Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Lash Growth Enhancing Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angelhugs
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
FitFifty, you may well be right. I have also noticed that there is more fall out of lashes. I will give my lashes a break and then reintroduce a couple of times a week and report back in due course whether there is an improvement.

Incidentally, my friend has had spectacular results rubbing in good old castor oil into her lashes at night! Rolling Eyes Her lashes are thick and SOOOO glossy they look wet!

Maybe good old fashioned remedies are better for us.

If the Lumigan journey comes to an end, I will road test some traditional remedies from around the world and start up a new thread and post results.

Hey! At least I will have tried it all! Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Wish there was some way to consolidate the topics, since I'm also posting on the Lumigan thread, and have said some of this there.
I don't have castor oil, but I put plain old olive oil or vaseline on my lashes some nights. Or Ardell lash conditioner, which I also sometimes use as "clear mascara" during the day. Not to make it sound like I'm deliberately rotating - it's whether I'm in the bathroom or the kitchen when the thought strikes me, and what's handy. What nights I use the Lumigan is equally hit or miss. In this case, inconsistency seems to serve me very well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem as some of you, i was using lumigan for three months and my eyelashes nearky reached my eyebrows.

Now my eyelashes have started to fall out, about five a day. They look sparse although they are still long they are not as thick and i fear that if i even touch them they will fall out. I have read about the different growth cycles of eyelashes and apparently this is normal, so maybe i should continue to use lumigan?

Im so worrried that my eyelashes will continue to fall out if i do which is scary. I dont want to have bald eyelids! lol!

Has anyone else had their eyelashes fall out after using lash enhancement products only to grow them back again?

im desperate please advise.

Thanks

Angel
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I recently had a shed of eyelashes also about 5 a day. I still had some long lashes but they were looking a little bit sparse. I am using LiLash by the way. Whereas before I could get away without using any mascara I started to use just a quick swipe of it. I could see lots of new lashes growing in so I stuck with LiLash. Now 5 weeks later my lashes are looking very long and lush once again and I have dispensed with the mascara. They have stop shedding for the moment - I just think it is a normal cycle they go through. You can have a look at my pictures - I think they are on page 6 of this thread. My lashes are even longer now.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies, im feeling a little more assured. I think i will use a eyelash serum now, as lumigan makes my eyelashes very dry and upon reflection, i have noticed my eyes have been very dry! The other day i almost brought eye drops but didnt even think it could be the lumigan.

Im just so disappointed as i loved applying my mascara each morning knowing i had super long eyelashes. In fact when i had mascara on they were the same length as your eyelashes in your picture.

Hopefully my eyelashes will look like that when i buy lilash.

I just hope i dont have to go through this again, as its been quite frigthtening thinking your eyelids are going to go bald! How many cycles have you experienced where you have lost lashes?

i was applying lumigan two times a day soaking my lashes and have been advised by others that, they also may have caused it.

Can you pm me which ebay seller sell you lilash.

Thanks for your help
Angel
Angelhugs
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Angelboots,

I too have noticed some bald spots. To be honest I can see some baby lashes beginning to grow through although this has taken a few weeks. I'm beginning to think that it is not worth it as Lumigan is not actually STRENGTHENING my lashes, merely speeding up the growth cycle and prolonging the resting phase of the hair. What I actually want, is stronger and thicker lashes which Lumigan falls short of delivering.

I have also had very dry eyes, Shock sometimes they are very painful on waking. I have also had a few whiteheads appearing on the lash line which did not happen before.

I think these are warning signs to lay off the Lumigan and prostaglandin based treatments and find an alternative natural treatment that boosts the strength and condition of lashes.

Strong lashes look THICKER. Lumigan lashes may be longer but they are weaker and spindly and eventually go back to their original length after about 6 months, that is if they haven't fallen out altogether!! Confused

Will commence alternative treatments and post back with results. Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've just seen an eyelash growth product on
youtube advertised by someone called Edie -
has anyone tried it?
I can't find any information regarding the ingredients. www.dancefreak.com
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelhugs,

I agree with you, i think lumigan makes your lashes grow fast but doesnt nourish them, and instead makes them brittle; I have heard this of the old revitalash too.

My eyelashes are a pitiful site at the moment, and this has caused me so mich worry as i only hope they at least return to normal, and i will use an eyelash serum to speed up the process.

I have ordered emu oil mixed with vitamin e oil as my eyelahses and lids need some intensive moisturising treatment after what ive put them through.

I will then start on my lilash when it arrives.

Thanks

Angel
Angelhugs
5% products discount

Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angelboots,

Does Lillash contain any prostaglandins at all or is it a nourishing serum?

I have started taking Biotin plus other minerals and vitamins to boost hair/lash quality so will see how that goes. Also, I am using castor oil as my friend has had excellent results. It's a bit sticky but I prefer it to Emu oil which stings a bit.
My bald patch is taking its time to fill in and looks quite horrendous! Sad I have stopped the Lumigan and Travatan though and will persevere with the alternatives. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelhugs,

Lilash contains prostaglandins, and also nourishing agents to apparently grow lashes whilst conditioning them.

No doubt prostaglandins work to grow the lashes i have definately seen evidence of that but i think just to use the 'neat' active ingredients straight onto my lashes was a big mistake. Lumigan may be the cheaper option, but ots not nourishing, in fact its stripping. Lets hoep it hasnt damaged my eyelash follicles.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Have spent the whole of my weekend researching eyelash shedding to ease my own worries about my recently thinned out lashes.

Please see info below, it may be of some use to some of you. If you want the link, you'll have to pm as i cant post it.

There are about 90-150 eyelashes on the upper eyelid and about 70 - 80 eyelashes on the lower eyelid. Eyelashes reach a length up to about 10 mm and each eyelash follows its own growth cycle.
There are 3 phases to the eyelash growth cycle, (like all hair):

Anagen - the active growth phase. Only 40% of the upper eyelashes are in active growth at any one time (only 15% of lower lashes are in active growth). This phase lasts 30 - 45 days

Catagen - the transition phase when the eyelash stops growing and the follicle shrinks. This lasts 2 - 3 weeks

Telogen - this is the resting phase and can last over 100 days before the eyelashes fall out

Each eyelash is in its own cycle so there are some lashes in each phase at all times and most days at least a few eyelashes will fall out.

It has been found in research studies that certain drugs do cause fuller longer eyelashes. This was found as a side effect when Latanoprost (a member of the prostaglandin family, which includes Bimatoprost) was used to treat glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
Latanoprost (and Bimatoprost) causes the longer eyelashes by increasing the anagen (growth) phase and reducing the telogen (resting) phase of the eyelash growth cycle. This means the lashes grow for a longer period and so reach a longer length - called hypertrichosis.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
amber - you mention you're using LiLash. I thought I read you were trying Jan Marini Lash.

I also PM'd you

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I did not get great results from the new Marini Lash.The original JM I did get great results but that is no longer available. I am getting much longer lashes after using Lumigan for 1 month. The big problem is:How do you maintain long lashes once you get them!!!!!I had HUGE lashes with the original JM formula,then after a few months they went back to normal!There must be a formula to keep them long.....perhaps product rotation? Its very upsetting to have long lashes and then POOOF! They are gone in a matter of months!Does anyone have ANY idea how to maintain the length???????
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
If you keep using what works for you then you should be able to keep your long lashes. I have chopped and changed a bit regarding serums but my lashes, although from time to time shed and get a bit thin, have stayed long and have never reverted back to how they were 2 years ago. Maybe because I have switched from one product to another it has helped maintain my lashes, as you mentioned in your post - but really not too sure if that is the secret to success!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well, in Nov 06 I used the original JM formula which gave me very long lashes after a couple months.I faithfully used it everyday but after 6 months they reverted to their original state. I think you may become immune to the formula afterawhile and maybe mixing things up is what will do it. Thats what might have worked for you is rotating formulas but I know I have been watching all the threads on lashes and the same problem people have is "they cant keep their long lashes permanently'-its only a temporary thing.Its very upsetting when you have had long lashes and then you lose them!
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucyluc

I know exactly what you mean and i've only been using lash enhancing products for three months.

I used Lumigan and my lash were very long, and then one day they had gone leaving me with pathetic looking lashes worse than i had orginally.

I desperately invested in a tube of lilash to stop the shedding and grow my weedy eyelashes back but it made my eyes so irritated ive currently got an eye infection not very nice.

I then decided to make my own lash enhancer last weekend. I read through loads of forums on what apparently makes eyelashes grow and went out and brought the ingredients.

I wanted to create a formula that is moisturising, cheap to make and and most of all works.

See the ingredients:

Castor oil (1 teaspoon)
Castor oil stimulats the body’s production of prostaglandins (which is what is found is lash enhancers)

Lumigan (15 drops)
Actual prostaglandin, and i have personal evidence this works

Vitamin e oil (3 capsules)
For moisturisation and to prevent dark circles caused by the lumigan

Emu oil (1 teasppon)
To push all of the above ingredients deep into my eyelashes

At present i am applying this receipe twice a day and it is very gentle

It Seems to be working as i have some very long lashes that have appeared over the last week!

Will keep you posted.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Arrggghhh! and Help!!!

For those of you who tint your eyelashes, please tell me what mascara can be used, when you want to really enjoy the new length..

Sorry to ask this here, but I'm a bit desperate .. Sad

For once in my life, I want to not look like a 'ghost' in holiday pictures (with the whole family here), and I tried putting on a little (wiped of the thingy) mascara, and I have horrible clumps everywhere.. (This is what I get for being to lazy to do this on a regular basis.)

So is it possible to wear mascara, when your eyelashes are tinted? (I only used tint twice since July.)

I look like a drag queen Grandma .. Sad .. HELP!!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, you should be able to use your regular mascara...just comb out any clumps. If you don't have a lash brush or comb, use a toothbrush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy, you should be able to use your regular mascara...just comb out any clumps. If you don't have a lash brush or comb, use a toothbrush.

Thanks Beth! I used the lash comb that came with the 'Swiss O Par', and it worked perfectly... Very Happy

Do you find that when putting on the mascara it tugs rather than glide? It could also be that the mascara has been sitting in the draw for about a year also.. Embarassed Laughing

On another note, which is actually back on topic, I've been alternating Lumigan + just the Talika conditioner every other night, since 11-1 and have only noticed a little growth. No change to the thickness, except a very few new hairs near the corners. The shedding is about average.

I'm leary to use the Lumigan every night because I'm afraid the lashes will get too much of a growth spurt, and all shed at once.. Shock I'm happy with the little extra length I achieved.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm leary to use the Lumigan every night because I'm afraid the lashes will get too much of a growth spurt, and all shed at once.. Shock I'm happy with the little extra length I achieved.

That is exactly what happened to me with the Revitalash...they all shed at the same time. Rolling Eyes

I am betting that your mascara is old...I have seen no difference in applying my mascara since I tinted my lashes. I did have to switch from a lengthening/volumizing formula to just volumizing because they were crazy long with the old formula, and it was just TOO much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am betting that your mascara is old...

Misery likes company ... Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, you crack me up! If only everyone and everything could age as beautifully and gracefully as you...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
So is it possible to wear mascara, when your eyelashes are tinted? (I only used tint twice since July.)

I look like a drag queen Grandma .. Sad .. HELP!!

Having tinted eyelashes shouldn't affect the application of mascara, if anything, it compliments it. Maybe you're mascara is just too thick - I think the trend these days is for the Tammy Faye Baker look! Which, I have to admit, I'm a big fan of. But if you're looking for a standard mascara, what about good old Maybelline's Great Lash. If you don't like mascara you could try using Ardell's Brow Colour (it's like their lash conditioning product only coloured).
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Kassy, you crack me up! If only everyone and everything could age as beautifully and gracefully as you...

AHHHHH! What a sweet thing to say, thank you!

I'm especially lovely looking today, after a 6 day marathon houseful, of my roudy NY + NJ family...And chasing after my grandsons who spent the night ... Laughing Rolling Eyes Very Happy Anxious Brick wall

Everyone will be cleared out by tomorrow evening, and I'm going to sit down with my LED, have a glass of wine (or 3 Laughing ), and see what I've missed here in the last week .. ) I need my good long EDS fix!

Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tint my lashes and wear my regular mascara with no problems. Keep in mind that mascara only lasts about three months after it's been opened. After that it goes all thick and clumpy. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |