Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Tinted moisturizer for pale skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Laura Mercier and I'm currently using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer, but even the lightest shades are a little too dark for me. I have fairly oily, acne prone skin. Please recommend a tinted moisturizer for very pale skin, something with an spf would be even better. Thanks
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of Stila Sheer Color. It is SPF 15.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Bobbi Brown? Her lightest shades are quite pale, though best for warm/yellow undertoned skin.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Ditto what flitcraft said. BB probably is your best bet, but her foundation and tinted moisturizers are very yellow-toned. Another good one to try is Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturizer. Their fair shade is quite pale. But then again, I have no clue how pale you are. If not, you can always try mixing mineral foundation powder with a moisturizer to use as a tinted moisturizer. HTH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving MD Skincare all in one Tinted Moisturizer. Since I'm not very fair I don't know how light their light shades are but I think it's an awesome Tinted Moisurizer. If you live near a Sephora you could check out the shades in person.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
A drugstore alternative might be the Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer. I haven't tried this yet but have seen many positive reviews. People mentioned about how light the "fair to light" shade was and that it would be good for those with extremely pale skin. It also has SPF 15.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
I'm loving MD Skincare all in one Tinted Moisturizer. Since I'm not very fair I don't know how light their light shades are but I think it's an awesome Tinted Moisurizer. If you live near a Sephora you could check out the shades in person.

I wouldn't recommend this tinted moisturizer for fair-skinned girl at all. I'm a MAC NC20 (I think) and the fairest shade of this tinted moisturizer was far too dark on my skin. As for the formula itself, I didn't find it any better or worse than other tinted moisturizers I've tried. I thought it was quite drying and very difficult to spread even with a layer of moisturizer and foundation primer underneath. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. There's so many conflicting reviews, it's hard to decide which one will work for me, I guess I'll have to try a few and let my skin decide for itself. I wish I could save my skin from another breakout and save a little money too.

Also, Can anyone tell me the ingredients in the Stila and Bobbi Brown? I can't find them on their websites.
Thanks again
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
A drugstore alternative might be the Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer. I haven't tried this yet but have seen many positive reviews. People mentioned about how light the "fair to light" shade was and that it would be good for those with extremely pale skin. It also has SPF 15.

I've used this one and I like it. I am fair skinned and it gives a hint of colour and looks natural. I have dry skin so I use it over my moisturizer.
kara8675309
5% products discount

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just picked up a tube of Sephora's brand tinted moisturizer. I really love the texture and it has an SPF of 15, is oil free and has vitamin E. It cost $18 and I got the bronze color which is actually fairly light. I have light/med Asian skin tone. It comes in 5 shades: light, medium, dark, deep, and bronze. I liked the bronze color so much that I did not even bother trying the other colors. It seems to get a little darker once applied to the skin. The only drawback is the tube seems to leak in the lid which can get messy over time, especially if you transport your makeup around like I do. I'll probably end up putting it in another container.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Did you use the "porcelain" color of Laura Mercier? It's very pale.
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
Did you use the "porcelain" color of Laura Mercier? It's very pale.

Porcelain was the shade that I tried. I liked it at first, but then it seemed to get a bit orangey after a few hours. After reading all the raves, I really wanted to like it. But my skin seems less oily now, maybe I should give it another try.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ironically, porcelain really isn't all that light a shade, as it happens. Bobbi Brown's lightest shade is considerably lighter than that.
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Flitcraft, I would love to try Bobbi Brown, but I don't live near a retailer and I can't find an ingredient list and I don't want to buy it without knowing what's in it. So could you list them for me?
Thanks so much
havana8

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Is this Bobbi Brown's SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer? QVC has them....

Ingredients: octinaxate 7.50%, titanium dioxide 3.00%
water (aqua purificata), Phenyl, Methicone, butylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetraoctanoate, simmonsdia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, petrolatum, osaccharide gum,- 1, steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, magenesium aluminum silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, cetyl acohol, acrylamide/sodium acryloydimethyltaurate, copolymer, peg-12, dimethicone, isohexadecane, lecithin, xanthan gum, steareth -2 potassium stearate, citric acid, fragrance (parfum), limonene, linalool, benzyl salicylate, polysorbate 80, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydrocacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, (MAY CONTAIN) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8!
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you try Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25? It has a tint which is suitable for fair skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks plug-in-babe! I haven't heard of that one before, I'll have to look into it. SPF 25 would be great. Is it ok for oily skin?
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tiffy wrote:
Thanks plug-in-babe! I haven't heard of that one before, I'll have to look into it. SPF 25 would be great. Is it ok for oily skin?

I thought Clinique City Block products were familar to many! Yes, I think it is suitable for oily skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
plug-in-babe wrote:
Why don't you try Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25? It has a tint which is suitable for fair skin.

Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find a tinted one.
Thanks
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Tiffy wrote:
plug-in-babe wrote:

Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find a tinted one.
Thanks

There aren't a tinted one and a untinted one. It is just called City Block Sheer SPF 25. Here is a link: http://shopping.msn.com/reviews/shp/?itemId=779828880

This one is tinted. And the colour is very light, suitable for fair skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Clinique super city block is suitable for fair skin, but keep in mind it's a tinted sunblock, not a moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend the Clinique tinted moisturizer in the fairest shade. It was too dark for me; I returned it and bought the Superbalanced foundation in Breeze, which is working for me. It's very light-- I would recommend it if you're just looking for a sheer wash of color.

Another product you may want to look into is DHC Moist COlor base in beige. It's a physical sunscreen, spf 30+. I like the product, but it's almost too pale for me, which is nuts because I'm super pale. So, if you're looking for something for fair skin, this might work.
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Clinique super city block is suitable for fair skin, but keep in mind it's a tinted sunblock, not a moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend the Clinique tinted moisturizer in the fairest shade. It was too dark for me; I returned it and bought the Superbalanced foundation in Breeze, which is working for me. It's very light-- I would recommend it if you're just looking for a sheer wash of color.

Another product you may want to look into is DHC Moist COlor base in beige. It's a physical sunscreen, spf 30+. I like the product, but it's almost too pale for me, which is nuts because I'm super pale. So, if you're looking for something for fair skin, this might work.

Thanks for the info violetanne, it sounds like Clinique isn't right for me. I went to the DHC site and they have some great products and the Moist Color Base sounds really good, and not too expensive either.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ironically, porcelain really isn't all that light a shade

Sad I just ordered a sample it the LM tinted moisturizer in Nude (the only color available) and I have fair skin...the description is misleading: for fair to light skin tones

With regards to the original question, Juice Beauty' SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer seems like it would work for all skin notes...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:40 am      Reply with quote
if you are looking for something tinted have you tried Nivea the beige one.......that is quite lite?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |