Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Weleda Iris vs Weleda Wild Rose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Has anyone tried both the Weleda Iris and Weleda Wild Rose line of skin care? Which one is for dry skin and which one is for oily skin?

I'm looking into their face lotion. I got oily skin and find the Wild Rose is too rich for me. So I'm curious wether the Wild Rose is meant for dry skin and the Iris line is for oily skin? I'm a bit confused. I also found that the Wild Rose day and night cream both got funny smell (a bit like plastic smell). Don't get me wrong, it had the rose smell, but on top of that I also smelled something unpleasant (to me). Kind of plastic type of smell. Really odd. I got samples of the wild rose day and night cream at an organic food fair, so I assumed the samples haven't expired? I used the samples right away so it was not me waiting too long before I used it. I also found it clogged the pores. At first I thought I put it on too much. However, even after I decreased the amount I put on my face quite a lot, it was still clogging my pore and made my face all oily. So I figured wild rose line is not for me (oily skin), maybe I should try the iris line?

For the Iris line of face lotion, they got Weleda Iris Moisture Cream and Weleda Iris Day Cream, what is the difference? Anyone knows?

Many thanks in advance.
luna*
5% products discount

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi autumnApple,

the wild rose line is better suited for mature/dry skin.
The iris line is according to Weleda for "all skin types".

I'd definitely recommend the iris moisture cream to you.
The moisture cream is lighter than the iris day cream.
The day cream feels a little bit waxy. I never get that waxy feeling with the iris moisture cream.

You can use the iris moisture cream day and night. If it's too light for your skin, you can always layer it with the iris day or night cream.
But I think that the moisture cream alone will be perfect for you.

hth Smile
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi luna*,

Thank you SO much for input. I really appreciate it. I've been wanting to try Iris moisture cream for a while but just never able to find/get a sample. I shall go head and actually try the cream in the near future! Thanks a bunch!!
havana8

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Isn't that funny? I've found the Day Cream a bit waxy too! Laughing Because I tend to have drier skin, the Iris Night Cream works for me although in the summer, the Iris Moisture Cream is perfect. Here are the ingredients for them in case you want to compare:

Weleda Iris Day Cream
moisturizes and protects

This rich cream moisturizes the facial skin and protects against everyday dehydration. Pure jojoba oil and beeswax give the skin a soft, creamy feel. Apply after cleansing with Iris Cleansing Lotion and Facial Toner.

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Lysolecithin, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Xanthan Gum.

Weleda Iris Night Cream
moisturizes and rejuvenates

Weleda's concentrated Iris Night Cream thoroughly moisturizes normal to dry and parched skin types during its nightly rebuilding phase. Extracts of chamomile and calendula flowers leave the skin feeling soft and revived. Apply after using Iris Cleansing Lotion and Facial Toner.

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Xanthan Gum.

Weleda Iris Moisture Cream
moisturizes and balances

Delicate Weleda Iris Moisture Cream, our lightest moisturizer, absorbs quickly and provides long-lasting protection against dehydration of all skin types without leaving the skin feeling oily. Made with pure jojoba oil and beeswax, this light cream gently moisturizes without blocking the pores. Apply after cleansing with Iris Cleansing Lotion and Facial Toner. Ideal for normal to oily skin types.

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Glycerin, Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Calendula Officinalis, Iris Germanica, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*.

* from natural essential oils
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I am so attracted by this brand
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Could anyone compare these two toners with Dr.Hauschka toners?
I am going to finish my Dr.Hauschka toners and am wondering if I should keep using it.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
carmina wrote:
Could anyone compare these two toners with Dr.Hauschka toners?
I am going to finish my Dr.Hauschka toners and am wondering if I should keep using it.

Carmina, you should search in the forum for ACV toner recipes. They are very easy and many members have had glowing skin from it. It is also very inexpensive.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
My skin is dry during a winter and I use Rose line. From Iris line I tried tonic, I like it so far, but I am only using it for two weeks.
Dr, Haushka's products didn't worked for me, I had an allergic reaction...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
My skin is dry during a winter and I use Rose line. From Iris line I tried tonic, I like it so far, but I am only using it for two weeks.
Dr, Haushka's products didn't worked for me, I had an allergic reaction...

Hey Laral

What is the difference in consistancy with the rose cream, I didnt like the Dr Haushka rose cream either as it did nothing for me and just wondering if this is working better for you.
TIA:)
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Hey Laral

What is the difference in consistancy with the rose cream, I didnt like the Dr Haushka rose cream either as it did nothing for me and just wondering if this is working better for you.

I tried Dr Haushka rose day cream, eye cream and tonic. My skin broke out in hives and blisters. I like the smell and texture of rose cream of course before my skin react to it. I stopped using and gave it away to my friend.
I read on this forum that many people like Dr. Haushka and my friend liked it too.
As for Weleda cream I found it very moisturising, not oily or greasy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
pal wrote:

Hey Laral

I tried Dr Haushka rose day cream, eye cream and tonic. My skin broke out in hives and blisters. I like the smell and texture of rose cream of course before my skin react to it. I stopped using and gave it away to my friend.
I read on this forum that many people like Dr. Haushka and my friend liked it too.

Great to hear... thanks for that Laral:)
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Normally wild rose is good for mature skin type. However the question I am facing is that it might be not moisture enough for the whole day. So maybe need to use twice in the day.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
pal wrote:

Hey Laral

Great to hear... thanks for that Laral:)

You are very welcome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
If you want more moisture cream,you can try Dr Haushka rose cream,I think it is moisturer than the weleda wild rose line.
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I like rose better.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used Weleda Wild Rose and Skin Food for a while but would never use again due to the oils (almond and sunflower- toxic PUFAs).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |