Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Acne treatment with BP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
SA does nothing for my acne, my acne snubs it's nose at salicylic acid. Does anyone use a good benzoyl peroxide product that they like?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi LisaAnn

I've used a couple of BP products- Panoxyl cleanser, Oxy and Dan Kern's BP gel. None of them helped with my acne and has in fact worsened it by making my acne redder and my skin dry and flakey. Some members here detest BP, saying that it stained their sheets (I remember ParisTrokia saying that, I think).

I used the first two products when I first had acne (about 1.5yrs ago), and the DK BP gel a few months ago when I read his website (www.acne.org) and it had great reviews on MUA. But I had no luck with it. It was however, very easily absorbed, the price is very reasonable and the CS was great!

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes Lisa Ann. I've had very good results with the Paula's Choice BHAs.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys for the recs Smile
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who likes the Proactiv cleanser (nothing else in the line, just the cleanser which contains BP). I like the idea of using it just in a cleanser, especially if you haven't tried it before, b/c BP can be VERY harsh depending on your skin type.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I've used it since I was a teenager, I've never had any bad reactions with it. I have been using the 10% BP in the Sage line, but I'm looking for something I can get in a brick and mortar store.

I'm going to try the PanOxyl and then perhaps the DK brand because it is a great price for a generous size.

Thanks everyone.
mina1
5% products discount

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think any brand of BP works.. One thing is to be consistent with it and find a really good moisturizer. This stuff dries out skin and makes it really really flakey!!
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
LisaAnn I currently use Brevoxyl 4% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel. I have tried several products with BP or with BP/antibiotics and the Brevoxyl is my favorite. It has a nice texture that works well with other products. It is also effective and best of all it is the least irritating BP product that I have used-even compared to some 2.5% BP products!! There is a reason for the lower irritancy of this product and if you are interested I can dig up a good article for you. It also comes in a 8% version but I have never tried that one since the 4% works just fine for me.

I know that you mentioned that you are looking for something that you can buy in a brick and mortar store and I assume that you are looking for something OTC. The Brevoxyl is prescription only so I am not sure that it meets your criteria but I thought I would mention it since it works so well for me.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks HKitty, I have a good relationship with my doctor and I'll see if he can give me a script for it when I next see him. I only have breakouts on my forehead which is very oily, and I'm just about fed up of trying so many BP products that don't work.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,I've acne but bp does not help it for me.
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Yes Lisa Ann. I've had very good results with the Paula's Choice BHAs.

BHAs are salicyclic acid. so if you can't handle SAs, then BHAs aren't a good idea for you.

i can't recommend a BP, the only BP that I've used that was effective was clindamycin/benzaclin that was rxed by my dr. now i use mama lotion, which is an AHA, to control my acne.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
mina1 wrote:
I think any brand of BP works.. One thing is to be consistent with it and find a really good moisturizer. This stuff dries out skin and makes it really really flakey!!

I agree with this. I used to use Neutrogena, because it is a lower % than some of the others. But I don't think it really matters.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend not using Panoxyl-the smell will put you off(feels like you are putting nail polish remover on your skin) plus even though I used bp before and the % was the same it gave my skin a chemical burn. Shock
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Additional,I'm used to benzac,it's water base,not alcohol base.
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
My two kids (both teens) use a BP cleanser. In addition they use Benzaclin as a daytime topical treatment - it's prescription and I think it has BP + antibiotic, and retin-a at night. I have them do a pumpkin mask and/or a manuka honey mask about once a week. I think it's the combo of all of this that helps keep them mostly clear.

Betsy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |