expression and dehydration lines. The thing that surprised me most was how smooth my skin looked under makeup, too. Better than the initial effect gained with Laura Mercier primer. The feeling of hydration and ‘velvetyness’ lasts well through the day, without any significant swing to dryness or oiliness (as my skin is inclined to do when it has a mind to).
These effects continued for around a year of use. To me, the effects didn't increase over time, but after a month or so, I started getting an unusual number of really positive comments on my skin for texture and glow. Best of all, my skin didn't break out, which it is inclined to do if a product is too rich.

Of course, I'd add in a few other products from time to time, but used this consistently, and most often with no other nourishing product but eye cream. And I'm a bit slack when it comes to night regime. Decided to take a break from this one to try some creams and serums with serious vitamin actives in them, but started to break out, so I've gone back to this. It’s probably my favourite all-purpose day cream.

I sometimes use this in conjunction with the companion serum - will post separately on that one.

I bought this on a beautician's recommendation that this product was the best day cream in the Babor line. Babor’s packaging claims it is an ‘effective reactivating care cream for supporting the skin’s own regeneration. Suitable for all skin types.’ If you cut through the meaningless blurb, it really doesn’t claim to do much at all. It certainly exceeded any expectations set there!

My verdict - a great day cream for anyone with combo skin and a few fine lines, particularly if you want to wear makeup and like a glowing, velvety effect to the skin from first application.

Ingredients: water, corn germ oil, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, macadamia terrifolia seed oil, wheat germ extract, cetearyl alcohol, butylene glycol, shea butter fruit, beeswax, octyldodecanol, tocpheryl acetate, yeast extract, panthenol, glutathione, mannan, sodium hyaluronate, sunflower seed extract, allantoin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, pantolactone, trilaurin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, isopropyl myristate, fragrance, carbomer, citric acid toromethamine, sodium cetearyl sulfate, C12-15 pareth-12, alpha-isomethyl ionone, linalool, geraniol, eugenol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, potassium sorbate, sorbic acid

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Babor Selection Ultimate Care Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz.)
Babor Selection Ultimate Care Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz.)

This luxurious treatment cream made from Champagne yeast supplies moisture and seals it in to the epidermis. Precious lipids protect the skin and strengthen the skins own barrier properties. Ultimate Care promotes cell renewal, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and leaves the skin feeling soft and supple.

bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Another really good review. It is nice to see reviews on some of the products that EDS sells which are rarely mentioned. I had never considered the Babor line but this review temps me to have a closer look at the line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review. I was hoping someone would start posting Barbor reviews as most of them are not very recent. I have a couple of their products on my wish list.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |