Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sunscreen and makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have an issue and I'm not sure if it is just me or if other people have had the same issue. I know that I should be wearing sunblock everyday but I just can't seem to find one, or a moisturizer with one, that doesn't change the way my makeup looks. It almost seems to seperate it or something, it just doesn't stay smooth an dit doesn't matter how long I let it absorb. All I'm looking for is a light weight one that absorbs completely and doesn't ruin my makeup! Any suggestions would be amazing! I need to be protected!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I use the dermalogica tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 and then my makeup on top of that (if I feel the need too, some days I just go with the moisturizer) and it doesn't seem to interfere too much (I use Estee Lauder also with SPF).
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I use an oil-free moisturizer by Laura Mercier with SPF and always apply make-up over top of it and I don't notice any change

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Not sure when you say sunblock what factor you mean but I use Smashbox primer factor 15 under my makeup and the makeup just glides on, there is no way you would forget to use it!! Factor 15 is fine in Ireland but not sure where you are. Try and get a sample its really fab
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried a lot of sunscreens and it took awhile to find one that DIDN'T cause makeup to ballup when I applied it. The best ones for under makeup application so far are Clarins UV40 and PSF SPF50. Clarins was the lightest, most feathery texture and makeup [I use MMU powder] slid on like a dream. Unfortunately it's too expensive for my budget, but PSF leaves a nice palette for makeup as well without balling up or sliding off.

HTH,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought of using a makeup primer that has spf in? For example, Paul & Joe Primer has SPF30 or MAC Prep and Prime Face Protect SPF 50. I'm sure there are a ton more that you could look into. I also agree with Athena123 that the texture of Clarins SPF has a very nice texture to it and works well under makeup.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your replies! I use a primer now and I never would have thought to look for one that has an SPF, thanks so much! Then I'll never forget to put it on and it should solve my makeup situation!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sofina is a pretty good sunscreen with a watery consistency. It's not creamy, but velvety and it shouldn't cause problems for makeup application.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Cellex-C Sun Care SPF 30+ feels like a moisturizer ( not sunscreen). And not toxic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Update : ZO skin health Oclipse is my #1 now
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
If you're interested in a physical block without parabens, etc., Devita is really wonderful and is excellent under make-up (just make sure to give it enough time to soak in). SPF is 30, and it's long-lasting. No white cast even though it's made with zinc.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use Olay complete for sensitive skin spf 15 and have no trouble using either liquid or powder foundation over the top of it.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I find with most of the Japanese brands to be very light and smooth and I never feel like wearing any sunscreens at all. Most of them also come with high SPF like SPF 50 PA+++. My favorites are Sofina UV cut and IPSA Trans sunblock EX. They never ruined my makeup and absorb really quickly.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
You could try some makeup primer, which contains SPF ss.
Most makeup primers have a ss vary from SPF8 to SPF50. When using these primers, your problems would be solve very well.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I dust Jurlique Silk Dust on top of sunscreen after it has absorbed for 20 minutes, and then use makeup that is in powder form. I've had no problems
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |