Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
How young is too young?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I am recently divorced, finally back on the dating scene after the last 2 years of being home alone with the kids and depressed. I am now dating, and my question is how young do you think is too young. I am 38, but have heard that I look about 33.
I am dating 2 men, one is 29, and one is 25. I am having fun again, and I dont want a husband, or serious relationship, I just want to have fun dating, and have some male company once in a while. I only have every other weekend to date anyway. Is this just wrong??? They are both mature, and I really don't FEEL like they are that young when I am with them. They seem to be mature enough for me.
What do you girls think????
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I am 44 and my husband is 29 so you can guess my reply. The fact that you have children makes it a more serious matter who you date and bring into their lives, but if all you want is to date someone casually when the kids are away then age shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Go for it, life is short, have fun!!!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Well that makes me feel better! For some reason, part of me feels like I am doing something wrong (especially with the 25 yr. old) but NO I don't introduce anyone I am dating to my kids, that is a NO NO.
It's just finally having fun after 8 miserable years of marraige!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I think more important than the age, is that you enjoy one another's company and have fun. Especially after going through a divorce, it's hard putting your life back together and a good time to have the company of those you enjoy. You sound like you have a balanced perspective of starting your life over including not involving your children in this type of new experience, when they probably need life to stabilize for a while.

Good luck!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
That makes me feel better, I don't know why I think it's wierd, there is such a double standard! If I were the older man, there would be no issue.
But b/c Im a woman, there is a stigma.
The truth is that it is really hard to find single guys in their 30's! Plus, I have to admit I like them younger, they are usually more fit, more fun, and cuter!!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just make sure they're not jailbait amylola Laughing

My b/f is 14 years younger than I am, so you know I'm all in favour of dating younger men. Our relationship has lasted 17 years, longer than both my marriages combined Very Happy

Go for it and have fun!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
No anya, I think 25 is the youngest I would go. Seriously, I didnt even think I would date them that young, but this one is just too hot to pass up!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I think that's totally fine! Once they're over 21, they can date whoever they want! Really 25 and 29 aren't too young at all. I know it's cliche, but imagine a man being worried about dating a 29 or 25 year old woman- it wouldn't cause any comment at all!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Oooohhhh. My favorite topic!

This is the last frontier for dating -- the "appropriateness" of older woman/younger man together.

I'm happy to be a "pioneer" in this movement. It only makes sense, I don't know why it's been the last pairing to be accepted. Men die younger. Maybe together, we can live a long life, instead of the woman being alone the last 20 years.

I've got a crush on a man 20 years younger than me. We flirt outrageously at work. It is one of the perks. Last weekend I met a man 22 years younger who I had an instant connection with.

They call us "cougars" now. Which I didn't like at first, but after talking to several young men, I know now that older women are called that not because we are predatory, but because we are exotic and hot and hard to catch. I can dig that.

And good GOD, if you're just out to have fun -- then HAVE it! Do you cut off your potential friends at a certain age? I don't. One of my best friends is 29. My roommate is 27 and a guy. He'd LOVE it if I agreed to a relationship.

But I like to watch him stumble around with his 20-somethings. It makes me feel older and wiser. We have terrific fun trading stories.

He is miserable much more often than I am. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, and we are called Cougars now. Older woman/younger man. edit: OOPS! Sidda I didn't read your post before jumping in here...sorry!

My husband is 13 years younger than I am, which gives me the incentive to stay young-thinking and -acting, if not -looking all the time.

It takes an exceptionally mature younger man to interest me, and the baby/no baby issues have to be dealt with straight off the bat. 32 seems to be the magic number for me. Any younger and they're just too silly and angst-ridden. Course there's always that exception.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Well my husband was 8 years younger, yes we are divorced, but were together 15 years - and age was not the issue - he was just a b***** Bad Grin
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think 16 years, I.e. he's old enough to be your (young) father or he's young enough to be your son.

Go for it!!!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree (obviously). 16 years/pseudo parenthood images is just as random as any other number.

It comes down to personalities and is totally subjective. I once met a woman in her 60s whose husband was in his 20s. They adored each other. Say what you wish about it being a weird relationship or some neurotic replacement for a parent or grandparent, but the reality is, if it works for them, it is no one else's bidness. If we all could be so lucky as to take care, true and deep care, of one person each, the world would be much better off. Wherever and however you find that one person, hunker down and be grateful.

Or, in the OP case, just have a buncha fun. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Couldn't agree more Sidda Age is just a number and means absolutely nothing when two people find each other and they just 'match'. I firmly believe (in my case), that it was just meant to be. We fulfill each other's needs and although to outsiders our relationship might seem odd, it's been a darn sight more successful and enduring than most marriages I know of.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I don't think that age is a big issue. You also mentioned that you aren't looking for anything serious, and I think guys in their twenties are perfect for this since many of them are "commitment-phobic." haha!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
i say go for it girl!
Men have been dating much younger women since forever... so why can't women do it too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well the 25 year old ditched me when I didnt sleep with him on the first date, so that one is done. I like younger guys, but boy are they immature and hard to figure out. I don't like playing games. Guess I gotta go out this weekend, and try to find a new one!!
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, how do you ladies feel about Linda Hogan (4Cool and her bf (19)...Is that too much of an age difference? Considering her children are about his age or a year or two younger...I know I just had to mention the Hogans....Sorry, I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is...IMO, I think it's too young...
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my 8 looks like a cool face, I meant she's 48!
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Part of what made me start looking so in depth for the fountain of youth and caused me to run across this wonderful bunch of ladies is I am 10 years older than my husband. He is 30 and I'm 40.

This 40th b-day just a few weeks ago has really hit me hard and made me start "really" caring about how old I look. Most people think I'm 35 but these bags under my eyes have just recently became a problem. I don't mind growing old, just looking old. Laughing

I would have never considered a younger man (my ex is 13 years older than me) but we just hit it off, and man oh man did he persue!

What I'm saying is I don't think age really matters as long as you both are on the same spirtual, and energy level.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
kj68
Well said! And you've come to the right place for ways to keep looking fab!
fawnie Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
gellys wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how do you ladies feel about Linda Hogan (4Cool and her bf (19)...Is that too much of an age difference? Considering her children are about his age or a year or two younger...I know I just had to mention the Hogans....Sorry, I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is...IMO, I think it's too young...

My mother is 48. I am 23. If my mother dated someone younger than me, I really think our relationship would be damaged for a very long time. First, there is no 19 year old on Earth that has the maturity, responsibility and intelligence to carry on a relationship with a 48 year old educated mother of two. Second, if she was just looking for a fling... eeww!! I don't want to hear about it, especially when he's younger than me. You know this kid would just be bragging to his friends about the "cougar" he got with. Third, I would question her sanity and consideration for her own children.

And consider this - Linda Hogan is a celebrity and her relationship with her younger boyfriend is major tabloid fodder. Imagine being her 22 year old daughter Brooke and having reporters ask you about your "cougar" mother dating someone younger than you. I couldn't handle it.
arym
5% products discount

Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Good to know there are other ladies to identify with out there. I'm 54 and seeing 2 men ages 45 and 39. They both persued me and I'm glad they did. I think younger men appreciate us more. I take care of myself and people tell me I look 45-48 years old.
arym
5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Sidda,
You seem like someone I could be friends with. I am 54, think and feel like I am in my 30's and look like I am in my mid 40's. I am currently seeing a man who is 39 and until very recently was seeing a man who was 45 for 3 years. Both men persued me as I had never before thought that a younger man would be interested in me. When I am with them they make me feel young and desired. It,s great!
I take care of myself by eating healthy and excersing, also I am not opposed to using botox, lasers and fillers to help me look my best. Do you do anything to keep yourself looking and feeling like the person you feel inside?

Reply to Amylola, you say you are 38 and look 33, that,s great, but be careful about dating men younger than 30. I think most men under 30 still think like a teenager.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree, I am having issues with dating guys under 30, they are just so flaky, and don't understand planning out things. I am a mom of 2 and only have every other weekend to do stuff, so I need to plan dates, etc, and it is frustrating to deal with men that just want to call you that day. I am starting to get frustrated with the whole dating thing.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |