Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DPL-any updates?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Virginia
5% products discount

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I have followed the threads on the different devices and think DPL may be the way to go for me. I am 50 with the usual aging issues (wrinkles, loss of firmness, age spots) and also have hormonal acne problems. Has anyone used the DPL for aging hands? I would appreciate any updates or comments on DPL before I make my final decision. Thanks!!!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Virginia:

I did a comparison of Tanda & DPL about a month ago at the request of Bushy. It was in response to a thread about favourite skin products & I replied that no matter what products you use, I suggest it be augmented with DPL.

Rather than reiterate my long entry, I'll just say, DPL is great. Wouldn't be without it...does face in one shot. Is wonderful for use after a mask, microdermabrasion, peel, CPs, VitC etc to enhance their effectiveness.

Have used it EVERY day since August, without stopping. Use it right up against my skin...no problems. Results are not miraculous but do make a very lovely difference...balances skin oil, shrinks pores, gives a plumping effect, makes skin more dense, lightens/brightens skin, aids in wrinkle reduction & broken cap repair. The only thing it doesn't do is lift the skin. But with everything else it does, skin does become firmer but the lift is not what you'd achieve with fillers.

Am a big fan of DPL
Virginia
5% products discount

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Arya2!!!!!
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
is there such a thing as overuse of the DPL?

I'm wondering why I don't just set the thing up beside me while I am on the computer . . . with all my time on the forum I should look about 11 in a week.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
is there such a thing as overuse of the DPL?

I'm wondering why I don't just set the thing up beside me while I am on the computer . . . with all my time on the forum I should look about 11 in a week.

The overuse ? is a good one & I essentially asked the same when my intial 10 wk period ended. This is the reply I rec'd from LED Technologies:
The manufacturer recommends using for at least 10 weeks for best results however it is perfectly safe to continue using after the 10 weeks and you will continue to see results. Especially on areas such as lip lines and scars. The system is designed to be used 2 times a day for 5 years. Yet, most people feel more comfortable with timelines such as 'Do this, then this for ...amount of time'. It really is up to user preference. (The author) used mine for 11 months twice a day, now I use it 3 times a week for face but there may be days where I use it 4 times a day for pain.

The unit is meant to be used at a maximum .5" from the face so it's useless while at the 'puter ...yeah I know, that's a bummer.

It comes with a stand which I've now ceased using. I simply hold the 2 panels up against my face for better control over placement on areas that need treatment.

HTH
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
ahh, thanks so much, that's super-helpful.

I could have imagined myself peeking around it as I type while it "rays" my nose and mouth, LOL. I guess like most things, more isn't always better.

I'm so excited, I think this shall be my christmas pressie.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I received mine today!!! Tried it on the stand but this morning used it on its own.
This machine will get so much use in my house. My son has a stress fracture of his leg and is meant being in Canada skiing so he has done 3 sessons on it. My DH has carpal tunnel and tendonitis so he is using it as well.
Virginia
5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
That's great! I would like to hear your updates!!!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Could you please let me know where you ordered this from?
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Could you please let me know where you ordered this from?

Go to ncnprofessionalskincare.com
Nanci may still have her sale on and she is the best to deal with.

Her other products are also great - you can't go wrong.

Very Happy
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
make that ncnproskincare.com

think that's right Confused Confused
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!

Do you know the difference between the DPL and the baby quasar or do they do the same thing?
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Thank you!

Do you know the difference between the DPL and the baby quasar or do they do the same thing?

Well, what got me interested in light therapies in the 1st place was the BQuasar. However, living in Cda, I was unwilling to pay customs charges on what already is an expensive item. In addition, I didn't like the fact that the treatment head on the BQ is small, requiring you to move it around the treatment area/face which takes about 30 min to do your whole face. Too long for me. DPL covers the whole face in one 9 min session 2x/day. Or as I do, 2 consecutive 9 min treatments..it's finished.

So cost & quick treatment time were my main determinates, assuming effectiveness was fairly equal between the two units. I also didn't want to fiddle with settings which I believe is part of the BQ operation.

It's a personal thing but I knew what I did & didn't want, & DPL met my want list best. Love it....not a miracle worker, none of these gizmos is, but it has made a real difference in my skin. Can't ask for more than that.

Smile
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from light4beauty.com and can't rave more about the customer service and care!
Liz has been so helpful and replies very quickly to any of my 1000 questions.
I emailed her last night about using the DPL for healing of my son's stress fracture and when I woke up i had a lengthy answer from Cheryl Bradford from DPL explaining how to use it for this. If your interested you can do 4 sessions in a row with a little break in between to allow the machine to cool down.
Fingers crossed it helps and gets my very big 19 year old off the couuch aout of my fridge and on the ski slopes!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
....Fingers crossed it helps and gets my very big 19 year old off the couuch aout of my fridge and on the ski slopes!

Good luck with that LOL. Don't all 19 yr old boys spend their lives 1/4 in bed, 1/4 in the fridge, 1/4 on the couch, 1/4 playing?

They usually don't find the productive bone in their bodies until after 30 if ever.....LOL (the reproductive one is found very early tho'...LOL). So keep the DPL around for a loooong time.

Very Happy Very Happy
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
arya, were you able to order a DPL from Canada (to avoid the customs charges)?
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
arya, were you able to order a DPL from Canada (to avoid the customs charges)?

I've not been able to locate any Cdn distributors. Bought mine from Nanci a NCNProfessionalskincare.com on sale last summer.

Just checked & she still has it on sale for a big savings.

Was SOOOO lucky in that it made it over the border with nary a peep from the boys. Am still cheering about it.

But with the sale, you're saving a chunck of $$ so it still might be worth it even if the boys spot it....specially w our dollar exchange being a whole lot better than it was when I ordered it.

The best delivery is by USPS - don't for the life of you have it shipped UPS - you'll break the bank in charges!!!

I just mega love the thing. And my love of it wouldn't have been diminished even if the boys did jump on it.

Good luck Smile

Something just occurred to me...with the GST going down to 5% in Jan. it might be worth ordering it now under the sale, but have Nanci ship it only in Jan. That way, if the boys spot it, you save yourself another 1% in charges. And with the US$ tanking, it looks like our xchange rate will hold its value past Jan.
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks Arya, I've been in touch with Nanci.

don't get me started about UPS, hate em.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
thanks Arya, I've been in touch with Nanci.

don't get me started about UPS, hate em.

Ditto BIG TIME. Think Tony Soprano runs it if ya get my meaning....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |