Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Scalp itching after rinsing with apple cider vinegar?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nicollette
5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
For the past two weeks, I applied the ACV rinsing after washing my hair hoping to resolve its super oiliness. But the next day I always experience this weird itching close to the top of my crown Confused

If I stop using ACV, the itch stops. I don't wish to stop using ACV because it does help a bit in controlling my hair oiliness.

FYI, I add 3-4 tablespoon of ACV to 1 litre of water.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Nicollette wrote:
For the past two weeks, I applied the ACV rinsing after washing my hair hoping to resolve its super oiliness. But the next day I always experience this weird itching close to the top of my crown Confused

If I stop using ACV, the itch stops. I don't wish to stop using ACV because it does help a bit in controlling my hair oiliness.

I would have to say if your scalp is itchy then stop using ACV. There are plenty of shampoo/conditioners out there to help with oily hair.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Nicollette wrote:

Think Try doing a patch test on your arm or leg. Just dab a tiny amount of ACV on the area. Next day if it is itchy or irritated I would no longer use the ACV rinse. If you find you have no reaction from your test you might be experiencing some scalp stimulation/exfoliation.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nicollette
5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Northerngirl, I know I should stop but I'm just hoping the itch is going to get away by itself after a while...

I've tried different sorts of shampoo for treating oily har, of course. But lots of them are quite harsh to my hair.

Well, I'm trying out something new soon if ACV just isn't for me Crying or Very sad
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Never heard of apple cider vinegar being used for hair its so full of acid its no wonder your scalp is ichy
Nicollette
5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the idea, Winnie! I'm gonna test it tonight. Will report back.

Lola Moroney - I've friends who have benefited a lot from using ACV especially for controlling dandruff. Lots of rave here on EDS too. Note that it is *diluted* ACV at a factor of 25 or more (for my case).
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Never heard of apple cider vinegar being used for hair its so full of acid its no wonder your scalp is ichy

I have been using ACV for scalp for about three month with positive results. The dandruff practically disappeared, and the scalp "feels" better. Right after I wash and towel dry my hair, I lightly spritz just the scalp, and massage it a little. I do not rinse off ACV, and even do not dilute it. I use Bragg ACV, but going to try other brands.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
The ACV could be drying to your hair. What I did was add a few drops of either rosemary or lavender oil to my shampoo. You might want to pour some in a small container and then add a few drops of the essential oils. It works great to control the oil in my hair. I found rosemary dried it up and lavender apparently balanced the oil secretion. I wouldnt use both only one or the other.
Or try getting plain shampoo and essential oils from Escents. They can give you more info on how to do this.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
it really depends too on the quality of your water--acv and hard water do not mix well! if you have minerals in your water you may be exacerbating the problem with acv.

i find a few drops of rosemary eo added to my shampoo and washing my hair upside down, massaging well, really helps with cleanliness and health of my scalp.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I was using AG shampoo all the time and liked it untill my skull became itchy all of a sudden. So I switched to SkinBio shampoo and organic conditioner and now everything is fine.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I added the ACV to my shampoo but after awhile I noticed that my hair was getting drier and a bit frizzy so I stopped.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reporting back for the ACV rinse issue.

Recall that I was experiencing scalp itch during my first week of ACV rinse. Then, I rubbed some ACV on my thigh and left it overnight for a "sensitive test" as suggested by Winnie. Nothing happened. So, I resumed the ACV rinse. In the second week, I still experienced some itch but very little. Then, absolutely nothing for the third and fourth weeks.

Why? Well, the culprit for the itch I experienced initially was due to the extremely dry weather during my first week of ACV rinse! The humidity rate was only about 25% and that was it. When the weather was back to normal, ACV rinse just works so fine.

ACV makes my hair softer and it controls partially the oiliness of my scalp.

Another reason that I'm using ACV is hoping that it may help reducing the evil hard water effect. For this matter, avalange, do you still have this trouble or you find a good solution already? Or anyone else experiencing good results using ACV for this aspect?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I use a little ACV in a liter of water as a clarifying rinse once in a while. I do it after shampooing and before conditioning. If I do it last, I can smell it during the day, and I don't want to smell like ACV! It does really leave my hair soft and shiny.

Nicolette: Your best bet is a water filter for your shower. They are not too expensive, are easy to install, and are so worth it. You won't believe the difference in your hair and skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I use an ACV rinse to help keep build up off my hair, from hard water and styling products. I only do it once every other week. I dilute it-- one part ACV, two parts water. I squirt it on wet hair, massage it into my scalp, and let it sit for a awhile. Then, I shampoo it out, and use a deep condtioner. Lately I've been adding lemon oil, just because I have it, and it helps to control flakiness. I'm thinking of picking up some rosemary and lavendar for this purpose.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |