Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:Review: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Four words - I hate this product!!!
I picked up a sample size this afternoon for $2.00. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I always give new products a fair shot, but this is one of the worst I have ever used. I washed my face with it 3 hrs ago and the pain won't stop. My cheeks are burning, my lips are burning, my forehead burns - My face is as red as a tomato.
There is no way this cleanser is for sensitive skin. Unless you have skin like a Rhino's butt I would not suggest this product.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
It is too bad! I don't use this brand and I won't buy that in the future.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Cow! This is the first I heard of this and believe me, I searched and searched for a lot of reviews on this line.

I hope you recover real soon.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Holy Cow! This is the first I heard of this and believe me, I searched and searched for a lot of reviews on this line.

I hope you recover real soon.

Thanks Skincare

Update - I woke up this morning with a very sore and itchy face. When I looked in the mirror I nearly died - I had hives on my cheeks and my lips were swollen. Crying or Very sad

I used a little bit of my Yonka Sensitive skin cleanser. This help a bit with the soreness. I then dabbed on Benadryl itch cream - this helped a lot. My cheeks still hurt, but my lips are burning. I've never had this happen before. I think I'm going to contact the company tomorrow as the sample did not have an expiry date on it. I don't think that they would really do anything in return for me because it was only a $2.00 sample. I guess it's my fault for not testing it first on a small section before washing my whole face. This falls under lesson learnt for not testing.
But on a positive note... I don't need a lip plumper now as I have beautiful looking Angelina Jolie lips. Bad Grin
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I used Cetaphil for years and did fine with it. Never any irritation from it, even in the face of my dry-peeling-retin A- aggravated-winter-skin. Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. I don't think your reaction is the norm though.
Hope your skin is better now!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Same here Mountaingirl. My skin would be so tight and sore from the wet snow and runny nose when I went riding in the winter and when you go indoors, with the fireplace going and the air is so dry, my skin would get dry and I would still have acne.
Cetaphil did feel a bit drying on my skin but using only water would dry out my skin with those type of weather conditions.

I am so concerned Northerngirl, I hope your skin will calm down. I know green tea would help but I think at this point, using green tea would still feel a bit irritating.

Maybe eat some papaya on an empty stomach and drink lots of chamomile tea and hopefully from the inside/out healing will begin.

Best of luck
LazyFrog
5% products discount

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I used Cetaphil for years and did fine with it. Never any irritation from it, even in the face of my dry-peeling-retin A- aggravated-winter-skin. Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. I don't think your reaction is the norm though.

i'm the same, used it on my dry skin and works great.. i think you are definitely allergic to certain ingredient.. but the product is actually a good one for most people.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
LazyFrog wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

i'm the same, used it on my dry skin and works great.. i think you are definitely allergic to certain ingredient.. but the product is actually a good one for most people.

I have a sneaky feeling that it was an expired product. I was going to call them on Friday but I was super busy at work. I'm assuming Monday is a holiday for most Canadians so I'm going to call on Tuesday.
My skin has calmed down a lot. I received some home based products from a lady in Ontario and a sample product from a lady in the U.S. They help a lot - The swelling has gone down and the hives are nearly gone, but my lips still hurt.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
It's not bad but not that great. I used it and was like my face was a little tad dry and that's not what i was looking for.

It wasn't that bad as I finished it but will i buy it again..Nope,,my skin is way sensitive and dry without the flaking.

Just feels tight which annoys me.

I think it's better for people who have a little oily skin.

Blue
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a bottle of it. no iritation but it does not work really good
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your terrible reaction to this product. I used a sample of the original cleanser and didn't like it but I didn't react to it. I hope you heal quickly.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I remember the cleanser is chemical based and has no rare ingredients in it that would be unexpected allergens to you which makes me very scared your sample was compromised. Do you still have the sample? I would defenitely get in touch with them.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
As far as I remember the cleanser is chemical based and has no rare ingredients in it that would be unexpected allergens to you which makes me very scared your sample was compromised. Do you still have the sample? I would defenitely get in touch with them.

Yes, I kept the sample, but there is no phone number for this company only an e-mail addy where you can leave comments.
What kind of company is this? And, why would they not have a toll free number? Makes me wonder if they get a lot of compliants and don't want to deal with customers over the phone.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I hate cetaphil cleanser, too. It contains sls in the ingredient I allergic to it.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow that's so strange because actually Cetaphil is the ONLY cleanser my skin can tolerate. You should try to narrow down the ingredient in it that's causing the allergic reaction.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have spoken to the company or I should say where they store it in Canada. The man was friendly but admitted that he is not from customer service department and would be happy to forward my comments and questions.
He even got someone to call me back. It took him awhile but he still got someone to call me.

I still love Cetaphil even though I am now using Cellcosmet.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have spoken to the company or I should say where they store it in Canada. The man was friendly but admitted that he is not from customer service department and would be happy to forward my comments and questions.
He even got someone to call me back. It took him awhile but he still got someone to call me.

I'm a really mad about this now as I don't understand why is their phone number is not on their website. In my eyes this is not a reputable company if they have to hide their phone number from the public. I also feel their hiding from the public by only taking complaints by e-mail - They should be ashamed of themselves. I so glad EDS is there for me if I ever have a problem with one of the products they sell.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Northerngirl wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I'm a really mad about this now as I don't understand why is their phone number is not on their website. In my eyes this is not a reputable company if they have to hide their phone number from the public. I also feel their hiding from the public by only taking complaints by e-mail - They should be ashamed of themselves. I so glad EDS is there for me if I ever have a problem with one of the products they sell.

I think I called the 1-800 # from the bottle. Or was it the manufacturing company. What is that name? It starts with 'G'?
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Northerngirl wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I think I called the 1-800 # from the bottle. Or was it the manufacturing company. What is that name? It starts with 'G'?

Hi Skincare - Thanks for pointing this out to me. In really small writing on the bottle the manufacturing company is called Galderma and I just found the toll free #.
I'm going to call them on Monday.
Thanks again.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
That is the name. I couldn't remember that name. Good luck with that.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Northerngirl wrote:
Four words - I hate this product!!!
I picked up a sample size this afternoon for $2.00. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I always give new products a fair shot, but this is one of the worst I have ever used. I washed my face with it 3 hrs ago and the pain won't stop. My cheeks are burning, my lips are burning, my forehead burns - My face is as red as a tomato.
There is no way this cleanser is for sensitive skin. Unless you have skin like a Rhino's butt I would not suggest this product.
Which Cetaphil cleanser did you try Northern? Is it the one for oily skin? Or the creamy one? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it. Thats rare. What did you put on your skin after you cleansed with it?
Mrs.athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to hear that.....
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I never had any reaction like that from the cleanser. I use their cleanser and face lotion (cuz I have not found anything better.. yet) But I definitely cannot using their lotion with the SPF in it. it makes my face hot and itchy.... they definitely put more than SPF in their sun screen lotion.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
wow, really sorry to hear this. I hope you will recover soon.
I have using this for a long time, and never had any problems. but I have to admit that its cleasing power is very limited. I only use it in the morning.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that is terrible to hear, what a nasty surprise for you.
I tried Cetaphil for sensitive skins once, but it dried my skin so I stopped using it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |