Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lip treatment advice?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi - was hoping some of you out there have some advice for lip treatments. For years I was obsessed with getting my skin in shape, and well, since I'm relatively happy with my skin now, I've started noticing other things: namely my lips. Eek. They get dry in the winter weather, and look not-so-great. I've also noticed my lips don't look as "full" as they did back in my 20's, plus I'm noticing a TON of little vertical lines on them now.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this? What's a good lip treatment? So far I've only been slathering on lip balm, but I want something better that can help with the little lines and fullness?
helen_liu74
5% products discount

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:23 am      Reply with quote
a recommendation : besides lip balm, you can try honey on your lips and paste a clean plastic wrap on it for several minutes . Just try it !
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lips2Kiss. If you follow Kandis's instructions and faithfully use the products, you will be happy with your lips. You can check out the Huge thread in the product reviews!
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
please attention: use lip stick no more than three time very day. sometime also can try some oil or honey for natural protection
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice everyone! rileygirl, wow, the Lip2Kiss looks so tempting but so expensive! @_@ I'll see how tempted I am next month when my bank book recovers a bit from the holidays.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
It isn't as bad as it seems, maiea. I am not sure how some people were going through the product so fast. You need just a tiny amount, and that kit lasted me probably 3 months. Then, you just replenish what you need! Good luck if you try it.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
what kind of results did you see with the system rileygirl and after how long?.......have you stopped using lipstick/lip balms altogether ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
drink more water
try lip infusion or lip plumper products
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
what kind of results did you see with the system rileygirl and after how long?.......have you stopped using lipstick/lip balms altogether ?

Simran, I got a lot of plumping of my lips! Laughing I actually started using the L2K for my horrible lip lines above my lip. Unfortunately, while the L2K system helped somewhat with those, they did not go away. But, my lips plumped up really quickly. I think it was like 1 month into the system and they were looking really well. I used the system for 8 months in total faithfully every night. I occasionally use the products now but not every night anymore. I do use lipstick, but it is rare use, and I do not use lip balms! If you go to the L2K site, I am in the photos section in the "40-50" group and I am the client bottom left, under "44, Florida". You can get a good idea of the plumping I had with the system. My lips still look pretty good even not using the system every night. Hope that helps!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Riley Girl - I know you were asking on the ZO thead about lip products. Are you looking for a different type of product than L2K??? I used L2K also for about 6 months but started peeling and peeling like crazy - wouldn't stop. And I was faithful - with the blowdryer and everything. Candace tried to help me but I guess it wasn't for me - but my lips looked very, very plump in the mornings. I did like it but the money and the time and the continued peeling did me in.

I started to use Candessance (I think I can say this now since she's no longer in Biz) lip serum and it was outstanding - wish I could find more of that stuff.

What are you using now? Thanks Sis
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 am      Reply with quote
The absolute best ever lip treatment is Valmont Lip Repair. The only product I have ever used that does not cause the lips to go dry if you stop using it but the container lasts nearly nine months so it is good value.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
The absolute best ever lip treatment is Valmont Lip Repair. The only product I have ever used that does not cause the lips to go dry if you stop using it but the container lasts nearly nine months so it is good value.

Wo, amazing. And VALMONT always can give us surprises. I will be next fan of this lip treatment. The best lip product I ever used is the lip balm by URIAGE.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
The best way to prevent your lips drying out in winter is drinking a cup of warm water in the morning.I have tried this for years.It never let me down. Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Riley Girl - I know you were asking on the ZO thead about lip products. Are you looking for a different type of product than L2K??? I used L2K also for about 6 months but started peeling and peeling like crazy - wouldn't stop. And I was faithful - with the blowdryer and everything. Candace tried to help me but I guess it wasn't for me - but my lips looked very, very plump in the mornings. I did like it but the money and the time and the continued peeling did me in.

I started to use Candessance (I think I can say this now since she's no longer in Biz) lip serum and it was outstanding - wish I could find more of that stuff.

What are you using now? Thanks Sis

Hi, Sis! Yes, I really am looking for a different type of product than L2K. I am really more after something to work on these darn lip lines above my lip than anything else, honestly. I am impatiently waiting for a lip product from ZO and hoping it will be outstanding! In the meantime, I really don't use much on my lips. I have been using the "tip" Septembergirl gave about applying whatever C you use on your face to your lips (skinmedica at the moment for me). Other than that, I have just been using Aquaphor. I am always on the lookout for a great lip product, though!
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl: wow, that's a huge difference in your lips with the system. Have you tried copper peptides at all for your upper lip lines?

For now since I'm still a bit broke after all the spending over Christmas - I decided to see if there was anything I had laying around that I could use. I looked over at the Skin Biology forum and it turns out a lot of people have been using copper peptides on their lips as well! I've been using this for the past 2-3 days, and so far so good... the dryness/lines on my lips looks to be less deep. (Before sleeping: I exfolate using a scrub, wash off, put on a drop of CP serum, once it's sunk in, a drop of HA serum, once that has sunk in, a bit of emu oil to cover. I wash this all off in the morning before brushing my teeth.)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have only used the CPx2 mixed with Retin A on my lip lines directly after a few of my dermarolling sessions. I will say I really peeled above my upper lip when I used the 2 mixed. Otherwise, I tried the CP serum for about 3 months and I had nothing in the way of results (good nor bad!). Keep us posted on your use of the CP's on your lips, maiea!
frankmcs
5% products discount

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
1. Drink enough water or juice every day;
2. Use lip balm;
3. Use lip mask or eye mask on my lip twice one week.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I like LipFusion XL from Fusion Beauty.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/fusion-beauty-lipfusion-x-p_5000.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm telling ya Aquaphor can do it all. I used to have what I call "kool aid" mouth in the winter, that red ring around the lips and major chapped lips but my esthetician recommended Aquaphor and it is great. I haven't had any trouble all winter.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
You could try By Terry lip balm, it really works well, not just a moisturizer for the lips.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I always find that products go on more effectively when exfoliating first, this applies to skin and lips as well. I like taking a soft toothbrush and lightly buffing the lips before putting lip treatments on. They go on much smoother this way.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |