Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lasered!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Today I got a laser treatment for some broken capillaries around my nose, on my chin and a couple of spots on my cheek/lower facial area. I have fair skin and I guess I am doomed - my dad has several broken caps. UGH. Anyway, they bothered the dickens out of me although other folks said they never noticed them.

The treatment went fine. It hurt like hades right under the nose area but, overall, I survived!! I am such a weenie when it comes to pain. The laser felt like a rubber band pop/sting everywhere else (except under the nose). I am really impressed as most of them are totally gone!! I have a couple that are lightened and should dissipate in the next few weeks. I have 15 minutes left to use, so if they do not go away I can zap them again in about 4 - 6 weeks. I was able to purchase 30 minutes for $295.00. I did not think that was bad at all. Initially, the lady tried to convince me to do the full face thing for $420 a treatment. The doctor told me I did not need that and just to get 30 minutes of the laser time and that would suffice. He was right!

I looked a little red and splotchy when I left there but in a few hours, the redness subsided greatly and by this evening it was all gone. I have a couple of areas that are tender, which I guess is to be expected. I am really thrilled with it.

Deb
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats to you -- I had some broken caps lasered a couple of years ago and it didn't work for me. The PS that did it even repeated it (for free) and it still didn't work for me. Sad I think it's good that you can see improvement already.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello damblues and cathy-jean,
It's strange that you both had the same treament but with completely opposite results.
Perhaps damblues was treated with a newer, more up-to-date laser?
It would help if either of you could remember the name of the laser used on you.
I'm thinking of going to a salon that uses IPL Ellipse - but I won't if it gives negative results like cathy-jean's!
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
It was an IPL laser but I am not sure if it was the Ellipse. I will call on Monday to find out. They told me but I cannot remember.

I had one small blistered area on my cheek. It is not painful and I had read that that is a result that, occasionally, happens. It looks more like a pimple than anything... lol. No pain just red. My mineral makeup covers it.

I went to a dinner party last night and the women congregated in the kitchen oohing and ahhing over my face.. they were impressed that the broken caps were gone that fast. I was, too!!

I do not understand why cathy-jean had no success, how disappointing. I wonder if it was an older laser treatment, as well?

I will post when I get the name of the laser.

Deb
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Only 30 minutes worth of treatment? How many broken caps did you have? I have a few on my nose I'd love to erase.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I had some on both sides of my nose, on my chin, and a couple on my cheeks... there is a couple of tiny spots left but they could fade. They told me that they would likely dissolve over the next few weeks... unbelievable!! I have 15 minutes left.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
sure there isnt like follow up stuff? Like having to go back after couple of months? I am under the impression its kinda like botox you know you have to go back every couple of months and its not permanant permanant, please correct me if i am wrong!
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
The only area I might have a return is my nose area - if you blow your nose, etc... They said the other areas will likely remain ok - BUT they stress wearing sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
i have those vessel problem as well, and went - after looking for ages for someone i found highly qualified and laser-like well equipped - to such a laser treatment...

it did hurt much, but as i was expecting being freed from all those crap, i was happy to bear it...
the beautician told me, it would take some weeks to see the effect, to find the vessels gone...

the following week(s) my skin texture/structure/condition was much improved.. for all i know, this laser treatment increases the collagene production as well...

initially i also saw an improvement regarding the vessels, but it lasted maybe 4 weeks (so the extreme opposite as the beautician told me)..

then it went back to exactly the same, as it was before...
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I've had broken capillaries treated with both laser and diathermy, also called advanced electrolysis. The results have been the same with each treatment. In both cases they came back after around 2 months and had to be retreated. The discomfort level is around the same, but there is a huge difference in price. The last time I had laser it cost $150AU for 15 minutes, and the advanced electrolysis only cost $35AU for 15 minutes. The only difference is that the electrolysis left extremely tiny scabs that took a week or so to go away. This is because the surface of your skin is being pierced with a very fine needle.

Check out both methods, but be aware that if you have a tendency towards broken capillaries they can grow back. If they do start growing back, get a second treatment as soon as they reappear. Sometimes you may need a third treatment, but by then you've normally "cooked" the capillaries so thoroughly that they never grow back (a bit like over plucking eyebrows!!!).
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I had my broken capillairies zapped a few years ago. It took 4 treatments but I had a ton of broken caps from tanning in a tanning bed for years. I had excellent results. My face did bruise from laser in many areas. I had about 30 briuses all over my face after each treatment last lasted about a week. Even though I bruised, the treatment was so worth it. I finally have clear pretty skin and no redness or broken veins anymore. It costed me $800.00 total but like I said I had an entire face full of them. I never realized that tanning beds could do that until it was to late. Obviously I haven't gotten in a tanning bed since then and I never will.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad that this is working! You give me hope.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I've had laser on my broken caps twice, 8 weeks apart. Both times it looked great at first but then they all returned within a couple of weeks. I was very disappointed. Hopefully you will have better luck.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am still pleased with the results. I did have some faintly reappear and still had time left on the laser so I had them zapped again. So far, so good. I guess, as usual, we all have different experiences with treatments.
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I had laser treatments to eliminate broken capillaries too. After treatments everything seemed to be fine, but my broken capillaries came back after few weeks. So, after 4th treatment I've decided to stop to waste the money...
Now I'm using the concealer. And the capillaries are on the same place Neutral
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have broken capillaries around my nose and have had for years (since like 7th grade). I hate them!! I've been thinking of having them lasered for a while, but between the price and the possibility that they may come back, I'm pretty hesitant. My dermatologist told me they would probably come back after a while. Mine are pretty bad.

So, my question is: for those of you who have had your capillaries lasered, how severe was your problem? And if it was severe, how well did it work?
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:20 am      Reply with quote
mine, as said, came back after a few weeks all together... they were not even gone all, just looked better immediately after the treatment...

those on the cheeks are rather light, the area from a short distance looks just reddish, the same is true for the ones ON the nose... you have to get close, to see them... but from the distance the part looks just red...

the caps NEXT to the nose are visible and dark, and larger... Crying or Very sad

the beautician told me, i was not a very "terrible" case to treat...
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
Today I got a laser treatment for some broken capillaries around my nose, on my chin and a couple of spots on my cheek/lower facial area. I have fair skin and I guess I am doomed - my dad has several broken caps. UGH. Anyway, they bothered the dickens out of me although other folks said they never noticed them.

The treatment went fine. It hurt like hades right under the nose area but, overall, I survived!! I am such a weenie when it comes to pain. The laser felt like a rubber band pop/sting everywhere else (except under the nose). I am really impressed as most of them are totally gone!! I have a couple that are lightened and should dissipate in the next few weeks. I have 15 minutes left to use, so if they do not go away I can zap them again in about 4 - 6 weeks. I was able to purchase 30 minutes for $295.00. I did not think that was bad at all. Initially, the lady tried to convince me to do the full face thing for $420 a treatment. The doctor told me I did not need that and just to get 30 minutes of the laser time and that would suffice. He was right!

I looked a little red and splotchy when I left there but in a few hours, the redness subsided greatly and by this evening it was all gone. I have a couple of areas that are tender, which I guess is to be expected. I am really thrilled with it.

Deb

$295 is a great deal and you even have leftover for touch-up. Where are you located?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to chime in at what a great price you got. I hope it lasts. Keep us posted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Annie B wrote:

So, my question is: for those of you who have had your capillaries lasered, how severe was your problem? And if it was severe, how well did it work?

Mine wasn't severe - just few around my nose.
But as I wrote before - even those few tiny capillaries came back. My suggestion is - good concealer. Unfortunately... Didn't find anything more permanent yet.
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted in a long time but I thought I'd give an update.

My skin is fair, what my derm called a cat 1, and have had broken caps since I was 17. As I got older, more developed and the olders ones on my left cheek were huge! The DR asked me if I had been injured because she hadn't seen them that big on anyone without major trauma. My face was permanently flushed and if I exercised, I looked like I was about to have a coronary Exclamation

I finally broke down and had them lasered. I can honestly say I wish I hadn't waited this long. I went in on Friday afternoon and now on Tuesday, many of the smaller caps and overall redness are gone. The worst areas are still there but much reduced. The woman who does my facials came with me to watch and she was amazed at how fast the skin's appearenance changed. On my left cheek, where I had 5 large veins running, I now have 2 small red spots. My Dr says it will take a 2 or 3 more treaments and then I'll need it once a year for maintenance.

I had her do my entire face, neck, and chest. The cost was $650 for all 3 areas. It was done by the Dr herself and not a technician.

The laser was set to attack the redness, not to correct pigmentation which is brown. It made me jump a bit especially in areas with lots of surface veins and the nose area was the worst. Still, it was more startling then painful most of the time. If you can handle having your upper lip waxed, you can handle this.

Afterwards, I was a little swollen, especially on the left cheek where the area became raised while the veins healed. On my neck and chest, it looked like I had a minnor battle with a curling iron but all the inflamation was gone by Mon morning.

I'm so glad I did this. I had seen all the pictures of people who had bad reactions to fraxel lasers and though I would look like that but the IPL for veins is much less invasive. It sure ins't cheap but IPL gets a 2 tumbs up from me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
anyone know of a place that can do this procedure in the San Antonio, TX area?

THanks!
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Gwynnie, this sounds really good... congrats and best luck for further treatment and recovery...

about the fraxel laser i have heard too... it seems to be something what can be effective in fighting wrinkles (as well?)...
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen too many deep laser horror stories. I'm terrified of them.

I'll see if I can snap some picts of my skin after this first IPL. What was amazing to me was that before the IPL, if I rubbed or washed my face, I would be flushed for a good 45 mins and all over. Now if I rub a spot, it becomes red only around the area and goes away in a few minutes. That is a huge improvement as anyone with advanced rosacea will tell you.

Once I finish with IPL, I'll be doing a peel for texture and fine wrinkles and then a little bit of filler. I had her botox my brow and i love it. I've lot 25 lbs since May and have another 35 to go. That's a lot of weight lost in my face and the fillers are going to be necessary.

Maintainence is retin A and vit C and a slavish devotion to sunscreens, and IPL once a year. Not bad but I wish I had started sooner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Racheli-Fraxel will do nothing for wrinkles, it's more for pigmentation problems.
Gwynnie-let us know how that peel works for fine lines and what type of peel they do. That's something I have looked at too.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |