Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help me solve this Ebay mystery! :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why people bid (sometimes repeatedly) on items days in advance. It just jacks up the price for everyone involved, including yourself?! I have never understood this and I'm not sure if I ever will...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know...this drives me nuts.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that it is the seller doing this under a different name or names.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
This drives me nuts too... although I have to admit I've been guilty of doing it myself! Embarassed In most cases, I will just wait until the end of the auction and try to get it as cheaply as possible, and if that doesn't work out for me I just try again next time. However, every so often an item shows up that I just HAVE to have, and the ending time is a time when I will be out of town, swamped with work, etc, so in those cases I just go ahead and put a nice fat bid down a few days early so I don't forget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I use sniping software that's set to place my bid 3 seconds before the auction ends, that way I don't have to keep checking Very Happy
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
It's possible they won't have access to a computer later, and are very clear with themselves on what the maximum is they are willing to spend.

anya, what is your sniping softeware?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
This drives me nuts too... although I have to admit I've been guilty of doing it myself! Embarassed In most cases, I will just wait until the end of the auction and try to get it as cheaply as possible, and if that doesn't work out for me I just try again next time. However, every so often an item shows up that I just HAVE to have, and the ending time is a time when I will be out of town, swamped with work, etc, so in those cases I just go ahead and put a nice fat bid down a few days early so I don't forget.

I'm the same way. In general I agree that this is a crappy practice, but I've done it myself over a couple of things -- over a product I was gaga for that had been discontinued, and when I knew I'd be out of the country when the auction was ending. If I had anya's software, though, that'd be MUCH better! I too would love to know the name. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
JBidwatcher is the sniping software I use. Love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

anya, what is your sniping softeware?

Melanie, I also use JBid Watcher. Its free to download and works on Macs, Windows and Unix platforms.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm totally going to have to look into that. Thanks very much to you both!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm I'm the opposite, I hate sniping software..to me it's against the spirit of ebay.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've sold quite a few things on ebay, and I don't agree at all that bidding during the auction drives the price up. I've watched people do both and it hasn't affected the price. I don't snipe. If I want something I bid on it.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I guess it's just an individual thing.
I'm a habitual 'window shopper' on Ebay...I'm always watching items and just wondered about this. I agree sometimes,even if there are a lot of bids at the beginning, they're seems to be a 'market' price that an item usually ends up going for. But I've also seen a number of items sell for more than what you would pay for in a store (online or in person).

Thanks for all your responses Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |