Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Need some help what do Copper Peptides do for your skin and
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
what brands are their
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
EDS carries SkinBiology.
Scroll down and check out the different products. High quality and reasonable pricing.
Have fun shopping. Very Happy
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Copper peptides: Can you 'repair' a wrinkle?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides are not a quick fix. They are a long term solution. the results occur over time and you need to be patient. Unlike other products that will give you a glow quicker. But I believe in CP's = they have properties that repair and the results are lasting - unlike a daily or weekly fix.
Use both!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I think I need help with CPs! I've been using since end of June and I've seen ZERO change in anything. What and when should I see some changes? I'm using regular CP serum, but I'm thinking of bumping up to Super CP. TIA Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I think I need help with CPs! I've been using since end of June and I've seen ZERO change in anything. What and when should I see some changes? I'm using regular CP serum, but I'm thinking of bumping up to Super CP. TIA Smile

Hi tsjmom - What area are you trying to improve and did you take pictures before you began using CP's? I have been religiously using Super-GHK Serum every night for months now and have yet to see any sort of improvement around my eyes (or anywhere else on my face for that matter!). As others have already stated, it does take many months of consistent use before the average person sees any sort of positive change in their skin using CP's. So patience and persistence is the key, as is following your intuition and upgrading to a stronger CP when you feel your skin is ready. Dr. Pickart does say that as your skin barrier is repaired with regular use of CP's you will become less sensitive to the CP product you are using. This is why people should always start off with a weaker CP and then move up, as their skin barrier will have thickened sufficiently enough to tolerate the stronger products.

You may know this already, but I'll throw it out there again for good measure. Wink Other factors to consider when you are using CP's is to exfoliate your skin first, apply Emu, Squalane or Jojoba oil to push the CP's into the skin further, and take 1 Gram of MSM and 1 Gram of Vitamin C (preferably in powder form and 2 X a day for best results). I have also read on the Skinbiology site that Borage oil, Flaxseed oil and/or Primrose oil taken daily will expedient results as well.

Reading through Dr. Pickarts site again ( Rolling Eyes ), it would appear that the entire range of CP's may be required if you do not see any tightening of loose or sagging skin around the eyes with the milder products. Note that the site specifically says that it generally takes a solid year of regular use before you'll see any marked improvements around the eyes as this area is very difficult to treat. So do not become discouraged or baffled when other people tell you they have achieved fantastic improvements around their eyes or elsewhere on their face in 2-4 weeks!!! This is NOT the norm and is definitely the exception!

Here is a blurb from the Skinbiology site that indicates a product plan for treating the eye area. Just keep in mind that you may not need to use all of the products offered to achieve the results you want, and may be satisfied with one or two products in the CP range. I feel that 3 months is adequete time to determine if any CP is working at all and if you should upgrade to the next strength or continue with what you have. BTW - the site has other 'product plans' for other areas of your face and body -www.skinbiology.com

The skin around the eyes and on the eyelids is a difficult area to rebuild and must be done gradually.

1. Because this skin may be already badly damaged, start with a very light coating of Super GHK-Copper Cream, Super GHK-Copper Serum, or CP Night Eyes Premier, then gradually increase the amount applied with time. If you experience irritation, this means that too much copper peptide is passing through a very damaged skin barrier.

2. One approach is to use emu oil one night to replenish skin lipids, then Super GHK-Copper Cream or CP Night Eyes Premier every second night.

3. This also sometimes helps. Clean your eye area to remove make up, then rinse the skin with clear water. Apply the Super GHK-Copper or CP Night Eyes while the skin is still wet.

4. For some persons, Super GHK-Copper may be a better option as it is milder on damaged or sensitive skin.

5. As your skin barrier is repaired, you will become less sensitive to any applied material. With time, the skin around your eyes skin should tighten and firm.

6. Use a very mild makeup remover such as Liquid Gentle Clean.

7. When you can tolerate the first product, then move to the stronger products.
*Start with Super GHK-Copper (Cream or Serum)
*then CP Night Eyes Premier
*then CP Night Eyes Regular
*then CP Serum
*then Super CP Serum
*and finally Super Cop
*Rebuilding the skin around the eyes may take over a year

8. If you experience excessive dryness, use a little less of the copper peptide products and cover them with a light amount of either Emu Oil for Skin Or Retinol/Squalane.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Thanks ScotsLass for the great reply. I think I just need to be patient and take the supps. Just knowing I'm doing something good for my skin should satisfy me - "But Daddy, I want it NOW!" (From the original Willy Wonka Laughing )

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using CP's for 8 months, starting with GHK and now I'm half way through the Super CP Serum. I can't really say I've seen any improvement in my skin, but I'm hoping they are still to come. I have a question:
Should the Emu Oil be applied before or after the CP serum?--and does it increase the effectiveness of the CP's?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
WOW! Thanks ScotsLass for the great reply. I think I just need to be patient and take the supps. Just knowing I'm doing something good for my skin should satisfy me - "But Daddy, I want it NOW!" (From the original Willy Wonka Laughing )

LOL!!! You're welcome, tjsmom, and I know EXACTLY how you feel as I would love to see huge results right NOW too (love that WW quote!). I have to constantly remind myself that my face has experienced 40 years of wear and tear and that it is going to take an investment in time to 'non-surgically' repair and rebuild the skin around my trouble areas again. When you really think about it, a single year to painlessly reverse loose & sagging skin (and not just temporarily so) isn't that long at all!

Apart from the supplements (which really do make a difference to your skin & nails all on their own), I highly recommend that you take pictures every 3 months so that you know conclusively what is changing and what isn't. It is so easy to overlook small improvements in your skin when you look at yourself in the mirror everyday. The camera, on the other hand, is the perfect memory refresher and ideal for picking up on subtleties that you often overlook.

Your plan to upgrade to the Super CP is a good one too! Please let me know how you like it and if your skin tolerated it well. I've decided to buy the Night Eyes Premier and CP Serum just to see how I fair with that combo for the next 2-3 months. I've been taking lots of pictures to chronicle my CP journey, so I'll just keep plugging at it until I hit it right and achieve those firm upper eyelids that I'm hoping for! Pray

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I have been using CP's for 8 months, starting with GHK and now I'm half way through the Super CP Serum. I can't really say I've seen any improvement in my skin, but I'm hoping they are still to come. I have a question:
Should the Emu Oil be applied before or after the CP serum?--and does it increase the effectiveness of the CP's?

Hi Mountaingirl - IF you are tolerating the Super CP Serum on it's own, then you would apply the Emu oil after the CP serum. Emu oil does deliver or push the CP serum deeper into your skin if it is applied afterwards, so technically it is more effective for helping the CP penetrate further (which means you should achieve results faster). HTH's wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have been using the CP regular serum for approx 8 months with Emu oil and I take Flax seed oil and evening primrose oil daily. I do not take MSM and Vitamin C regularly! Maybe I should because I have not seen any results as of yet. I keep using the CP's hoping for improvement!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass...ok, Emu after the CP's. That is what I have done occasionally in the past, but now I will consistently. Thanks!
I do take the MSM and Vit C and I believe its helped--particularly my joints!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |