Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need ideas - distraught about my face!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am mid-40s and this year, I have lost just over 60 lbs.

That is the good part. The bad part is that my face is now sagging and I have developed pronounced tear troughs. This creates dark circles. I know if the puffiness and tear troughs went away, my dark circle problem would lessen.

In the meantime, I've tried all kinds of makeup - nothing really touches this problem.

What are my surgical/nonsurgical options?

I already use sunscreen and Retinoids religiously - I don't have much of a wrinkle problem - just bagging and sagging Sad

Bueller? Anybody? Ideas much appreciated!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I had a friend who had Restalyn injected into the area right below her eyes. It looked absolutely wonderful. Perhaps you would be better off making an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon for a consult of some kind. Most seem to have med spas now so it's possible you wouldn't need actual surgery. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I love BluesHearts suggestion.
I was just going to suggest DMAE,SeaKelp Biofermnant. And take VitC and MSM,lots of water.
Congratulations on the weight loss.It does get a bit harder to lose it as we mature.
I will be watching for the answers too.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes to skincareaddicts suggestion for water and exercise It is also possible that you haven't given your body time to adjust to the changes.

The problem with asking for suggestions here is that it's possible you are wanting changes that will exceed what is possible through topicals and you will be given so many different recommendations here that your head will spin. Smile Getting a consult will maybe help narrow the options and give you some ideas of what products you specifically want. With a little more knowledge you can come to EDS and probably find what will work for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on the weight loss
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Here's yet another idea and it can be done in conjunction with the topicals and Restylane - facial exercise: http://www.flexeffect.com/feedback.htm

I just started with this myself a little over a week ago -- so I'm very early into it -- but I can already see some changes, as my upper eye area is lifting.

Restylane is wonderful! I had Restylane injected in my naso labial folds (lines from nose to mouth) and it stimulated my own collagen to regenerate. I had two injections four years ago and I've not needed anymore since.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean,
That's unusual isn't it? We hear so many complaints here about Restalyn not lasting long. It's nice to hear such a success story. I do know my friend has to go back every 5 or 6 months. Did the Dr. explain why you had that experience?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I had Restylane done and initially the results were wonderful and I felt so beautiful but mine did not last even 2 months. A very large waste of money. I am thinking about getting Juviderm but first I have to save for many months! I also have searched high and low for a product that will help with sagging but have not found anything so far that is wonderful!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I am mid-40s and this year, I have lost just over 60 lbs.

That is the good part. The bad part is that my face is now sagging and I have developed pronounced tear troughs. This creates dark circles. I know if the puffiness and tear troughs went away, my dark circle problem would lessen.

In the meantime, I've tried all kinds of makeup - nothing really touches this problem.

What are my surgical/nonsurgical options?

I already use sunscreen and Retinoids religiously - I don't have much of a wrinkle problem - just bagging and sagging Sad

Bueller? Anybody? Ideas much appreciated!

I have a few suggestions that might help. First step is to make you feel better about your face after weight loss (I have been there). Lauren Hutton Face Disk is excellent. You can easily contour your face. When I use the Face Disk I get the illusion of a nice sharp jawline, lift my cheek bones, nasal labial lines are much softer and eyes brighter.

AlphaDerma and Mineral Prep made a big difference helping to restore skin firmness. I also am a big believe in Vitamin C topical. For the past 10 months I have been using Copper Peptides and find it also helps elasticity. Taking 1000 mgs of Ester C and 1000 mgs of MSM is also part of my routine.

There are no miracles but the above has helped me greatly.

Congratulation on the weight loss. Don't be overly concerned as it takes time to firm up. I was older then you when I lost weight and the saggy face did perk back up. Smile

Good luck.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |