Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where do you buy your Emu Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Prices seem to vary every place I look and I'm not sure which site has the best quality. Any help is appreciated!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I order Dremu Oil from EDS

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Skin Biology's emu oil. It doesn't appear very refined (kind of yellow and cloudy) so it's not very elegant to use but it does a good job of absorbing into the skin overnight to leave it nicely moisturized the next morning. I really like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is very good website you should check it out.
LongviewFarms

Good luck! Wink
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
You should be able to find it in any well stocked health food store.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I buy mine from LBProcessors. Their customer service is excellent, quality products, and fast shipping.

http://lbemuoil.com/emu_oil.htm
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
i get mine from marky at garden of wisdom, its the best i have used. hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for the variety of places! What is the difference between refined and unrefined? Are we just talking texture and smell, or is generally refinded better for the skin?
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
you usually want cold pressed unrefined oils, but some oils are always refined, like emu, its just a matter how refined it is? garden of wisdom is gently refined, you can go to the gow board and ask about more info there on emu oil.hth

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is white - refined and is from DianaYvonne.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
hopeful wrote:

Hopeful - When you say GoW's Emu is the best you've used, what other company's have you tried? Have you ever used LB Processors Emu Oil (which is lovely)? I am very tempted to try GoW's Emu Oil because the price is so good (and Markey isn't one to supply products that are second rate). Thanks...

5% products discount

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
They sell it on Lumiere's site. $15 for 2oz. or $22 for 4oz.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I buy this Dremu Oil from EDS.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
hopeful wrote:

Hopeful - When you say GoW's Emu is the best you've used, what other company's have you tried? Have you ever used LB Processors Emu Oil (which is lovely)? I am very tempted to try GoW's Emu Oil because the price is so good (and Markey isn't one to supply products that are second rate). Thanks...

I've used a few different emu oils... the GOW one to me is sort of similar to the one from Skin Biology, a little bit yellowish and "gloopy" (that cloudy semi-chunky appearance - has the typical "fried oil" smell associated with emu oils). I order it myself, it's cheap and I love it on my feet in the winter.

For facial use, I actually like the clear emu oil from Diana Yvonne (LB Processors). I did also try the ultra emu from the same place before but didn't like it as much as the clear.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I bought from EDS. Wink

My questions are What is the different between 100% clear emu oil and Triple Refined Pure Emu Oil? Which one is the best Question
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
hopeful wrote:

I've used a few different emu oils... the GOW one to me is sort of similar to the one from Skin Biology, a little bit yellowish and "gloopy" (that cloudy semi-chunky appearance - has the typical "fried oil" smell associated with emu oils). I order it myself, it's cheap and I love it on my feet in the winter.

For facial use, I actually like the clear emu oil from Diana Yvonne (LB Processors). I did also try the ultra emu from the same place before but didn't like it as much as the clear.

Hi Maiea - Thanks for the comparison between oils. I was hoping to find a cheaper Emu oil for my face, but the 'clear' version claims to penetrate deeper (due to the extra step of removing additional solids), so I think I'll stick with LB Processor's Clear Emu oil as I doubt I would be happy with a gloopy oil or one that had that fried oil smell Not talking - LOL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
GoW's emu oil was the second one I tried (first being Dremu Oil) and I was NOT impressed at all. It separated into 2 layers soon after I got it and for some reason, it didn't seem to absorb as well as the Dremu Oil did. Also, it's got a very gloopy texture to it.

Next one, I'm gonna try the clear on from LB Processor as it looks a lot more pleasant to use....not yellow and cloudy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:
I bought from EDS. Wink

My questions are What is the different between 100% clear emu oil and Triple Refined Pure Emu Oil? Which one is the best Question

The difference between 'Clear' and 'Triple Refined' is actually one additional process, which appears to be the subject of great debate amongst certain producers of emu oil. Regular Emu Oil is physically refined using a process called Vacuum Strip Deordorization. This process produces a safe & clean AEA Certified Emu Oil. Clear Emu Oil has been physically refined first and then gone through another process to remove some solids which enable it to penetrate deeper into your skin (which is why it is preferred for the face). This additional step also allows the oil to remain clear and more liquid at room temperature.

Triple Refined Emu oil has been physically refined (process #1), then Molecularly Distilled (process #2), and finally put through the same process as the Clear to remove solids (or fatty acids) that will allow it to penetrate deeper into your skin as well as remain clear and liquid at room temperature (process #3). The debate between emu oil producers is whether or not the Molecularly Distilled process is actually doing anything significant, or if it is possibly harming some of the properties of the oil. At this time there isn't any sort of study or paper written to say one way or the other.

The use of terms like '100%' and 'Pure' is meant to imply the same thing, though I would question 'Pure' over '100%' only because there are producers who add extra ingredients to stabilize the oil (and prevent it from turning rancid). So it may not be 100% emu oil after they're done adding whatever percentage of additional ingredients. I should mention that FDA Regulations do allow company's to add a small preservative during processing and still call their oil '100%'. Case in point is LB Processors who position their oils as 100%, yet they add 200 ppm (parts per million) of natural Vitamin E to their oils to stabilize them (which they openly admit to on their website. Smile ).

As for the 'best' emu oil my vote is for the 'Clear' by LB Processors. HTH's...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Dremu from EDS
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone compared relative cost of the best oils?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Dremu Oil from EDS.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the explanations of clear and refined, so much to learn and it's so nice having so many knowledgeable people to ask!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi there.. I've tried most of the sites mentioned here to purchase emu oil but I stumbled upon a website, bio-alternatives dot com, where the refined emu oil is $17.99 for 2 oz. I'm very impressed with this brand. I wish it came in a larger size, but it doesn't. I'll be trying the 4 oz. size from Lumiere thanks to someone mentioning it here. I've gotten less expensive emu oil in the past, but found that it separates and I had to throw it out. On to Lumiere!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Good grief - I don't know how I overlooked this before since I'm often ordering samples at Lumiere, but I just discovered that they have a Triple Refined Clear Emu Oil that is HALF the price of LB Processor's Clear oil. Shock A 1 oz bottle is $12.00 and the shipping is FREE!!! You can't beat that for a double deal! The Triple Refined Clear oil is called "Diminish" and not to be confused with their "Original Creamy Emu Oil", which is also priced exceptionally well. If you're not sure which one you want to try, they offer sample sizes of both (how can anyone not love Lumiere!). Finger's crossed that it is just as nice or even better than LB's!

Thank-you Whitmanea and Lefemme for mentioning Lumiere, otherwise I doubt I would have gone back to the site to investigate further. Smile

Edited to add: Until I try Lumiere's oil, I guess the jury is out on my final vote for the best emu oil - LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that Lumiere also has Pure Squalane Oil, again at a great price - 1 oz for $12.00 and includes shipping (within the States and Canada that is). Smile

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)