Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
The aging process with photos! + Using LED + DW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so lets see how many brave souls we have who would like to share.

The following is what's happening to me from 40 to my present age of 55. The biggest decline is since the big "M" at age 50.

I started to use LightStim in 9/07, and added DW to my ritual a couple of weeks ago. I do believe I'm seeing some improvement! The giant picture of me is at 54, no makeup, in all my wrinkles, red glory. The last one is the most recent. Notice the improvements after using LS...

If this thread is of any interest to ya'll, it would be a good way to share photos and acutually see the resutlts of all the "tools" we use.

If I did the pictures right, (fingers crossed here), the age in order is; 40, 45, 52, 54, 55 (before "tools") + 55 (present since "tools")

Kassy.. Smile

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/Kassy_A/age54-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, you look fantastic in ALL of the photos! And you live in Florida? I might change my mind about moving there Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Margot wrote:
Kassy, you look fantastic in ALL of the photos! And you live in Florida? I might change my mind about moving there Very Happy

LOL!... Come on down, and bring plenty of sunscreen.

Thanks for the compliment Margot, now jump in here and post your beautiful pictures.... (The one I saw of you on another thread was fabulous!!!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
If I look half as good as you in my 50's I won't be complaining one bit! You look great. I am thirty at the moment so it wouldn't really be very interesting for me to post my pics unless you all want to see my face get fatter and fatter from putting on weight over the last few years Laughing .
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Blummin' heck, woman, WHAT aging process?!!!! You look fantastic in all of those photos. I'm 41 and wish I looked half as good as you in the one we're you're not wearing make-up. Shock

I really don't think you have to worry about looking old, you're gorgeous!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy you are a beautiful woman. Perhaps you should give us all your beauty secrets Pray . You go girl!!!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Now stop making me blush, or the "bloody" red will be back in no time..... Embarassed Thank you all for the kind words.

Please, please, please dig through your old pictures and don't leave me in the lurch here.. Crying or Very sad

C'mon you guys, post some happy snaps, and lets put our heads together and figure out what works, and what's a big fat crock of you know what........

Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't know anything about LightStim. I had to Google it. Which one are you using?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

you are beautiful, and I can see how someone can easily think you are in mid-thirties.
Please, share how you managed to stay so young and gorgeous.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Margot..LightStim is a hand held LED red + infrared device, much like the Baby Quasar everyone talks about. There are several posts on the topic, but I don't know how to put the link in here. It's in the Skincare forum and titled, "Has anybody used LightStim LED"

Lucy..Thank you for your very kind words. I actually wrote out my entire ritual, such as it is, in the Skin care + make up forum titled "55 and over skin issues".

I only started to seriously take care of my skin in the last couple of years, when I began to see new signs of aging every day. Menopause really took a toll on me, up until then I took my good skin very much for granted. The one constant for me though, since age 35, has been sunscreen on my face and neck everyday. The other thing is that I very rarely ever wear makeup. I'm not sure if that makes any difference though. In my honest opinion, I wholeheartedly believe, genetics plays the biggest part in how we age. And if that's the case I'm lucky, because my mother is 80 years old with absolutely beautiful clear porcelain skin....(You guys would all die laughing if I told you "her" beauty regime) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, since no other brave souls jumped in here I'd be happy to delete this, but I don't know how.....

HELP!!!!

HeatherVA

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
No, please don't delete! We need these pics up for inspiration!

You have fabulous skin, including your neck and chest (the red shirt photo)--the area that is usually a dead-giveaway for someone's age.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
.... my mother is 80 years old with absolutely beautiful clear porcelain skin....(You guys would all die laughing if I told you "her" beauty regime) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kassy_A - you look fantastic!!! Very Happy I have LED as well and noticed that skin heals faster when I use it, when I have scratches, etc. You do have results!!!

So... what is your mother's beauty regime?? Smile Question
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Okay, since no other brave souls jumped in here I'd be happy to delete this, but I don't know how.....

HELP!!!!

Great pics Kassy_A Very Happy. If you ever want to delete them, just go to the site that's hosting the images and "remove".
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, that's simple enough for the pictures. How do I go about deleting the whole post? Or should I just leave it as is..?

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Thank you, that's simple enough for the pictures. How do I go about deleting the whole post? Or should I just leave it as is..?

Kassy_A - please leave them as is! I think it is a great post, and very encouraging for all of us Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy_A - please leave them as is! I think it is a great post, and very encouraging for all of us Smile

I just feel like the lone wolf...LOL I was really hoping a few people would put up pictures, so we could see which tools, serums, creams etc.. are working out..

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of wasting a ton of money with little or no result. In my experience with tools, I see a tremendous improvement straight away, and then find myself at a standstill.

Any brave souls out there ready to share your pictures? C'mon "Scalawaggirl", your pictures are an inspiration to us all..

Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Kassy, thank you for sharing. I do not have a scanner and I do not take pictures so I hardly have anything to share. You look like someone 20 years younger. I would say you are an inspiration to us.

I do not use any devices, but I do use a lot of actives. My skin is as good as it ever been, tight with small pores.

My current issues are sagging in the eyelids and those marionette lines around the mouth. Do you think the tools can help. I was saving for plastic surgery, lol.

I am 51 and have no wrinkles at all, and I agree with you genetics has a lot to do with it. I got it from my dad. Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the kind words.

I'm using LightStim + Derma Wand for the past couple of months. I saw really good results within the first couple of weeks, and at this point I have to say that continued use, is just keeping the initial results. I really don't see any additional improvement.

In my opinion and experience, I feel that since menopause 5 years ago, I just can't keep up with the new signs of age I'm seeing everyday.

I won't give up, but I really believe at this point a visit to the Plastic Surgeon for my dreaded bags may be in order.. They are getting worse by the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mpstat"]
Kassy_A wrote:
.... my mother is 80 years old with absolutely beautiful clear porcelain skin....(You guys would all die laughing if I told you "her" beauty regime.

So... what is your mother's beauty regime?? Smile Question

She washes her face morning and night with hot water on a washcloth only, no cleanser or toner of any sort. She moisturizes with Cetaphil Cream in the a.m only....That's freakin it!!!!! She's never used sunscreen a day in her life. And she has the palest Irish skin and blue eyes you can imagine...Her skin is unbelievably clear + pretty, with a lovely pink glow + Not a pore to be seen. She never even owned a foundation...it makes me want to vomit I tell ya.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

When she comes for a visit, and see's me armed with all my goodies and devices, she laughs her head off and tells me to "stop all the fussing, and get the wet rag".

Maybe Mother really does know best, and we're all just throwing our money in the crapper. ARGH!!

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy_A! Very Happy Your mother's regimen is minimalistic, she probably has good genes....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Thank you Kassy_A! Very Happy Your mother's regimen is minimalistic, she probably has good genes....

Minimalistic is putting it mildly..

I'm not so sure about the genes though, her younger siblings are fairly wrinkled etc.. I think her great skin has a lot to do with her healthy eating, no smoking + just a rare cocktail.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... She never even owned a foundation...

Not wearing foundation might be helpful too.... A friend of mine has a mother and an aunt. Both woman are about the same age with all similar characteristics, but her mother's skin according to my friend is in much better condition then the aunt's. My friend thinks that it is because of the foundation, this is the only thing both women did differently. Mother - never wears foundation, while the aunt does. hmm
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I must admit that I can't remember the last time I wore foundation. But I would think that wearing it every day, can't be a good thing, as it doesn't allow the skin to breathe.

I think MMU is a much better alternative to foundation; it doesn't clog the pores, gives decent coverage + is a natural sunscreen to boot. I bought the Loreal one to try, and I really like it. But still, I only wear it occasionally

rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

I just feel like the lone wolf...LOL I was really hoping a few people would put up pictures, so we could see which tools, serums, creams etc.. are working out..

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of wasting a ton of money with little or no result. In my experience with tools, I see a tremendous improvement straight away, and then find myself at a standstill.

Any brave souls out there ready to share your pictures? C'mon "Scalawaggirl", your pictures are an inspiration to us all..

Here is the link to Scalawaggirls pictures
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=350

Her skin really does look great. I wish she would post more.
Ricky
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |