Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP! Pimple emergency !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
penelope1

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have an event this Saturday and I am getting a huge pimple on my chin. Sad
I am on week 8 of Obagi Nu Derm so I don't want to screw that up and I don't know what to put on this monster! Mad
It is one of those under the skin, deep, painful things that feels about the size of a large pea. I tried steaming today to see if I can draw it out and get it over with but I am scared.
I only break out every so often and no its not "my time" so I don't know what brought this thing on but I need help - ANYONE ?!?!?!
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
If feel for you. Everytime I have an event coming up I have one of those suckers pop out. I always use Clean & Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment. I put it on in the morning, during the day, then again before I go to bed. My pimple is gone within a few days.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I know if you have a softlaser or a dermawand you'd be rockin' those, so other than that I have no other suggestions except for Julie's TCA complex - that can really help too... sorry - hope things work out.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Man, this always happens, doesn't it? My first response would be if you have any kind of relationship with your dermatologist, call him/her and BEG for an emergency appointment so they can inject a little cortisone into it. I do that if I get a cystic, under-the-skin blemish before a big event and the injection seriously helps it within HOURS. If you don't have a good relationship with a dermatologist right now I would suggest to call all the derms in your area and see if anyone can squeeze you in.

If the dermatologist is completely out and you are on your own, here is what I would do:
Steam it every morning and night using a washcloth dampened with hot chamomile tea. A couple days of steaming may very well bring it to the surface so you can cleanly extract it and it will heal up. I'm not terribly familiar with the obagi system, but I believe it uses retin-a, right? If you have retin-a, tazoraz, etc on hand, spot treat the blemish with it as that will help to either bring it up to a head or just get rid of it entirely. After you extract it, if you have Dr. Mist then spray that liberally on the area as that will help it heal. Good luck, and please keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
i am not familiar with obagi either.

From the top of my head exfoliating should help. Do you have any epidermx?? Its good.
Also maybe retin A.

and if your looking for something more natural than perhaps tea treee oil.

good luck
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
If it's an ordinary pimple, I normally dab a bit of toothpaste on it at night before going to bed and it normally dries up after a couple of nights. Of course it depends as I said on if it's an ordinary pimple or one of those more nasty variety.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Try Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - it dries pimples up overnight. Its a combination of calamine lotion and salicylic acid.

For future crises you might consider buying a Derma Wand - its wonderful for zapping pimples into oblivion.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Some have had great results with an aspirin mask. If you use the search feature, you'll find the recipe for it.

Love your name Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
What has been helping me lately with pimples that are starting to surface is a dab of Tea Tree Oil. You can buy it at any health food store. Just dab a small bit of it on the blemish. I have done this several different times and the pimple almost always goes away within a few days. It wouldn't hurt to alternate at night with a small dab of benzoyl peroxide cream either. There is also this cream my dermatologist prescribed for me called Duac which is a combination of Benzoyl Peroxide and clindamycin. It works pretty good, but I think the tea tree oil works the best IMO.
penelope1

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok - so I steamed yesterday like three times and this monster is finally coming to the surface. Its just huge which is what always happens when you have an event right? Just our luck huh Confused Anyway, so late last night I put some peroxide to try to kill any germs in there and then put some of my sons Ziana - which is for cyctic acne. This morning my monster is staring me in the face. I guess thats good because I can extract what I can and treat it so maybe it will be gone by Saturday (cross your fingers). I am working all day today (no sun) so I plan to steam, peroxide, and Retin a - good plan?
I will let you know how it goes.
I must say I LOVE this forum because I can vent with people who understand - it's AWESOME!
Also, Obagi Nu Derm is really doing wonderful things for my skin. I am 39, never much of a tanner but it's evening out my skin color, tone, and texture. It just really sucks the first few weeks. Look it up on here and theres a ton of info. Also a member is doing a blog and her pics are AMAZING! rockerlynne dot blogspot dot com
I do recommend it even though its expensive. I have 10 weeks to go then its maintenance time baby Smile
Thanks for everyones help - I am always listening to the people on here - you all have so much knowledge it's just great.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I have monster on my cheek right now and I've been putting over the counter 1% cortisone on it and it's helping a ton. One of my biggest problems is the inflammation during and after a deep zit. It speeds up the healing and there is almost no red mark left once it's gone, at least this is what I've noticed after trying this method three times. You're not supposed to use this method too much because I think it can thin out the skin (correct me if I'm wrong...I got this idea from Dr. Denese's book and it's been awhile since I've read it). I think she says to put some on a band aid (cut off the extra sticky stuff, leave just enough for it to stick to your face)and wear it over night. I guess this makes sure you don't accidentally rub it off in your sleep.
Best of luck to you!

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
My pimple emergency is getting better - it's the end of day two since it became visible and its pretty much deflated. Its still red and sore but I think I could cover it with make up if I tried (I haven't tried obviously).
I have steamed a few times yesterday and again today. This opened it up at let it purge. I then put peroxide to kill whatever germs were in there and let it air dry. Then I put some medicine my son was prescribed for his face called Ziana. I never really knew what was in that stuff but it was working on his teen cystic acne so I figured it may work on this one. Well, it's proving to be very helpful so I looked it up today - it's clindamycin phosphate 1.2% (a antibiotic) and tretinoin .025% so no wonder it worked! Its germ killer and retin a in one Shock
Its prescription and expensive but I found places online that sell it. You could always ask your trusty dermatologist for some sample to have on hand. Idea
So if you get these kinds of cysts, which we all seem to do before a big event or around that time of month, this stuff can really help.
I will let you know how tomorrow goes - thanks to everyone for the ideas - in a weird way some were right on Smile
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
you can try OLEHENRISKEN roll-on blemish attack. It works well on all kinds of pimples and it is carried by Sephora.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
chouchouzhang wrote:
you can try OLEHENRISKEN roll-on blemish attack. It works well on all kinds of pimples and it is carried by Sephora.

Hi chouchouzhang

Is this the best spot treatment that you have used? What other have you used before?

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I just got my Sonya Dakar drying potion which I ordered after reading about it in Allure and it seems to be working quite well on my breakouts
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
it's kinda late to reply but Yonka's Juvenil always works for those big ones that hasnt surfaced
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by Mario Badescu's drying cream and drying lotion and buffering lotion when I need to kill an "emergency" quickly.
rockplume
5% products discount

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
If this happens to anyone else... I first dry it up with hydrogen peroxide, and then put some Pate Grise from Payot for the night.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Retin-A. I am using Obagi nu-derm as well. Everytime when I have any breakout, I use Obagi Retin-A (0.1%) particularly for the spot's area. It always disappears in five days.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Why are you so anxious?

5% products discount

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
You might want to head to the derm for a cortisone shot. That should shrink the pimple in a few hours.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
azwildcats7 wrote:
You might want to head to the derm for a cortisone shot. That should shrink the pimple in a few hours.

Considering that the OP's pimple crisis was back in 2007, I think we can presume that she's got rid of it by now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
azwildcats7 wrote:

I've tried that before and somehow seem to be quite resistant to cortisone shots- they barely work for me.
unless the derm I saw just sucks (and it was one who works in a hospital clinic too...).

I just use Badescu buffering lotion and then their drying mark on top overnight...works great.
but have problems w inflamation afterwards still.

Serious skincare has a sulfur mask and drying lotion that are really good. it is cheap if you get it from HSN in a kit.
I can't use their mask anymore though.

PSF has a sulfur mask...and I can't use it anymore either.
but EDS sells it...
smithjons

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Try Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturiser. Which helps to reduce helps spots and blemishes. Effective remedy for acne.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
smithjons wrote:
Try Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturiser. Which helps to reduce helps spots and blemishes. Effective remedy for acne.

Wow this post is resurrected again.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |